p97 file for Denver metro area

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebsterino

Would anyone be willing to send me an updated p97 file for the Denver/Aurora area? I have loaded one I found in a Yahoo group, but it is from 2006. I am just wondering if someone might have something a little more recent and complete. I would really appreciate it, and so would my mom.... she erased the memory on her scanner I am just trying to reprogram it for her.

polymorph7

I would love something like that also, for the extended Denver Metro area or northern Colorado. If any of the kind and experienced professionals here in this forum, would be so kind as to attach a recent such p97 file for a Pro 97, to one of these posts or send it to me via private message, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

spicerz

I Have One

I updated it last week. The only problem I have is with DIA. I can't pick up anything. Not sure if I programmed it wrong or if I'm out of range.

I don't know how to post it on here. Drop me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

The file contains:

Arvada PD
Arvada Fire
Wesminster PD
Westminster Fire
Arvada/Westminster PW
DIA
Denver City Services (Partial TGs)
Aurora Police
Boulder County
Misc. Conventional

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Had to dust off the 97 for this. Banks 7 and 8 are open for whatever you wish.

Attachments

• MetroTK1010p97.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 75

polymorph7

Thank you both so very very much! Scanlist, I downloaded your file and Spicerz, I sent you a message with my email so you can send me your file.

I wasn't sure whether to go with win97, arc300 or scan-lite, but most people seem to like win97....

So, I got the 20-047 cable from RS (which I still think is a rip-off at a *discontinued* price of 20 bucks!) and now ready to do more to set up this PRO 97.

I have found that programming it is really easy - even the trunking - once reading through the manual several times and experimenting with the PRO 97 itself. But the tg's are a pain entering in by hand - well, at least for my arthritic fingers it is!

I have also found some weirdness in the RS programming with scan-lite from 4 years ago. Obviously, Arapahoe frequencies are not the same, and nor are the Lakewood/Wheat Ridge or Arvada/Wesminster ones. Ok, I looked them up here and plugged in the new ones. The Aurora trunking/frequencies were the same.

But, the weird thing was the banks that did not have trunked frequencies - 0,1,2,6. They have things like Sherriff, W Metro FD, CO DNR and other CO things - whatever "CO" stands for. It can't just be Colorado, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Each of those banks have exactly 28 channels of the above type frequencies and a number of duplicates from one bank to the other! I thought all those duplicates were strange....

And on the bottom of the screen while scanning, it shows: DMETROD.RSD - I have no idea what that stands for, Denver Metro Denver? That doesn't make sense. And what about the RSD? Radio Shack D?? I know, unimportant in the long *and* the short run, but I like to understand things.

I programmed in the trunked Arvada/Wesminster, Denver City Services, Denver International Airport, systems from the database here - once I fully figured out how to program in trunked systems - and the Aurora bank was still trunking fine.

I want to program in the Media from the list kindly put in a post by the inestimable Jim from 2006, but there are 35 frequencies there and I didn't want to do that until I was sure how I wanted to redo the banks.

I have all the Lakewood and the Denver frequencies in their own banks - even though I can't trunk them. I still can hear everything, just not trunked....

But, this PRO 97 is such a joy. My AR-1000 is still going strong - and with it's continuous coverage from longwave to satellite, I can do the 700 mhz frequencies, if and when anything pops up on them. But with the trunking, tg's, improved sensitivity and faster scan/search rates, this PRO 97 is great. I have welcomed myself into the modern era of police radios!

As I live in the Arvada/Wesminster area, just listening to that trunked system could be all I ever need with all that traffic! It is just fantastic to listen to. But, of course, I love listening to everything else as well :)

Now to find a way to get either a PRO 106 or a BC396XT for a holiday present to myself at a price my disability check can afford!

Once again, Scanlist and Spicerz, thank you both so very very much for your nearly instantaneous responses and help. It is immensely appreciated!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Believe you can not trunk Denver, Lakewood, Wheat Ridge and West Metro with a Pro-97 because they turned on ESK over a year ago.

Jim<

polymorph7

Absolutely correct, Jim!

That is why I said, above: "I have all the Lakewood and the Denver frequencies in their own banks - even though I can't trunk them. I still can hear everything, just not trunked...."

Sometimes, I listen to one bank just to hear what is happening in Denver, or another just to hear Lakewoof/Wheat Ridge.

You see, by using an AR-1000 for 2 decades, I learned how to listen to things without trunking :) Not as good, I know, but doable :) So it is just as easy to do with the PRO-97 - maybe even easier :)

I don't know what West Metro is, but I have some low band frequencies in the banks programmed by RS that do come through, PD and FD....

And, thank you so much, Jim, for that Media list from 2006. I always love listening to the media frequencies. Easy enough to find in the forum here with a simple use of the search facility!

I wish someone could figure out what DMETROD.RSD means as well as what and where "CO" frequencies are.... See above post for more information about this....

And now to see what treasures abound in Scanlist's and Spicerz's p97 files :)

Status
Not open for further replies.