P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Tried 2020-11-13 0035. Still getting the "unknown talkgroup" issue on DMR.

HOWEVER, I then downloaded _0035 on a different PC, and moved the P25RX to that PC, and it worked perfectly; no "unknown talkgroup" messages (except for the new talkgroups that I hadn't tagged yet). New talkgroup aliases appeared on the second PC; apparently the software reads from the device first? Yet when I moved the P25RX back to the original PC, I'm back to the "unknown talkgroup" issue.

I have no idea why I would be having these issues on one PC but not another one.

EDIT: The first three talkgroups showed as "unknown", but after running for a few minutes, the aliases are starting to show. I have no clue.
Am I the only one having this issue on DMR? Because if so, it would seem like a PC or operator issue.

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
That gives some good hints that I can look into. Thanks.

-edit I don't see anything in the code yet.

When you say you see Unknown Talk groups, I'm starting to realize that you don't mean in the talk group editor table. Is that correct? Is this being shown in the status label at the bottom of the software next to the signal strength meter?

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
When you say you see Unknown Talk groups, I'm starting to realize that you don't mean in the talk group editor table. Is that correct? Is this being shown in the status label at the bottom of the software next to the signal strength meter?

Yes. The "(unknown tgroup)" appears under the Talk Group Log tab, and also in the black area at the bottom of the screen, to the left of the "RF Sig Level". And, I just tried 2020-11-13 1052, and the issue remains.

EDIT: As I am typing this, the talk group aliases are now appearing as they should. The first several in the Talk Group Log tab still say "(Unknown tgroup)", but subsequent entries show the alias.

btt

Banned
Banned
@W4KRR,
Thanks for the clarification on that. I will look into this further.

I was able to fix the issue that @Mike_G_D was describing with P25 and "unknown talk groups". This was only happening with the roaming mode enabled. It has been fixed and confirmed to be working correctly with version 11-13_1052.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if I missed this trying to read through 40 pages of posts, but do you have plans to support 490-520 MHz? There are several P25 systems in my area that utilize that band.

btt

Banned
Banned
Sorry if I missed this trying to read through 40 pages of posts, but do you have plans to support 490-520 MHz? There are several P25 systems in my area that utilize that band.

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, the P25RX design does not operate in that frequency range.

--------------------

Note: There is a new version available 2020-11-13_1817. If you installed 11-13_1052, please update to the latest.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
Hello just curious is there a command I can enter that will show my priority channels on the console
I have them in the talk group editor list if it isn’t no need to add same you have been hard at it working this other stuff out

btt

Banned
Banned
Hello just curious is there a command I can enter that will show my priority channels on the console
I have them in the talk group editor list if it isn’t no need to add same you have been hard at it working this other stuff out
Not yet, but I've added that to the list. There is a new testing version available that adds a talk group priority tag to the talk group log when the current talk group hold time is overridden by a talk group with a higher priority.

phillydjdan

Can't wait for you to get more in stock so I can order one. I live in Philadelphia, which is LSM hell, so I am very anxious to see what this can in my area!

btt

Banned
Banned
Can't wait for you to get more in stock so I can order one. I live in Philadelphia, which is LSM hell, so I am very anxious to see what this can in my area!
I'm looking forward to seeing how it does for you too. Interest picked up yesterday, so I've been busy with final testing and shipping today. Thank you to everyone who is supporting this! I will have more units available soon.

kinglou0

I'm looking forward to seeing how it does for you too. Interest picked up yesterday, so I've been busy with final testing and shipping today. Thank you to everyone who is supporting this! I will have more units available soon.

I'm pleased you stuck it out.

Those first couple of weeks/months of launching a new product and/or business are always tough. I hope that the P25RX only continues to grow. I feel you're on the cusp of having this product explode in popularity. The demand here on RR is high.

Any thoughts on getting someone from the Spectrum Monitor or any of the other radio related magazines, blogs, or websites to take your product out for a spin?

btt

Banned
Banned
I'm pleased you stuck it out.

Those first couple of weeks/months of launching a new product and/or business are always tough. I hope that the P25RX only continues to grow. I feel you're on the cusp of having this product explode in popularity. The demand here on RR is high.

Any thoughts on getting someone from the Spectrum Monitor or any of the other radio related magazines, blogs, or websites to take your product out for a spin?

