• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7200 no Calibration data

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard630

Premium Subscriber
I searched this forum and didn't find the answer regarding no calibration data on Harris P7200 radio. When I tried to read from P7200 the pop up shows the firmware does not support this feature.

Here is the basic radio information: Hardware RF Board 700/800, Ram Size 2MB, Flash Size 16MB Hardware board P7200. Software info: R15A29, Personality Name "empty". RPM SW Group # oxFF, RPM Version # 255; Flash SW Version # oxC

Do I need to upgrade firmware first? How? Any help? Thanks

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Reading it from where? RadioMaint? Why?

Reading out calibration data into RadioMaint isn't supported on radio code lower than XGP2 (I think). You will need a later version of Radio Code in order to read OUT calibration data, your older version only allows writing new data in.

richard630

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your tip. Yes, I am using RadioMaint reading it. I am troubleshooting P7200 because it does not work in ECP mode, giving me error 0502

Reading it from where? RadioMaint? Why?

Reading out calibration data into RadioMaint isn't supported on radio code lower than XGP2 (I think). You will need a later version of Radio Code in order to read OUT calibration data, your older version only allows writing new data in.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
That error is a corrupt personality. If you are programming that with RPM14 then the radio needs XGP code to talk to it. (Probably XGP5) Update the radio or downgrade to RPM 10B to talk to "legacy" radio code.

richard630

Premium Subscriber
During my programming process, the RPM14 can talk to P7200 but the radio can not successfully reboot to ECP. I want to take your advice by updating the radio code. Do you know where to download XGP code?

Here is a little more background on my P7200 radio. It has no personality when I bought it. I guess it was used on OpenSky. I was able to write a personality in the radio but it keeps reporting 0502 during reboot. I tried the Firmware Version Read. It shows "BurnApp R10A00, BOOTAPP:12 ECP/XGP: Not Applicable OTP/VRM: Not Applicable, MCU: None"

Appreciate your advice.

That error is a corrupt personality. If you are programming that with RPM14 then the radio needs XGP code to talk to it. (Probably XGP5) Update the radio or downgrade to RPM 10B to talk to "legacy" radio code.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
ECP/XGP: Not Applicable
Means you have no ECP or XGP code loaded, the radio will be a paperweight. These OpenSky radios really are pretty much useless because trying to get them switched to ECP mode bricks them. There are numerous threads about this you should check out.

And CRC is Cyclic Redundancy Check, think of it like a checksum to verify the flash is correct.

richard630

Premium Subscriber
That's a surprise! Can I load ECP into P7200 through RPM "Load Code"?

Means you have no ECP or XGP code loaded, the radio will be a paperweight. These OpenSky radios really are pretty much useless because trying to get them switched to ECP mode bricks them. There are numerous threads about this you should check out.

And CRC is Cyclic Redundancy Check, think of it like a checksum to verify the flash is correct.

richard630

Premium Subscriber
Here is my firmware version read. Does it mean I need to ask for a ECP flash or a new firmware? I noticed OTP is also Not Applicable but this radio has a working OTP working interface.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.