p500 file extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

How can I open a p500 file out of the Win500 program. When I try to open a V Folder file from documents in Windows it will not open AND says it can't locate a program to open it.

JK

n8zcc

How can I open a p500 file out of the Win500 program. When I try to open a V Folder file from documents in Windows it will not open AND says it can't locate a program to open it.

JK

I don't think you can, at least not in a way to get anything human readable out of the file. You can download a trail version of WIN500 but I am assuming you know that.

rwier

JK

Try this:

Right Click on .p500 file
Left Click on Take Ownership
Right Click on .p500 file again
Open With...Choose Default Program..Left Click
Open using Already Installed Software.....OK
Browse until you see Win500
check "Always use this Program to open......"
Select Win500

Might Work?

Rob

eyes00only

I have never seen the 'take ownership' option (just tried again). I'll keep trying and post it if I ever find a solution. Thanks for the replies!

JK

rwier

I have never seen the 'take ownership' option (just tried again). I'll keep trying and post it if I ever find a solution. Thanks for the replies!

JK

You haven't seen it before now?
or
You haven't seen it tonight?

Rob

Last edited:

eyes00only

Never seen it. I'm fairly good with computers, and as I mentioned in another thread you helped in I am an old dude :lol:

JK

rwier

Never seen it. I'm fairly good with computers, and as I mentioned in another thread you helped in I am an old dude :lol:

JK

Maybe has something to do with what flavor of windows. I have Vista Ultimate 32. Maybe it's done another way with another flavor? Maybe I am dreaming, lol.

Rob

eyes00only

I've tried with Windows Vista & Windows 7. When I click 'open' I get all the normal options, Adobe, Word, etc. Windows does direct you to find a program but it can't find one :(

JK

W6KRU

This can also be done another way. Run Win500 as an administrator. In the Configuration menu, click Misc. In the Miscellaneous Preferences dialog box, click the P500 file associate button. Click the OK buton and continue on your way. This will make the registry entry to associate p500 files with the WIN500 application.

eyes00only

This can also be done another way. Run Win500 as an administrator. In the Configuration menu, click Misc. In the Miscellaneous Preferences dialog box, click the P500 file associate button. Click the OK buton and continue on your way. This will make the registry entry to associate p500 files with the WIN500 application.

I'll give this a try tomorrow after a pot of coffee.
Thanks,

JK

noobiest

Thanks that worked for me IDK why this happened after not using the software for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.