• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7100's On Ebay Beware !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCRadioGuy

Out of curiosity, I emailed the seller a question. I asked him what the band was and why there was no S/N. His answer was.......

"Hello, im unsure as to the band. We are unable to give out the serial number. Thank you!"

This would tell me that the seller is dishonest and does have something to hide. Any legit seller would provide the S/N.

FYI, the seller name is cargolargo.

MMIC

[rolleyes] .......

Roll your eyes all you want, dude, you say in your auction:

As such, M/A-Com considers the status of these radios to be STOLEN. It's very likely that the legal
status of these radios is certainly "questionable". Is the seller selling stolen property? I can't say for
sure, but I think that some people might think so.

Then turn around later and say:

The radio shown IS actually for sale in this auction.

Sure looks like you are trying to re-sell a stolen radio in an auction to me - and you're admitting it.

Don't get me wrong, kudos to you for calling this guy out and telling the story, but you're no bigger for turning around and selling your stolen radio. Besides, if M/A-COM really wanted that radio back because it is stolen, TAC would have asked you to send it back to them and I am sure they would have properly compensated you for it and taken care of completing a criminal investigation with the proper authorities.

So if you're REALLY trying to sell your radio, just sell it and don't make a scene about it - or make your point to the world and don't sell it. You probably can't have it both ways.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
There are forces at work here that you know nothing about. Things you don't have to know about.

You're speaking from a lack of knowledge simply because I have chosen not to tell you everything.

So I suggest you just sit back, relax, and let me handle it, OK? I'll say this...I'm in direct contact with
M/A-Com about this issue. THEY will be totally satisfied with how I handle this, as my role in the
affair is exactly what they choose to ask of me.

Ebay doesn't allow "informational only" auctions...but I have every right to reject any and all bids,
though I doubt anyone will meet my price anyway.

Did you stop for a moment and think about ANY of these possibilities?

No, I bet not...or you'd have never posted your less than brilliant comment.

Elroy

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Pull your attitude back a few steps, you're not making yourself look good to anyone on here.....

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
I TRULY do not care what you think. And if anyone needs to be pulling back on their attitude, it's not me.

Hell, some people would think I'm doing you guys a service by clueing you in on what is best described as as SCAM. And some of them do. Others...I can't figure out the way you think and I won't waste
my time even trying.

I'm going WELL out of my way to do the right thing, the best possible thing in the circumstances, and
I get crap for it from people who don't know the entire situation and don't even have to know it.
It pisses me off, and frankly for damned good reason.

Elroy

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I guess it's a good thing you don't get to judge what has "value".

I think this post was the best advice ever given about ebay...

Anyone who whines about getting a crap egay radio needs to remember where they got it from. It's egay, you take big chances buying any radios on there.

If someone gets mad because they got taken without asking all the questions they should have, then they will hopefully learn a lesson.

From your posts you seem to be quite taken with the various ma/com radios, so why did you not ask all the questions you know you should have asked?

rmiles

so why did you not ask all the questions you know you should have asked?

All the appropriate questions were asked up front. The seller is dishonest. They claimed they did not know, which was false information. They did know, a chose not to provide it. They also did not show the full casting of the radio upon request, which would have shown that the radio only had the tag from KDE (Japanese manufacturer) and not the one M/A-Com affixes at Lynchburg after featuring the radio. They knew the radios were questionable and thought they would just get away with it. Elroy is correct, it's fraud. According to trade laws in the U.S., any purchaser, online or otherwise, should have a reasonable expectation of honesty from a seller. Knowingly withholding information which would accurately describe the item or functionality of that item is not a burden of the buyer. It's on the seller and sellers who try and scam unsuspecting buyers should be held to account. Unfortunately, common sense is not so common anymore and some unscrupulous people have no problem exploiting that.

MMIC

"Forces at work"...."things I don't know about" - please. You have no idea what I do and do not know, but this situation looks very straightforward. If it is stolen property, you wouldn't be selling it because M/A-COM would have contacted the authorities to file a report and those authorities would be in contact with you in order to recover the stolen property AND get the contact information for the person(s) from which you purchased the stolen property. You wouldn't be selling this on eBay if this was the case. Again, you have no idea what my background is in either of these matters, so don't try to discredit me.

So I suggest you just sit back, relax, and let me handle it, OK? I'll say this...I'm in direct contact with M/A-Com about this issue. THEY will be totally satisfied with how I handle this, as my role in the affair is exactly what they choose to ask of me.

You brought this information into a public forum, so expect your decisions to be scrutinized. Don't bring something public if you don't want the scrutiny that comes along with it. YOUR decisions are questionable here, too, and you're not giving yourself much credibility with trying to have it both ways (sell the radio AND call the seller out).

Either the radio isn't considered stolen, or you provided M/A-COM with the contact information for the person(s) from which you purchased the item and they elected to let you keep the radio for giving them that information. Not too hard to figure out, really.

You are still coming off as a hypocrite for calling the radios stolen and then trying to sell that radio you call stolen yourself. The auction makes it sound like you are really trying to sell it because you're offering incentives to potential buyers (express shipping at no cost) and your price really isn't too outrageous for a brand new radio.

Did you stop for a moment and think about ANY of these possibilities?

Yes, I did, and these are the conclusions I came to when reading your posts and auction description. Amazing, eh?

So quit being a hypocrite and figure out which way you want it.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
My price is outrageous and ridiculous for a brand new radio that's less useful than a paperweight. Given that it has no features and won't BE getting any, per M/A-Com, and it's in the UHF-L band, its value is
for parts for other radios. Front cover, display and shield assembly, etc. Even the frame itself is specific
to the UHF-L band radios.

To be absolutely blunt about it, though it's listed on ebay it won't be sold even if someone does offer the
buy it now price. I will simply cancel all bids and end the auction if it comes to that.

It's costing me a few bucks just to have that auction up there. I could have raised the starting and
buy it now prices even higher, but there's a limit on how much I wanted to spend to put up that
billboard disguised as an auction.

I remind you, ebay doesn't really allow "infoirmation only" auctions. But they don't say that you can't
refuse to accept bids, either. Which I will do, if someone is foolish enough to offer good money for
a paperweight.

In any event, how I handle this will be to M/A-Com's satisfaction. PERIOD. What you think really isn't relevant.

Elroy

Status
Not open for further replies.