• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7100IP scan model : Never ending Power Up Self Test cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I had some issues with a P7100 scan model.

When attempting to update the feature string I noticed Radio Maintenance could not read the tracking nor feature data from the radio.

I used the default tracking data file for the radio. After that I was able to update the feature string and upload the personality without any errors.

Now the radio goes into the Power Up Self Test display in a never ending cycle.

Any ideas?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
First time working with this particular radio and I did not back up anything.

Yes I am an idiot.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Disregard.

I put the radio through recovery again. I did not update the radio code but erased the EEPROM. Then I wrote the default tracking data and used the new feature string I was trying to update.

All is well. I will make my backups of everything.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Read out the radio firmware and DSP and save them. They will come in handy if you ever have a serious corruption issue and have to reload them into the radio.

You will do it by using the "write code to file" and "write adi/dsp to file" buttons in the radio maintenance tools.

ProGrammer 18 was the last version to includes these buttons in the maintenance tools,
and thus it's a VERY good idea to keep a copy of 18 installed even if you update to 19 or 20.

This functionality does not exist in RPM, unfortunately.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I have R20C installed and I don't see those buttons. I got my discs from Harris a couple of months ago so I don't have any previous versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.