P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_G_D

Mike,
I'm not sure what recent change would cause that. You mean that the talk group timeout doesn't hold on a talk group for the timeout period correct?

I went ahead and made the new stable version the same as testing (2020-10-15_0546).
The same problem I used to have awhile back with incorrect talk group traffic coming through after a transmission ends on a voice channel rather than the TG leaving the voice channel and tracking the actual desired TG. Like the end code detect not being handled correctly.

Getting a lot of EMS traffic coming through now on non-EMS TG's after a transmission ends, for example; could be listening to police conversation and then interrupted by EMS traffic reading patient vitals, etc.

After you had solved that problem some time ago I only had very occasional issues but now seems severe and frequent again.

Trying the latest version (2020-10-16 1338) and still getting the issue.

-Mike

freqseeker

I just installed 2020-10-16 1338 and it does receive the NAC faster now. I'm monitoring the Tacoma simulcast site of this sytem WA State Patrol.
This system has strange behavior, like slow NAC receive on startup, and initially low decode rates even though voice decode has always been very good. The adjustments @btt implemented have worked well.
Other systems have not had issues. I am going to focus on others more now. My home system is still Type 2 analog so much of the P25 Phase 2 stuff is the next county over.
This is a very impressive radio. Thanks for the hours of work.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I am very pleased with the results I have received after getting the P25rx today. I attached the telescoping antenna and I was not able to achieve a satisfactory signal so I switched out the antenna to the 850mhz helical antenna and placed it on a metal cooking sheet. The results were amazing! I have a solid green signal led. I live in the Nixa/Springfield Missouri area. I will move it to a mobile environment as soon as I get the appropriate mount and antenna and test it there. It's a P25 truck system, no simulcast. I am using the 2020-10-02 1106 version.....

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
After you had solved that problem some time ago I only had very occasional issues but now seems severe and frequent again.

Trying the latest version (2020-10-16 1338) and still getting the issue.

Still working on this...

kinglou0

I just installed 2020-10-16 1338 and it does receive the NAC faster now. I'm monitoring the Tacoma simulcast site of this sytem WA State Patrol.
This system has strange behavior, like slow NAC receive on startup, and initially low decode rates even though voice decode has always been very good.

I briefly tested my P25RX with this system, got confirmation that it worked and moved on to using the P25RX on other systems. You’re right with the WSP system being a bit strange. I’ll chalk it up to the system is still not 100% complete and/or our state’s incompetence.

The P25RX has been coming in handy with monitoring the new WSDOT system coming on line.

btt

Banned
Banned
Regarding the WSP system being a bit strange, I'm sure it because of all the changes I've been making to the firmware trying to get the VHF / PDU systems working better. There is a new testing version available that may be an improvement. I'm still working on the issue that Mike brought up.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I hope this is not a stupid question! Can I run the P25rx while mobile without a pc connected?

btt

Banned
Banned
I hope this is not a stupid question! Can I run the P25rx while mobile without a pc connected?

This is not a stupid question and thank you for supporting this project!

Yes, you can use the P25RX mobile without a PC connected. In that case, audio is available via the line-out or Bluetooth.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
This is not a stupid question and thank you for supporting this project!

Yes, you can use the P25RX mobile without a PC connected. In that case, audio is available via the line-out or Bluetooth.
Well, I could tell by the forum responses it was going to be well supported! I hope you are increasing your sales!!!! I am telling my friends about it and anyone else when the circumstances present themselves......👍👍

btt

Banned
Banned
There is a new testing version available. 2020-10-17_1548

This version checks for the link-control op = 36 to determine if the call has ended when listening to trunked P25 phase 1 traffic.

You might see something similar to this in the console:

lco==36, returning to control channel
>== TDULC - Return To Control Channel Frequency

Hopefully this will fix the issue that Mike brought up earlier. Please let me know if this causes undesired operation.

CPJC

Do I need to compile the testing versions, or is there an already compiled EXE testing version. If so, where is the repo the testing releases?

btt

Banned
Banned
I just saw that the P25RX displays when a Talkgroup is patched. It shows a (P). My 436hp doesn’t even show that.
Adding Patched talkgroup support and the (P) in the logs was suggested by a fellow RR user in Ohio. ( I don't know his RR user name).

Do I need to compile the testing versions, or is there an already compiled EXE testing version. If so, where is the repo the testing releases?
The testing version links have rarely been permanent, although the link usually lasts longer than it is displayed. You can find the latest "testing" version here: BlueTail Technlogies (scroll down to the "User Manual And Configuration Software" section).

