• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7200 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiremanSparky

I pulled a P7200 Full Keypad radio I had sitting in a box for a few years. I have an interested buyer, so I put a fresh battery on it and powered it up. It show's on the screen: "READY PBAPP R13.05". Pushing any buttons does not do anything. Can anyone explain what this means? I don't want to sell a bad radio.

Thanks

FiremanSparky

Firmware needs reloaded into the radio.

Thanks for the reply n3obl. A little back-story on this, the radio was purchased by me a few years ago to add to my collection. Recently, someone made me a good offer on it and, as noted above, I put a fresh battery on it to see if it worked. How would you go about reloading the firmware, and where could I get a firmware file?

Thanks again

N4VGW

To get out of BurnApp Mode:
1. Press the down arrow, display will read M:BAPP. Select to load.
2. Press the Opt1 button, display will read M:ECP. Select to load.
3. Press the Menu button, display will read M:ECP. Confirm? N
4. Press the Opt1 button, display will read M:ECP. Confirm? Y
5. Press the Menu button. The radio should reboot to its normal mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.