P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

epersson

Feed Provider
Send an e-mail. Info here: Contact Us. Request to be notified when more units are available. I may come up with a better way to do this in the future, but this is working ok for now.
One word of advice. When you get the email move QUICK. It’s like getting concert tickets. 😁 I was going to wait until today but luckily changed my mind.

btt

Banned
Banned
One word of advice. When you get the email move QUICK. It’s like getting concert tickets. 😁 I was going to wait until today but luckily changed my mind.
Yes! I acted as soon as I got the email. Did the purchase while driving (shhh don't tell anyone 😉). Had I waited till I was home I would have missed it.
They did go fast! I'll try to have more available next time.

Todd,
Just an update I have been running the latest and greatest firmware without any issues at all for a few days now. The P25RX is running like a champ!
Excellent news!

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Its on a P25 talkgroup and it is two tone paging.. I'll see if I can find any technical information on it..www.unicationusa.com has the tone frequencies used for the paging sequences..

phillydjdan

Two tone is basically fire pager tones. One audible tone followed by a second audible tone. Different audible frequencies for each tone set. Usually transmitted over an analog conventional channel but increasing in the P25 market lately. There is a PC program already out there called TwoToneDetect, which works very well. Maybe you can look into that further and see about incorporating some of it's features into the P25RX...

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
TTD is great for ANALOG Conventional paging.. It wont work for P25 as the tones are not set in stone, but a range for each tone..This is due to the modulation scheme of P25

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Look at the G2-G5 download area for this document. Its at the end of list. "Configuring the G4/5 For QCII over P25 Operation"
It shows how its done and the frequency ranges

Reactions: btt

FP761

Premium Subscriber
That would be an awesome 👏 additional feature to the P25RX, especially for “us” Emergency Responders. The functionality is that in addition to the normal “Monitor Mode”, the receiver can also be set to “Alert Mode”, monitoring a specific TGID (Dispatch) whereby it remains muted until the correct tone sequence is received, then unmutes to allow the subsequent audio message to be heard. Typically, an internally generated Alert Sound (.wav or .mp3) precedes the voice message, and is user selectable/programmable.

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
That would be an awesome 👏 additional feature to the P25RX, especially for “us” Emergency Responders. The functionality is that in addition to the normal “Monitor Mode”, the receiver can also be set to “Alert Mode”, monitoring a specific TGID (Dispatch) whereby it remains muted until the correct tone sequence is received, then unmutes to allow the subsequent audio message to be heard. Typically, an internally generated Alert Sound (.wav or .mp3) precedes the voice message, and is user selectable/programmable.
ok, I think I have heard this. I didn't know that it was used for this function. Locally, they typically have a two-tone sequence that goes out when dispatch is reporting an armed robbery or other weapons-related call. I thought it was just used to signal a "weapon" complaint. I didn't realize that it may signal specific receivers in this way. Thanks for the description.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Some of those two tone sequences like that are to just catch your ear, especially in law enforcement. Typical two tone emergency service paging is a 1 second first tone with a few hundred ms pause with a 3 second second tone.

epersson

Feed Provider
ok, I think I have heard this. I didn't know that it was used for this function. Locally, they typically have a two-tone sequence that goes out when dispatch is reporting an armed robbery or other weapons-related call. I thought it was just used to signal a "weapon" complaint. I didn't realize that it may signal specific receivers in this way. Thanks for the description.
Originally Plectron then Motorola pagers. Especially for volunteer fire rescue departments. But they can set off station alarms and roof sirens as well.
The grand daddy of them all. And yes I had the original Plectron home unit with the flashing red light

epersson

Feed Provider
Originally Plectron then Motorola pagers. Especially for volunteer fire rescue departments. But they can set off station alarms and roof sirens as well.
The grand daddy of them all. And yes I had the original Plectron home unit with the flashing red light

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
The machine to wake the dead!!!

On the subject of two tone, there are several other alerting methods @btt. Single tone, 5/6 tone, and dtmf are other common things. As others have also added, 2 tone over p25 is now a thing to. I have no experience there as my area kept its conventional system specifically for alerting. But I know it's being used now in some places.

epersson

Feed Provider
Ok a question, I can't test on a live system for 2-3 weeks but i am programing in the system. I put the CC in then went to put the Fire talk groups I wanted. I had 10-12 in and all of a sudden the screen went blank and only showed the first line entry. It happened 2 or 3 times, then it let me enter others. Version that just came Tuesday. Config 2021-01-05.1304

epersson

Feed Provider
And I searched back and may have missed this answer. Can I monitor individual P25 conventional channels along with a trunk system? I put the trunk in as the default, set the roam to 2 seconds, put some talk groups in, then put the P25 single channels in the roaming config. I see the log saying its moving to the single channel frequencies but even when my SDS 100 gets a broadcast I don't get it on the P25rx. I do get CC audio. I had ID new TGIDs but didn't add TGIDs of I think 1 for the conventional channels and they were not added to the list. Newbie Thanks

btt

Banned
Banned
Ok a question, I can't test on a live system for 2-3 weeks but i am programing in the system. I put the CC in then went to put the Fire talk groups I wanted. I had 10-12 in and all of a sudden the screen went blank and only showed the first line entry. It happened 2 or 3 times, then it let me enter others. Version that just came Tuesday. Config 2021-01-05.1304
Not sure what is happening there, but it could be due to the 'autoflash' options in the talk group editor? Disconnecting/re-connecting receiver might also cause this since it would reload the talk groups from the flash.

And I searched back and may have missed this answer. Can I monitor individual P25 conventional channels along with a trunk system? I put the trunk in as the default, set the roam to 2 seconds, put some talk groups in, then put the P25 single channels in the roaming config. I see the log saying its moving to the single channel frequencies but even when my SDS 100 gets a broadcast I don't get it on the P25rx. I do get CC audio. I had ID new TGIDs but didn't add TGIDs of I think 1 for the conventional channels and they were not added to the list. Newbie Thanks
Conventional will not work in a scanned list yet. For P25, the current firmware is looking for cc idle/busy status bits and TSBK/PDU messages. I will be adding more columns to the roaming table including one for 'mode'. Once that is in there, conventional will be an option and will trigger on incoming voice frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.