P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Might have missed this post but I searched and couldn't find anything. Is there any ability to hold on or cycle through stored talk groups when connected to a car stereo?

boy7777777777

Is anyone having issues writing Talkgroup to the p25rx? Example....manually entering the talkgroups into the software on the computer then hitting write talkgroups. Then hit make backup. Next time the p25rx is plugged into the computer the newly entered talkgroups are missing. I’m using windows 10 and firmware version 2020-06-29 19:02.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Are you giving time for the receiver to write and come back up? I have noticed this delay too but haven't minded it at this time. What it grabs, I just rename and write back.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I am just thrilled with the fact that SOMEONE is developing NEW hardware and software that isn't the "same old" tired design with a new front grille.
I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I bought one out of funds in my own pocket. I'm willing to give it a chance. We need to support local home grown businesses and developers who are putting effort in doing something forward thinking for their fellow radio enthusiasts. They have to eat and pay bills too. I'd much rather that profit go to feed someones' family or put their kid thru college than "Lumberg's stock go up a quarter of a point..."

Ditto. I administer a single-site (non-simulcast) system, but we've still got a need for receive-only applications without tying up a $1000+ radio which could be put to good use elsewhere. I may have to give this a try myself.

Question for BTT: Is there a possibility in the future of a simple front end iPhone or iPad app (even HTML5 based) which will allow one to view what's being received and do simple stuff like scan, hold, etc?

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
There is a new software / firmware update available. Much of the receiver firmware has been re-worked for improved performance (especially in the worst simulcast areas). Initial reports are that there may still be room for improvement when operating mobile, but that fixed location operation is very solid now. The mobile issue may have already been resolved, but more testing is needed. A new constellation view has been added to aid in diagnosing issues. The next release will likely contain some more diagnostic views underneath the constellation. I'm looking forward to feedback on this release.

The firmware update is in version 2020-07-12_1240 available on the website. BlueTail Technlogies

btt

Banned
Banned
Is anyone having issues writing Talkgroup to the p25rx? Example....manually entering the talkgroups into the software on the computer then hitting write talkgroups. Then hit make backup. Next time the p25rx is plugged into the computer the newly entered talkgroups are missing. I’m using windows 10 and firmware version 2020-06-29 19:02.
Let me know if you continue to have issues with this in the new release.

Any word on when more units will be available for purchase?

Assembly will likely resume tomorrow. It shouldn't be too much longer before more units are available.

btt

Banned
Banned
Might have missed this post but I searched and couldn't find anything. Is there any ability to hold on or cycle through stored talk groups when connected to a car stereo?
Not through the Bluetooth interface. There is a hold-talk group button with a flashing led indicator to let you know when you are following a talk-group.

Question for BTT: Is there a possibility in the future of a simple front end iPhone or iPad app (even HTML5 based) which will allow one to view what's being received and do simple stuff like scan, hold, etc?
In theory, this could work with Bluetooth. The device does currently display the RSSI / Talkgroup over Bluetooth AVRC, but the only panel displays known to work right now are a 2016 and 2017 Honda vehicles (most likely newer Hondas). It may work with other panel-display devices, but none tested (not many have been tested). The audio over Bluetooth works with every device tested so far.
[edit] I will also point out that the configuration software is open-sourced. This may help to inspire others to write phone/tablet based software in the future.

Mike_G_D

There is a new software / firmware update available. Much of the receiver firmware has been re-worked for improved performance (especially in the worst simulcast areas). Initial reports are that there may still be room for improvement when operating mobile, but that fixed location operation is very solid now. The mobile issue may have already been resolved, but more testing is needed. A new constellation view has been added to aid in diagnosing issues. The next release will likely contain some more diagnostic views underneath the constellation. I'm looking forward to feedback on this release.

The firmware update is in version 2020-07-12_1240 available on the website. BlueTail Technlogies
This is great! I understand constellation diagrams with regard to complex modulation schemes (used to use Vector Signal Analyzers quite a bit back in the day) so this is a nice diagnostic and analysis tool to have.

-Mike

btt

Banned
Banned
There is another firmware update (version 2020-07-19_1048) available on the website.

- Improved fixed-location and mobile performance in simulcast environments and low signal levels.
- Improved AGC
- Support for monitoring 0x90-manf patched talk groups
- Improved audio quality
- Bluetooth improvements

bluetailtechnologies.com

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
If you follow the website for the product you will see exactly what the status is.
You mean this one that says there's no products? So what did he stop producing them? Sell the design? Did Uniden come shut him down and that's why there's no products? Then why are you chiming in? Tell me all about it. At least I had some concern. Maybe he needed somebody to express some interest in his invention because there's been zero activity on this post for weeks thinking it was a waste of time and resources?

btt

Banned
Banned
I was just going to wait until Monday before posting here, but since you asked... I will have more available on Monday 8/3. I will extend the promotional pricing for 2 days. There will be an e-mail sent to users who signed up for notifications when they are ready to ship.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I was just going to wait until Monday before posting here, but since you asked... I will have more available on Monday 8/3. I will extend the promotional pricing for 2 days. There will be an e-mail sent to users who signed up for notifications when they are ready to ship.

Just grabbed mine, with the 850 MHz antenna option. Thanks and looking forward to all of the possibilities it offers. I'll be glad to be a DMR crash test dummy for you also when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.