P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

btt

Banned
Banned
Good Morning thanks for all you are doing and Yes that is good with me no need to change it. So do we still use the same priority command
Good morning,

I forgot to remove the pri_always command in version 2020-11-06_1342, but it no longer does anything. That command will be removed in the next version. Here is how the new talk group priority code works in version 2020-11-06_1342:

By default, the talk group priority for each individual talk group is 1. With a value of 0 or 1 (priority is disabled), the talk group hold function works normally (defined using the the talk group timeout).

If the talk group priority value is 2 or greater for a talk group, then the priority is enabled for that talk group. When there is an incoming voice grant, this priority value will be compared to the currently active talk group priority. If the talk group in the grant has a higher priority, then it will interrupt the current talk group hold period.

In the current version (2020-11-06_1342), the lowest "enabled" priority is a value of 2. A value of 3 would be higher priority, etc.

The question at this point: Do we want to change this so that the value of 2 would be the highest priority, with values of 3,4,5,etc being increasingly lower priority?

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
Good morning,

I forgot to remove the pri_always command in version 2020-11-06_1342, but it no longer does anything. That command will be removed in the next version. Here is how the new talk group priority code works in version 2020-11-06_1342:

By default, the talk group priority for each individual talk group is 1. With a value of 0 or 1 (priority is disabled), the talk group hold function works normally (defined using the the talk group timeout).

If the talk group priority value is 2 or greater for a talk group, then the priority is enabled for that talk group. When there is an incoming voice grant, this priority value will be compared to the currently active talk group priority. If the talk group in the grant has a higher priority, then it will interrupt the current talk group hold period.

In the current version (2020-11-06_1342), the lowest "enabled" priority is a value of 2. A value of 3 would be higher priority, etc.

The question at this point: Do we want to change this so that the value of 2 would be the highest priority, with values of 3,4,5,etc being increasingly lower priority?
[/QUOT
For me that works fine. No need to change anything that is working Thanks again for what you are doing

turnpike61

Ham and Electronics hobbyist since 1977.
Premium Subscriber
Is anyone hearing calls on TG's that are not enabled in the TG editor? I'm hoping it's something I did.

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone hearing calls on TG's that are not enabled in the TG editor? I'm hoping it's something I did.
I noticed that on older TG lists also, it was acting like allow unknown was enabled. I tried toggling it on and off and a power cycle... no help.

Rebuilding the talkgroup lists cured the problem... can't pinpoint the problem in TG lists, but it seemed to be the cause. I wanted to utilize the added TG space anyway.

btt

Banned
Banned
If you don't have "auto flash" enabled on the talk group editor tab, then the list being shown in the BTConfig software may not be what is actually stored in the receiver flash memory. The "Write Talk Groups" button will write the list shown in the BTConfig software to the flash memory of the receiver. The receiver uses the talk group records in flash memory to determine if talk groups are enabled/disabled/known.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I'm using _1342, and on DMR, previously logged talkgroups and now being shown as "(unknown tgroup)" even though I have them logged and an alias assigned in the talk group editor. And, it doesn't log them as a new talkgroup either.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the system ID on the DMR tab, but apparently not. Should DMR system ID's be specified in decimal or hex on the DMR tab?

btt

Banned
Banned
I'm using _1342, and on DMR, previously logged talkgroups and now being shown as "(unknown tgroup)" even though I have them logged and an alias assigned in the talk group editor. And, it doesn't log them as a new talkgroup either.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the system ID on the DMR tab, but apparently not. Should DMR system ID's be specified in decimal or hex on the DMR tab?
W4KRR,
Thank you for catching that! I forgot to test DMR with the all the recent changes to talk groups. (adding the WACN has caused some issues). There is a new testing version available that masks off the WACN bits when doing the talk group lookup. Hopefully this will fix the DMR issue. I can't test it today because there is almost zero local DMR activity on Sunday.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
_1210 has apparently not fixed the problem. It's still showing "(unknown tgroup)" where the alias should be. I even manually changed all the WACN values to "0" for DMR talkgroups.