Thank you!

I have been in contact with someone from the Spectrum Monitor. I kind of got side-tracked, but I will be providing them a with unit in the near future.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
So after sitting here and running all my scanners, sdr's, and my btt side by side I decided to reallocate a couple sdr's and grab another btt after they are back in stock. But my question is, has anyone run multiple instances of the software at once? If so, how did it all work out? I pipe my audio through the paid version of VB-Cable (so I have multiple cables) in to multiple instances of Zello (gateway) for streaming mobile. I was hoping to run 2 btt's, each piped to their own audio output and then run a singular sdr with Unitrunker just for logging and such. I would prefer just to run the btt audio through usb with the computer for simplicity sake, but other than 'Enable PC Audio Output (PC Speakers)' I don't see any options that would make running two units easy on the same computer. And that is pending that two version of software will cooperate simultaneously. I don't mind running them via the line out jack to keep them on the same machine, but usb power and audio is definitely preferable as it would save on cables and usb sound cards.

btt

Banned
Banned
So after sitting here and running all my scanners, sdr's, and my btt side by side I decided to reallocate a couple sdr's and grab another btt after they are back in stock. But my question is, has anyone run multiple instances of the software at once? If so, how did it all work out? I pipe my audio through the paid version of VB-Cable (so I have multiple cables) in to multiple instances of Zello (gateway) for streaming mobile. I was hoping to run 2 btt's, each piped to their own audio output and then run a singular sdr with Unitrunker just for logging and such. I would prefer just to run the btt audio through usb with the computer for simplicity sake, but other than 'Enable PC Audio Output (PC Speakers)' I don't see any options that would make running two units easy on the same computer. And that is pending that two version of software will cooperate simultaneously. I don't mind running them via the line out jack to keep them on the same machine, but usb power and audio is definitely preferable as it would save on cables and usb sound cards.

I tried this out. The current version of BTConfig always looks for the first device found, so this doesn't work as is.

A quick, hard-coded change to open the second device (for testing) is working fine (testing on Linux now). The incoming audio-over-usb feeding each BTConfig instance is sent to the OS default sound mixer. Both audio streams can be adjusted individually via the system mixer. I'm not sure if this will work for your application with Zello? If it needs to send to separate system mixers, that will require some more work.

For this to work, there will need to be some changes to the software to scan for multiple devices on startup and provide a mechanism for selecting the correct device.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I tried this out. The current version of BTConfig always looks for the first device found, so this doesn't work as is.

A quick, hard-coded change to open the second device (for testing) is working fine (testing on Linux now). The incoming audio-over-usb feeding each BTConfig instance is sent to the OS default sound mixer. Both audio streams can be adjusted individually via the system mixer. I'm not sure if this will work for your application with Zello? If it needs to send to separate system mixers, that will require some more work.

For this to work, there will need to be some changes to the software to scan for multiple devices on startup and provide a mechanism for selecting the correct device.

Thanks for trying that out. No need to make any special changes just for me, but I could definitely see in the future as these gain popularity where people will want to run multiple units. Some guys here have dozens of scanners running at once. It would definitely need to have an option to output the audio on a per btt basis to suit my needs. But luckily I have a pile of usb sound cards laying around so I can make that work. Just thought I would toss the Idea out there as I'm sure someone else would likely be in the same boat as me. If it's something you decided to add in the future it would be awesome, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker for me.

btt

Banned
Banned
Thanks for trying that out. No need to make any special changes just for me, but I could definitely see in the future as these gain popularity where people will want to run multiple units. Some guys here have dozens of scanners running at once. It would definitely need to have an option to output the audio on a per btt basis to suit my needs. But luckily I have a pile of usb sound cards laying around so I can make that work. Just thought I would toss the Idea out there as I'm sure someone else would likely be in the same boat as me. If it's something you decided to add in the future it would be awesome, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker for me.

I should have stated it in my previous post, but I will definitely be adding support for this to the BTConfig software. I have an extra USB sound card, so should be able to test multiple physical-audio-device support here. It appears the changes required are: 1) selecting from multiple P25RX devices, 2) selecting from multiple PC audio output devices, 3) selection of the audio/metadata output folder for generated files.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I'm really looking forward to using it. Thanks for working on that. Any idea on when you'll have new units back in stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.