• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7100's On Ebay Beware !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Beware of Stolen P7100's on Ebay. Seller Cargolargo # 390000177024 These P7100's are Low band UHF and can't be programmed. M/A-Com Are aware of these radio's out there and will not touch them. Several people have been scammed already. The ebay seller is fardulent. An investigation is going on against this ebay seller by The Police,Ebay,Paypal and the federal Goverment. This guy has to be stopped.

I'm sharing this info so no one else will be scammed by this guy and get stuck with a paper weight.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I posted a similar message a couple of weeks back.

The actual situation is that the radios are apparently in the "lost cargo" classification. You know,
unclaimed freight sold at auction.

They never made it to M/A-Com in Lynchburg, VA, from the factory in Japan.

As a result, they have one serial number tag on them (the upper one) and the second tag would be
issued in Lynchburg when the radio is processed to fit it to a customer's requirements, but these
radios do not have that second tag.

M/A-Com considers these radios to be stolen property and will not issue feature data for them. The
feature string as provided from Japan is 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 etc. and the radios will only
operate in straight conventional mode. Given that they're UHF-L band, that makes them almost
completely useless.

M/A-Com is interested in this situation, to be sure.

Elroy

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
OK I remember that thread.

Makes sense now. I guess its not lost cargo if this guy is selling it. It looks from his auctions that his business is buying lots of lost cargo and reselling it. If it was lost by the shipper wouldnt their insurance paid Ma/Com for the loss?

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Re-P7100

Other people on here that also bought these P7100's and when they received the radio's, on the box it said the band split of Low Band UHF that he didn't mention in his discription. Member Elroy on here got one of these P7100's back in July and contacted M/A-COM and they said those P7100 radio's are good as stolen. They came from a shipment out of Japan and fell off the truck in USA. M/A-Com will not touch those radio's and they are aware of them. I got this info from Elroy on here. If you look at the sellers discripition you will see no info about these P7100 listed at all. He does have a picture of the tag on the back of the radio and that tag should be silver not white. That's what I was told by Elroy that sopke to M/A-Com person.
The seller will not respond to any emails or phone calls.For 3 days I was trying to contact the seller and he will not respond. I'm expecting to recive my P7100 paper weight tomorrow. M/A-Con told Elroy that these P7100's have no Ecryption in them at all and can't be programmed. We all thought these radio's were 800Mhz band. When contacted the seller before the auction went off he stated, look at Manufacturer for model details. On the P7100 box the sticker had all the info the band split,model and Serial #. All the seller had to do is write the info from the box in his discription. He is still selling these radio's with same discription. That's all I know right now. If you need more info contact Elroy on this radio reference site.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ma/com can say all they want, if they are lost then yes, they were paid for by the shipping company. If they were not, then ma/com are idiots, well they do seem to be anyway but that's not important here.

If they do not want to support them, well that would put them on par with motorola so no one should be surprised.

Just what is the split for these "low split" radios? I can think of some legit TX uses between 420-433 that the worthless sabers have.

Not that I care, most of those ma/com radios look like they fell out of a gay cellphoen company commercial :D

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
380 to 430 is their split.

And they CAN be programmed, but ONLY for conventional operation. They have NO features to support anything else.

The seller has been contacted and given explict information regarding the label data that MUST be shown
on the auction in order to be HONEST about them, but they persist in concealing that information with
malice aforethought. This is FRAUD. Fraud is a FELONY.

Here is contact information for them:

Our RMA department contact infromation:
Contact Name: Jennifer Capps
Email address: ebay@cargolargo.com
Phone Number: 8163506286

Have fun.

Elroy

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anyone who whines about getting a crap egay radio needs to remember where they got it from. It's egay, you take big chances buying any radios on there.

When they come up stolen in NCIC, then it's stolen/fraud. Anything else is some people's opinions.

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Anyone who whines about getting a crap egay radio needs to remember where they got it from. It's egay, you take big chances buying any radios on there.

When they come up stolen in NCIC, then it's stolen/fraud. Anything else is some people's opinions.

Thank you Mr. Helper

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
I second that. Some comments are useful, helpful, and on topic. Grog's comment was none of the above.

Every ebay buyer has a full right to expect that something as simple and basic as the BOX LABEL's information should be accurately posted on an auction. When the label is clearly visible, fully legible,
and the product is new, there's absolutely NO valid reason NOT to provide that information.

People who have bid on these radios have probably never SEEN the original box they came in, and
don't know that that label is even there or that it provides useful identifying information. If they DO
know, well, those are the people who didn't bid due to the lack of that info.

Elroy

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
Looks like some of the a** chewing got through to him....he's started posting pictures of the tags/model number/and the serial number. The last one on ebay has a SN of #83, so it appears Elroy is correct..........

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
Are you kidding? That's still dishonest as hell! Who here actually knows that that model number shown is UHF low band?

Let me show you what the box label actually looks like:

DSC_0052.jpg

Yeah, he's still trying to obscure the fact that the radio is UHF LOW BAND and WORTHLESS.

Well, look for an upcoming auction that's meant to draw him out! A real auction for one of these
radios, set at a stupidly high reserve price, with all the truth about these radios in it, as a warning
to others!

I really hate dishonest people!

Elroy

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, he's still trying to obscure the fact that the radio is UHF LOW BAND and WORTHLESS.

I wouldn't call UHF-L worthless. While it's not exactly common...there are places in the US where it is available for public safety use.

The Buffalo/Niagara Falls area of New York is one. There is a lot of conventional operation in the 420s there.

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Re-P7100

We are not knocking the UHF Low band. The Point is, the seller wasn't hosnet in is listing on Ebay. When the writting was on the box.

rchalupajr

Item number: 390000177024 It looks like all but the last two digits of the serial number have been covered with white out.

Status
Not open for further replies.