P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglou0

@kruser,
Snip....

Only 2 units sold since 8/3. So, DMR and Phase II TDMA support were not the issues holding back sales.

I share in your frustration.
Based on the initial excitement on here, I would have thought that this would have been a popular product.

In the time I've had the P25RX, it's easily exceeded my expectations. I've mentioned your product to several friends but mentioning doesn't always equal sales.

I don't know if you have done the rounds yet but I'd blast every place that will let you post an ad/thread.
The different forums on here, the various radio related Reddit's, QRZ if you're a Ham, etc.

What about contacting one of the writers for the Spectrum Monitor? A couple of them are on here. Not a giant magazine by any means but it has decent numbers from what I've heard and I enjoy reading it every month. Maybe an ad?

I can't believe that there hasn't been a larger response from the people on here that stream their local comms. The P25RX seems like it would be perfect for this application. Much more reliable than a SDR-RTL and much cheaper than using a newer scanner like a TRX or SDS.

Your product deserves to succeed. The support you have provided is far above anything I would have seen from Uniden or Whistler. I feel pretty good in saying that everyone in this thread is pulling for you.

I don't know how I can help but if you think of something, let me know. I am still down for at least another unit, just holding out to the end of the week to see what's left in the "kitty" after all of the monthly bills have been taken care of.

btt

Banned
Banned
I took some time off yesterday. I came back to find these messages of support and a couple of new orders. Thank you for the support guys!

New version available: 31_1006 This is the same as the previous version, but the frequency error correction integrates over a much longer period before applying the correction. Working good in two locations at least.

Mike_G_D

I wholeheartedly agree! If I were rich enough I would dump a bunch of money right on top of you, btt, toward the P25RX cause with ONE stipulation - I'd ask to join you in the lab in some useful function as RF is definitely in my blood:)!

Believe me - I fight every day the urge to buy another unit (sorry, in the real world I am pretty much the opposite of the usual definition of "rich", hence the "urge fighting" thingy)!

For what it's worth - I have been trying to talk two members on here into buying the P25RX. One of those, I think, if he could really see the value could very possibly lead to a large number of subsequent orders.

It's kind of a unique device - not an SDR in the usual sense as most hobbyists understand the term (though it is really an SDR) and not the traditional scanner that is well established. Most hobbyists kind of have tunnel vision when it comes to scanner radios - Uniden or Whistler/GRE.

It's been an uphill battle for Unication, really a "pager" company, to be taken seriously as a suitable scanner replacement but some members found out how well it performed compared to the traditional offerings and helped spread the word. But they, at least, had another market they were making a profit from and, I think they were actually a little surprised at the interest their product generated in the scanner hobbyist crowd. Now they have acknowledged the interest and are actively working on special firmware to cater to the scanner hobbyists.

But I know, believe me, words alone don't pay the bills...I rally wish I could help more!

-Mike

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I do really like the P25RX. This past week I got really busy but now I have had some free time.
I have been playing around with it testing it on every system I can receive from here.
Seminole County is over 45 miles away from me and it has no problems with it at about 99% full copy.
1598984044359.png

I have been listening to Florida Power and Light System which is Phase 2 TDMA
and it works great. Not a very active system but the only one around with P2 TDMA talk groups

I hope you sell more. I am thinking about saving up for another one!
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the project.
You make a superior product that deserves to be noticed.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
@btt It's probably not helping sales that the link in your first post goes to your Tindie store, which says "This store does not currently have any products available." Not going to get much exposure for the device if people are clicking on just that link without reading through 19 pages of posts.

I would suggest that you go back to your first post, click on the Report link, and request that a moderator kindly update that link.

btt

Banned
Banned
@btt It's probably not helping sales that the link in your first post goes to your Tindie store, which says "This store does not currently have any products available." Not going to get much exposure for the device if people are clicking on just that link without reading through 19 pages of posts.

I would suggest that you go back to your first post, click on the Report link, and request that a moderator kindly update that link.

Thank you. I will do that right now.

------------
I figured out a way to get rid of the occasional wild swings of the AGC when returning to the control channel from a voice channel without affecting the ability to lock onto the voice in low-signal conditions. new version available : 0901_1209

btt

Banned
Banned
I've been told by two people that the latest changes to the frequency error correction are causing issues. There is a new version available with the frequency error correction as it was when it was working well. The other changes remain. version: 0901_1826

btt

Banned
Banned
I should have mentioned in the previous post that the new 'ferr_en' command is still in the latest version (0901_1826) and when in conventional mode, the frequency error correction is still disabled in this version. When the frequency error correction is disabled, the frequency accuracy is dependent on the "reference frequency" parameter on the P25RX Configuration page being correct. The changes made in 0901_1826 were to get rid of the slower / high-integration time for the frequency error correction algorithm. It has been reported to work better with the higher-rate updates.

kinglou0

Had a chance today as well as yesterday to do some mobile testing.
Not the best setup in terms of testing since I used the included telescoping antenna with the P25RX on my dashboard.

I still had very good results. At freeway speeds (70+ MPH), I had mostly solid copy on the 2 TG's I was monitoring. I suspect that my issues were entirely antenna based. I need to get a proper mobile 7/800 MHz antenna.

Reception nearly matched my Unication G5 as I drove closer to my house and down the road towards Mt. Rainier. The P25RX dropped out in the same areas that the G5 did but it took a minute or two for it come back online versus the G5. Antenna again....I'm sure.

Did a quick sales pitch to some buddies today. Had my P25RX hooked up to a cheapo 10000 mAh power bank and a $10 Bluetooth speaker. Was showing off how easy it was to use. Set it up with what you want to listen to and that's it. Apply power and you're ready to go. No dinking around with a RPi, tying up an expensive scanner or relying on the internet to listen to someone else's stream.

This might be just the thing for older adults who want to listen to public safety but can't figure out a scanner.

btt

Banned
Banned
Just pulled the trigger. Eagerly awaiting delivery. Thanks to the developer! Best wishes for your success, look forward to loving this device and selling my ham/scanner buddies on getting one.
Thank you! It is on the way.

btt

Banned
Banned
I also ordered one and it is due next Tuesday. Looking forward to trying it out.
I thank you! It was on the way as of yesterday via UPS ground!

For everyone that ordered a receiver within the past few days, please keep checking on the web site and here in this thread for the latest software/firmware. I think we are getting really close to a new "stable release". In this case, all stable really means is that it will be the version on the top of the page and it will not change for a while because it has been determined that it works in almost every case for the features that it supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.