• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25T with Enhanced CC scan on 7100 serie ****HELP*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucleaireqc

Hello everyone.

I have radios in the 7100IP series (mobile and portable) they have the function 39 (P25 Trunking)
I have 2 systems that are not the same service, the 2 have the same network address (wacn) or the BEE00.
I modify the band hunt data to scan from 142.300 to 145.00 for system 1. For system 2 the band hunt data is 150.000 to 166.000 every 2 in 5 khz (spacing)

It can not listen to the correct control channel (FCC menu) when my knob is set for system 1 it does a bandscan then it listens to system information 2. be the frequency in the 150.000 to 166.000 (example 164.655)

Is there a way to fix this problem?

********** WITHOUT AFFILIATION ***************

tank you

TDR-94

Enhanced CC scan locks on to the strongest CC it finds, regardless of band hunt setting.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Use Fixed ProScan and monitor using the system NAC. That way it won't try to use the other systems control channels.

nucleaireqc

Hello.

Following several mobile test and radio each radio to a different firmware. So the radio that operated on 2 different system to a firmware lower than the other so no problem at this level. I can now listen on one system or listen on the other system while being on Enhanced CC.

In Fixed Proscan I do not have the NACs of any sites.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Post your flash revision.. if you are not using the latest, I would upgrade.

My Unity would do the same thing with an older flash and ignore the band hunt data. I had to go into the preferred sites menu and exclude all the sites from neighboring systems with the same WACN. If the system you are trying to listen to is a simulcast or a single-site system, use Proscan and put in the specific system ID, site ID, and site NAC. If the system uses a unique WACN (i.e. 12345 vs BEE00) you can use enhanced CC scan with no issues. These issues were resolved when I updated to the latest flash. Obviously if bootleg versions of RPM are in play, this may not be possible.

As a side note, this is why all Harris systems use a different WACN which is supposed to be derived from the system callsign.

snoopyII

You really should take the time to research your local sites for their NAC. For your purposes, fixed proscan is usually the best method. Remember enhanced CC is designed for subscriber radios, and unless you define the parameters for the scan, it can do all sorts of unwanted results... usually locking onto a site that is not carrying the particular TG you're wanting to listen to, if not drifting on to a completely different system all together if you are in an area with several different P25 systems. Personally I've had very mixed results with enhanced CC, it does indeed work when setup properly, but its not the greatest thing since sliced bread either.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Motorola created a major problem, as > 99% of its systems use a WACN of beeØØ.

What I did to overcome this was to NOT use ENHANCED CC SCAN, instead using just Fixed ProScan.

To accomplish this, you need the following information:
  • The exact frequencies of the sites you with to monitor.
  • The System/Region ID (aka: the system NAC)
  • The System WACN (beeØØ)
  • The Site ID of the site.
  • The RF SubSite ID of the site.
  • The unique NAC of the site (usually NOT the system NAC)

The radio will only lock-onto the specific RF Site (or simulcast cell) desired.
I had to do this to listen to VSP Division-3 (Appomattox) on [Virginia State] STARS System at my location in Amherst County, VA. The closest site (Apple Orchard Mtn. in Bedford County) is 9 miles away with a -76 dBm signal, but doesn't carry the radio traffic I want to listen to, which is over a different site (Long Mtn. in Campbell County) in a different direction with a -91 dBm signal.

I hope this helps.

P25Tech

Motorola created a major problem, as > 99% of its systems use a WACN of beeØØ.

What I did to overcome this was to NOT use ENHANCED CC SCAN, instead using just Fixed ProScan.

To accomplish this, you need the following information:
  • The exact frequencies of the sites you with to monitor.
  • The System/Region ID (aka: the system NAC)
  • The System WACN (beeØØ)
  • The Site ID of the site.
  • The RF SubSite ID of the site.
  • The unique NAC of the site (usually NOT the system NAC)

The radio will only lock-onto the specific RF Site (or simulcast cell) desired.
I had to do this to listen to VSP Division-3 (Appomattox) on [Virginia State] STARS System at my location in Amherst County, VA. The closest site (Apple Orchard Mtn. in Bedford County) is 9 miles away with a -76 dBm signal, but doesn't carry the radio traffic I want to listen to, which is over a different site (Long Mtn. in Campbell County) in a different direction with a -91 dBm signal.

I hope this helps.

kb4cvn - What about using Hightop Mountain in Nelson County?

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Using a simple 1/4-wavelength groundplane at 25 feet, I use the following:

To listen to Division 3:
Long Mountain $2-01 (Campbell) is primary
Hightop Mountain $2-06 (Nelson) is secondary
Elliott Knob $2-1f (Augusta) as secondary

To listen to Division 6:
Apple Orchard Mountain $2-19 (Bedford) is primary
Fort Lewis Mountain $2-12 (Roanoke) is secondary

---------------------------
From the house without a yagi, I can also hear:
Bear Den Mountain
Halifax (the site on 501 South, north of town)
South Hill
Dismal Mountain
Bull Mountain
White Oak Mountain
North Mountain

Long-mtn-prog.jpg

P25Tech

kb4cvn - Looking at your screen shot it appears you have each site/county set up as a stand lone system. How come you chose to do it that way instead of creating just one system for Div3 and using Enhanced CC to automatically find the control channel as you travel?

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If he does it that way, if he has any other systems in his radio, it can potentially lock on to a system that is not the one he wants to monitor. I had the same problem here. As a matter of fact, I have a system in my radio that is more than 200 miles away that is set up for Enhanced CC Scan. Being 200 miles away, I know it can't hear that system, but it finds a control channel from a local system and locks onto it and never gives any indication that it is out of range (CC SCAN). Obviously, it is locked onto a CC that is not affiliated with the system. For some reason, Harris enables their radios to work that way.

P25Tech

It shouldn't lock onto another system in P25 because the System ID and/or WACN "should" be different. Personally I found I didn't like, while I was driving around in Div 3, that I had to change the system (I also had them split between county/site location as kb4cvn) as I traveled. Now when I travel, I just have to change the system if I am going from Div3 to say Div6 on my way to Roanoke or the surrounding area. If I don't have to travel out of Div3 then I trust the radio to roam to the adjacent site.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Enhanced CC Scan DOES NOT DISABLE the transmitter, even if you have all the TX boxes unchecked in the Group Set. When in ECCS, watch your red tx led..... it will flash! On a field strength meter, you will observe the radio producing a measurable power output. [Wide Area Scan, Fixed ProScan and Dynamic ProScan do not transmit.]

I use standard Fixed ProScan instead. I can scan other sites, where the radio automatically ‘roams’ among them if I choose. Simply populate the scanned system table.

As far as knowing if you switch sites, just enable the alert beep for this function. (I usually leave it off on customer radios, and it generates user questions wondering what is going on…)

Status
Not open for further replies.