btt

Banned
Banned
Should DMR system ID's be specified in decimal or hex on the DMR tab?
I forgot to respond to your question. On the DMR tab, the sys id should be entered in decimal. I should change that to hex now that the sys_id is only displayed in hex for the talk groups. I'll make it clear when that changes. This is probably the remaining issue. Also, in my previous post, I mentioned that the WACN bits are masked off during the talk group lookup. This is only done if the receiver is *not* currently in P25 mode.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
This particular DMR system has a system ID of 115 decimal; 73 hex (0x73). I have tried both, and I still get "(unknown tgroup)" in place of the alias.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
The max field length of the "Alpha Tag" and "Description" fields is 32 characters each as stored in flash memory. The format and length of the talk group records has not changed at all in the new version. The only difference is the new max number of records and the WACN being added (using bits that were allocated, but unused). In other words, nothing changed with regards to the length of anything. Can you send me a copy of your talk group csv and or tgp files?
I figured out what the problem was. My error....I placed a comma in the alpha description.

Thanks

Reactions: btt

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings
I'm using FW 1342 and none of the TG listed in hte "talk group log" are written to the P25RX. I click the "read talk goups", nothing, I click the "write talk groups" button and nothing. Nothing is ever listed in the "talk group editor", is their any magic I"m not doing to edit the TG or keep a list that is monitored?

btt

Banned
Banned
Greetings
I'm using FW 1342 and none of the TG listed in hte "talk group log" are written to the P25RX. I click the "read talk goups", nothing, I click the "write talk groups" button and nothing. Nothing is ever listed in the "talk group editor", is their any magic I"m not doing to edit the TG or keep a list that is monitored?
Are you receiving a P25 control channel? Do you hear decoded voice? The BTConfig software will automatically populate the talk group editor table as new talk groups are received. If you aren't seeing talk groups, you probably are not receiving a control channel. The table is only written to the P25RX flash memory if you have the "auto flash" option enabled or when you manually press the "write talk groups" button.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hello, using the latest test version on a CON+ DMR system with a signal of -92dBm. Watching it alongside DSD+ the P25RX is missing a lot of traffic. I can try to find a pattern with this if need be. Additionally, the console shows that it is losing the control channel, as I am seeing a message that it is searching for it. I first noticed this when I saw the signal meter drop. It does re-acquire it after several seconds. Audio as always sounds "beyond superb". I have been out of the loop for a week or so doing some home renovations so haven't played with the P25RX until today.

btt

Banned
Banned
@KC1UA,
Thanks for checking out DMR on the latest! I just tested here while monitoring with a spectrum analyzer. The only time I see messages about the control channel dropping is when the control channel actually dropped. It then acquires another control channel correctly. I also checked sensitivity by attenuating the incoming signal. Everything looks good here so far.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
It appears to be happening when it's trying to send signals to LCN2, perhaps either slot. This may account for the missed traffic also as I'm hearing no voice when this occurs, yet seeing it with DSD+. Log attached.

Attachments

• log.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 8

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Are you receiving a P25 control channel? Do you hear decoded voice? The BTConfig software will automatically populate the talk group editor table as new talk groups are received. If you aren't seeing talk groups, you probably are not receiving a control channel. The table is only written to the P25RX flash memory if you have the "auto flash" option enabled or when you manually press the "write talk groups" button.
Todd,
i'm monitoring a Co+ system. i see the TG in the "talk group log", but I never see the TG in hte "talk group editor" so i can edit them. If i manualy enter the TG in the "talk group editor" then click "write talk groups" they are not saved. In FW 1333 the TG were saved.

btt

Banned
Banned
i'm monitoring a Co+ system. i see the TG in the "talk group log", but I never see the TG in hte "talk group editor" so i can edit them.
There is a new testing version available 11-11_1036. Please give this a try. This version forces DMR sys id to be >=1. I think this might fix the issue with the talk groups not being populated in the table.

When you manually enter new talk groups, be sure to enter something for every field. I'll look into relaxing this requirement in a future release.

Status
Not open for further replies.