P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_G_D

Mike, since I did not specify 'ends on 6/15 or until out-of-stock', I will extend the promo pricing at least a couple more days once they are back in stock.
That is very fair! Thank you and your response makes me all the more confident in my decision to purchase. Keep up the good work!

-Mike

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
I got mine today. Before I even got to it, it already found the control channel. Spooky! :ROFLMAO:

It's doing good with a -70 to -80 sitting in a condensed area surrounded by trees. I have Windows desktops but unfortunately I'm not a big laptop fanatic and all I have is a MacBook Pro. I got it to work though. I installed the JDK, ran it in Terminal.

I also made a shortcut on the desktop, even though it still opens a Terminal window but that's no big deal right now.

I'll have to report back on functionality.

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
and all I have is a MacBook Pro. I got it to work though. I installed the JDK, ran it in Terminal.
Cool! I thought it might work on a Mac, but you are the first one to try it. Thanks!

I got mine today. Before I even got to it, it already found the control channel. Spooky!
I tried programming them before sending them out.

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you!
From responses so far, I know that I need to add the conventional support into the graphical configuration software.
This is on my to-do list now.

That sounds good, the system I monitor is pretty weak, I need to get my antenna higher outside!
I am definitely interested in conventional also.
I think I am going to give it a try.
Thank you for the logging video
JSTARS03

btt

Banned
Banned
That sounds good, the system I monitor is pretty weak, I need to get my antenna higher outside!
Thanks. I am currently using an inexpensive yaggi indoors / small tripod (described in the user manual in the antenna section). It also sounds good with weaker signals of course. I probably should make another video with an omni and the fix for the java-software audio->pc speaker quality. (3.5mm audio and Bluetooth don't have this issue).

btt

Banned
Banned
This video demonstrates reception with the signal level down in the low -90s dBm. Note that this is not the supplied antenna. It is an omni TRAM 150/450 mobile antenna being used to monitor an 85x.xx control channel. This is why the signal levels are so much lower than the previous video with the Yagi.

Parts to assemble more units were ordered today.

Reports of performance are mixed so far from those who have received them. There may be some issues with simulcast after all. I will report more on this as I learn more from those who are trying them out.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
You get as much interesting activity as I do here. It sounds great at the low -90s.

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Reports of performance are mixed so far from those who have received them. There may be some issues with simulcast after all. I will report more on this as I learn more from those who are trying them out.

That sounds really good!

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Alright so writing talkgroups on OS X will either freeze the receiver or the software or both, I can't tell. I can quit the software normally but the receiver has to be power cycled. Going back to it, the talkgroup list is corrupted. Fixing it and making a backup is fine but restoring the backup still corrupts.

This is Mojave 10.14.6

Reactions: btt

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I will "eventually" have a P25 system here on Cape Cod. In the meantime I have one on Nantucket and one in RI that is seriously on the fringe, and from time to time I travel to where they exist. So while I don't "need" one of these the concept of it is awesome. How far out is the experimental DMR firmware you spoke of? Were that available for at least CON+ systems and conventional DMR, I would likely be pushed over the top. Am I correct that the intro price is good only until tomorrow (6/17) or are you extending that until they're back in stock? Thanks.

btt

Banned
Banned
Alright so writing talkgroups on OS X will either freeze the receiver or the software or both,
Hopefully we already got that fixed, but I realized that you will probably have the same issue writing to the roaming flash. Sent a new version to try.

How far out is the experimental DMR firmware you spoke of?
It is working pretty good for me right now. I have the control and voice channel frequencies all hard-coded. I primarily need to make that programmable and then add something to the GUI to make it easy to program the frequencies. It is really basic, it just decodes voice. There is no display of talk groups or any identification. Just voice right now. It still has the glitches I mentioned earlier. If those short comings sound ok, then I could probably get something together pretty quick. Sorry, I can't commit to a date yet. I'm still looking at P25 TDMA for the next couple of days. Assembly will be the next big priority for the next couple of weeks. Probably sometime after that.

Am I correct that the intro price is good only until tomorrow (6/17) or are you extending that until they're back in stock?
Extended at least 2 days *after* they are back in stock. If you want to be notified, you can sign up for e-mail notifications on the web site. I will send out a message from there for sure.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I understand that P25 is the main goal for you, especially at the outset. I will most definitely sign up for the email notification. Thanks for your efforts! I won't even ask about any plans for NXDN...:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Keep those videos coming as you can; I think they are a great selling point for a very exciting project and product.

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I will "eventually" have a P25 system here on Cape Cod. In the meantime I have one on Nantucket and one in RI that is seriously on the fringe, and from time to time I travel to where they exist. So while I don't "need" one of these the concept of it is awesome. How far out is the experimental DMR firmware you spoke of? Were that available for at least CON+ systems and conventional DMR, I would likely be pushed over the top. Am I correct that the intro price is good only until tomorrow (6/17) or are you extending that until they're back in stock? Thanks.

I am with Scott. I will "eventually" have a P25 Public Safety system in the next couple of years.
I would use it to listen to two other P25 systems but probably mainly Conventional P25
I am very interested in this. I also like to support small businesses. Especially with something like this when the owner is open to suggestions and provides updates. I will probably buy one from the next batch.

Thank you for your hard work
JSTARS03

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
Keep those videos coming as you can; I think they are a great selling point for a very exciting project and product.
Here is another one demonstrating sensitivity performance with the mag mount antenna recommended in the user manual. It was connected to the P25RX with a high-quality step-attenuator in-between set to 40dB. The 40dB attenuation at the test location pushes it pretty close to the limits. You can see the control channel frequently down below -110dBm and the voice channels still working quite well around -108 dBm.

On another note... I did get some feedback from a second user that reports likely simulcast issues near a large city. I'm going to be looking into doing more testing on that here. One thing I did not test relative to the "bad simulcast" areas here was the supplied antenna. I don't know if that could have something to with it or not yet, but it isn't exactly a top-of-the-line antenna. I have some ideas for things that could be changed in firmware that may help. I will keep everyone watching this thread updated on this issue.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
5) BTConfig will not start in Windows

Since running for the first time in 10, a window will come up but you can hit More Info then Run anyway.

mancow

Database Admin
Quick "out of box" experience report. And I mean quick.

Less than 5 minutes and mine is up and running. 5 minutes. It works. It decodes my system perfectly. Actually quite surprised, it sees my CC around -90dbm which is what my Kenwood VP6430 and APX6000 sees here. Using the supplied whip fully RETRACTED.

Thank to this device, I discovered that my system is running off it's alternate control channel. I checked my email log and just now the NOC indicates a power fail at my prime site. So...I have work to do. The P25RX "told me" before MSI's NOC did. I'll have time later to give a full report, just gonna let it run while I'm gone.

The audio on my Phase 1 talkgroups is as good as s subscriber. Listening to it on a Bose Wave Soundtouch in my shack. Pairing was easy and idiot proof. I'll check back later as I need to login to my zone watch/NM client to see WTF is going on with the system.

Dang man, you just aren't going to let me save some money here are you?

To the seller/original poster, is the discount sale still on?

Status
Not open for further replies.