Most of the versions deemed "stable" have been archived in the "All Previous Releases" section.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
You can add another bluetooth speaker to your tested category that works. The BRAVEN, Model 600

John

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Question regarding firmware updates or downgrades..

I know this was discussed a while back but I don't recall if there was a full answer!

When I upgrade or downgrade the installed FW version via a new or older BTCONFIG version, it it normal to need to pull the USB cable three times per up or downgrade?

The three times does not count the initial power up plugging of the USB cable, only the three times needed to fully complete an up or downgrade.
This number of power cycles for my P25RX is consistent with each FW change. It's always three power cycles after the initial power up that are needed.

Is this normal?
I do wait to see if BTCONFIG will see the P25RX each time it does what appears to be a reset during the FW change process but after waiting over 5 minutes one time while getting a phone call, the P25RX was never seen by BTCONFIG again until a power cycle. For that particular FW upgrade, I decided to wait about 5 minutes at each step where I normally need to power cycle the unit so it will continue with the FW change. The 5 minute wait did not allow the P25RX to ever be seen by BTCONFIG again until after the power cycle to it would continue.

It's not a big deal doing the power cycles each time a new BTCONFIG used! It's more a curiosity thing for my satisfaction only!

I've never had anything fail hard needing the reset button be held in during power up so it's obviously not harming anything by needing to cycle the power so many times.
BTCONFIG shows the process as soon as I power the P25RX back up after an upgrade hang and it always resumes from the last stage it was at when BTCONFIG would no longer see the P25RX.

On another note, with the latest BTCONFIG versions after say 10-14-1317, I've been seeing several instances of false talkgroup detection on my regular 800 MHz system I monitor.
Last night I went back to 10-14-1317 from 10-18-1520 because of the false TGs being logged. 10-14-1317 works well and so far, no false TGs have been logged. Of course I did edit and remove all the false entries so they would be added again if they are detected but all is good.

I'm not sure if others are seeing this but I figured I'd report it here before I forget about it.

Thanks for all the great work on making the P25RX better and better Todd!

I truly enjoy using mine, especially since the improvements to the VHF band.

btt

Banned
Banned
When I upgrade or downgrade the installed FW version via a new or older BTCONFIG version, it it normal to need to pull the USB cable three times per up or downgrade?

The three times does not count the initial power up plugging of the USB cable, only the three times needed to fully complete an up or downgrade.
This number of power cycles for my P25RX is consistent with each FW change. It's always three power cycles after the initial power up that are needed.

Is this normal?

For current versions, this is normal. The number of times the unit resets during a firmware upgrade has increased in recent versions. This is happening because the 'save' command now causes a reset. This was necessary after NXDN voice support was added. This is something that is kind of annoying to me as well. I will see if I can get that improved in the next release.

On another note, with the latest BTCONFIG versions after say 10-14-1317, I've been seeing several instances of false talkgroup detection on my regular 800 MHz system I monitor.
Last night I went back to 10-14-1317 from 10-18-1520 because of the false TGs being logged. 10-14-1317 works well and so far, no false TGs have been logged. Of course I did edit and remove all the false entries so they would be added again if they are detected but all is good.

I have not had this issue, but please let me know if this continues. This should NEVER happen. Processing of incoming TSBK/PDU messages have *always* required that the crc check passes before processing them. TSBK is CRC16 and PDU is CRC32.

[edit] - What *might* have happened is that I may have accidentally bypassed the crc check in one of the recent "testing" versions a couple of days ago. Maybe you downloaded it before I could catch the error? (this seems possible) The latest version should be fine (the new end-of-call detection is really working well for smooth transition from voice back to control channel). If not, please let me know.

I truly enjoy using mine, especially since the improvements to the VHF band.
Thank you for the feedback!

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned

I have not had this issue, but please let me know if this continues. This should NEVER happen. Processing of incoming TSBK/PDU messages have *always* required that the crc check passes before processing them. TSBK is CRC16 and PDU is CRC32.

[edit] - What *might* have happened is that I may have accidentally bypassed the crc check in one of the recent "testing" versions a couple of days ago. Maybe you downloaded it before I could catch the error? (this seems possible) The latest version should be fine (the new end-of-call detection is really working well for smooth transition from voice back to control channel). If not, please let me know.

I've been looking at the diffs for the past few days. I did mess up the crc32 check for PDU processing somewhere on 2020-10-11 or 2020-10-12. I believe it was back to being ok (fixed) in version 2020-10-12_2016. If you are using versions from 10/11 or 10/12, please upgrade to the latest and let me know if you see any more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.