P25X2 100 Health but No System Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

I'm trying to map out/decode the new cleco 900mhz system in Louisiana. My unitrunker and DSD are working great to decode LWIN with voice as well as the Lafayette Parish 800 conventional system. For both systems,
when I type the control channel into the signal receiver in unitrunker, I immediately get a window opening up automatically with site information and showing active talkgroups etc.

Now, for this new Cleco system, I tune to 935.2125, and I show X2 with 100% health, but no window opens up with site information. What do I do?

Jean B.
Lafayette, LA

Attachments

• Clecop25x2.jpg
    Clecop25x2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 270

SCPD

QRT
You have found an X2 TDMA voice channel. Keep looking for the control channel. The protocol field will say "APCO P25" when you've found it.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

Thank you, I will make a go of it.

JB

Last edited:

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
This channel stays open

I checked the FCC database for other likely control channel/repeater frequencies and scanned them,
all were quiet. Interestingly the 935.2125 frequency is continuously active. Is this normal?

JB

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You won't see a digital voice channel for this system. 900MHz 3600 systems were never sold with support for P25 voice. And as I recall Moto's 900 P25 (9600) trunking doesn't support TDMA yet; X2 definitely not and since it's outdated it won't be.

If you're hearing a digital channel similar to the control channel it may be a channel transmitting a test pattern, which would be strange.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Got it

It was late and I must have been tired. Figured this one out. Re-read the FCC license data and figured out it is a conventional 900mhz trunked system for CLECO, with a 939mhz control channel. The signal that was fooling unitrunker was licensed as a narrowband data emission. I'm in the process of trying to map out the system.

JV

Status
Not open for further replies.