P25X (Original) Tier III DMR and 217mhz?

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
While I use and love my P25X, I don't really explore it much beyond my needs for it. I went through my documentation and did not see this anywhere ... can the P25X monitor Tier III DMR? Can it do so in the 217mhz range?

Thanks.

btt

Banned
Banned
You can use it to monitor non-encrypted Con+ trunked systems. It should work in that frequency range.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
You can use it to monitor non-encrypted Con+ trunked systems. It should work in that frequency range.

Thank you. I guess I need to manually enter the info, since I do not see it in the database.

Oh and where can I get a replacement of that little antenna you supply with the P25X? It works better than pretty much anything else, but mine is starting to fall apart.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure the P25RX will work on DMR Tier III systems? Reason I ask is because Connect Plus systems use LCN's like 1, 2, 3, etc. to identify the frequency order. Tier III systems use channel ID numbers, like 723, 763, 190, 225, etc. to identify which frequency should be used. The P25RX has no provision to enter such information, and in fact I can't get it to work on a local Tier III system.

btt

Banned
Banned
Are you sure the P25RX will work on DMR Tier III systems? Reason I ask is because Connect Plus systems use LCN's like 1, 2, 3, etc. to identify the frequency order. Tier III systems use channel ID numbers, like 723, 763, 190, 225, etc. to identify which frequency should be used. The P25RX has no provision to enter such information, and in fact I can't get it to work on a local Tier III system.

It supports connect plus. I thought Tier III was "trunked systems", but I see now that Connect+, while it is a trunked system, it is considered non-standard. By that definition, the P25RX does not support Tier III.

btt

Banned
Banned
Thank you. I guess I need to manually enter the info, since I do not see it in the database.

Oh and where can I get a replacement of that little antenna you supply with the P25X? It works better than pretty much anything else, but mine is starting to fall apart.
It appears that someone recently purchased all 400+ of the antennas from my vendor. They are out of stock. Contact me directly via email.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The system in question is a Tait Tier III trunked system. The Uniden scanners do not trunktrack it so it is possible that Tait has some bit of proprietary code that keeps it from being the basic trunked DMR standard. A local Hytera Tier III acts the same way.

chris