P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

btt

Banned
Banned
That indicates that the software is not seeing the P25RX device. This could be due to a bad USB cable / connection or related. Do you have any other software running that utilizes "serial ports / com ports" ?

turnpike61

Ham and Electronics hobbyist since 1977.
Premium Subscriber
BTT: What is the data format of the TGP files created when we back up Talkgroups, and are they directly editable?

Edit: also, when you go to save a set of Talkgroups, the dialog box name is "Open", which is a bit confusing. I can see by the result that I am saving the TGs to a new filename, but it would be better named "Save as" instead of "Open".

Thanks.

btt

Banned
Banned
BTT: What is the data format of the TGP files created when we back up Talkgroups, and are they directly editable?

Edit: also, when you go to save a set of Talkgroups, the dialog box name is "Open", which is a bit confusing. I can see by the result that I am saving the TGs to a new filename, but it would be better named "Save as" instead of "Open".

Thanks.

The file format is really simple:

const char [] = {"TALK"}; //first 32-bits
int number_of_records; //next 32-bits

//TG records * nrecords
typedef struct {
uint32_t enabled;
uint32_t sys_id;
uint32_t priority;
uint32_t talkgroup;
char desc[32];
char location[32];
} tgrecord;

I still have it on my to-do list to get a text format export / import working. It will get done eventually. Thank you for pointing out the Open vs Save. I'll get that changed too.

[edit]
Incorrectly posted the format for TG records in flash. Updated to reflect file format for BTConfig.

Last edited:

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Using win7 or xp by chance? I had driver issues on my older computers. Had to write a driver to get it working. Win10 worked just fine.

Mike_G_D

btt,
whatnI start the BTconfig, I get "Status: discovering device. Please wait" tha P25RX never connects. What does this mean? The only way to connect is I have to unplug the usb cable.
I've seen and experienced this a number of times but, as I have a number of things that use the USB ports that I am frequently disconnecting and reconnecting and a lot of experience with computer issues including USB-related ones I just automatically go into the "shut down software, disconnect device, restart software, reconnect device" two-step tango mode which usually solves the problem. This with a Windows 10 PC, btw.

-Mike

btt

Banned
Banned
Color display sounds nice. Adjustable backlighting? Would be nice to have in a mobile environment.
Thanks for the link. It appears that backlighting is not adjustable. The controller supports it, but the implementation is on/off only.

After a good calibration and some sample averaging, the touch position sensing is much more accurate than I thought it would be. Have from tiny to huge fonts ready to go, lines, circles, rectangles, XY plot. It all looks good. I think the next step for the display code will be implementing a button display / handler system.

I've been thinking about this today. I'll do my best to get a csv type export / import working this week. For now, I think I will implement the import to use the first line of the text file to define the column names and order. This way you should be able to take your existing csv files and stick a one line header in there before import. First, I need to assemble and test some more P25RX units.

edit - I also starting looking into RR integration, but I couldn't figure out how to import the wsdl with Java 1.8 utilities. I found a Java library by the SDR Trunk author that interfaces with RR, but looks like it required an update to Java 11 to get it working. I'm not sure I'm ready to update Netbeans to Java 11.

Last edited:

turnpike61

Premium Subscriber
Tried 10-26-0928 FW (with advanced Tab) and it's not working right for me. Initial roaming after a single transmission results in an audio thunk that continues at about a 1 cycle per second rate until another voice transmission, when it stops for the duration, but continues again once roaming starts. Very annoying, and it doesn't appear to be related to a requency in particular. Have reverted back to 10-22 FW.

FYI

Reactions: btt

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Tried 10-26-0928 FW (with advanced Tab) and it's not working right for me. Initial roaming after a single transmission results in an audio thunk that continues at about a 1 cycle per second rate until another voice transmission, when it stops for the duration, but continues again once roaming starts. Very annoying, and it doesn't appear to be related to a frequency in particular. Have reverted back to 10-22 FW.

Same issue here. :-(

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
Thank you all for testing/reporting on the audio issue with 10-26-0928! I reverted the only change I could see that might have caused that. Can you please try 2020-10-27_0643. The default options for the new "advanced tab" should result in the same functionality as in the new stable version.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Audio "thunk" seems to be gone with version 0643. Default options selected on the "advanced" tab. Thanks for the quick fix!

So, each time a new version of the BT Config software is used, it performs a firmware update to the device?

btt

Banned
Banned
So, each time a new version of the BT Config software is used, it performs a firmware update to the device?
The firmware is only updated if the firmware version changes. (almost always). There is also an internal configuration version. If the configuration version changes, then all configuration options (except for a few, like frequency) are reset to default values. This makes it very easy to upgrade or downgrade the software to any version.

-edit Thank you for testing the latest version and reporting!

turnpike61

Premium Subscriber
Late to the game (long work week), but also confirm the thunking is gone and this FW appears to work well. Still very much enjoying my P25RX. I find I spend more time with it than my SDS200.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
So I've been experimenting a bit and have (mostly) successfully been able to use my p25rx with it's software over wifi. I took a headless raspberry pi zero and installed the free version of VirtualHere server on it. Then with win10 I installed the client program and fired up the latest testing version of p25rx and it connected immediately. I say it's mostly successful as I'm getting some audio clipping, but I am getting audio and full function within the software. Perhaps the problem is the fact I'm using a Pi Zero, perhaps the problem is the free non optimized version of VirtualHere. Perhaps the problem is the setup as a whole. I'm working on it and hopefully I can find a way to make it work reliably. It's nice sitting on the other side of the house having full control of the radio that is hooked up to my outside antenna without having to have it connected to a computer. Just the p25rx and a pi with complete wireless control. @btt keep up the amazing work. This is my favorite receiver I've ever owned.

turnpike61

Premium Subscriber
Spoke too soon: First lockup overnight ever on the new FW, and I notice that if I do tests for CC's while audio is in progress, it will sometimes (not always) start thunking again. I think I'm going to revert again for now since this new version offers nothing I currently need.

btt

Banned
Banned
Thank you for feedback guys! I'm sorry I didn't get some more issues worked out by end of week. I should have another release ready soon.

@turnpike61, I'm sorry to hear about the lock-up. I have been running the latest version continually since the release. (since the 27th). I wonder if the lock up has something to do with running the "test for cc channel" operations. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.