P97 File for WNC Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayatsi05

Does any here have a file for Viper in the WNC area that they wouldn't mind sharing? I tried making one but can never hear anything on it, so I was wanting to look at someone else's to see if there was something I was doing / inputing wrong. I tried CC only, putting everything in from Troop G, then I tried one for the Asheville are and nothing, ever. There must be something I am missing but I just cant get it. Any help?

N8IAA

Does any here have a file for Viper in the WNC area that they wouldn't mind sharing? I tried making one but can never hear anything on it, so I was wanting to look at someone else's to see if there was something I was doing / inputing wrong. I tried CC only, putting everything in from Troop G, then I tried one for the Asheville are and nothing, ever. There must be something I am missing but I just cant get it. Any help?

Your radio is not deaf and you are not going crazy. They are still on 42Mhz. When my wife and I go up to NC, the conventional frequencies still prevail.
Larry

Quantar22

The Troop G switch to Viper is just beginning. The primary communications for the entire troop are still on low band. The Buncombe cars aka G4 are using the APD system right now quite a bit with SHP only talkgroups. For the cars we have not installed 800 mobiles into they are using Channel 17 on low band. All of the Buncombe cars do have 800 handhelds and they use those a little. There are several VIPER sites active that you should be able to hear. The High Windy site is near Black Mountain and is active. The Meadows site aka Peach Knob is active. Big Knob is in Northern Madison county is active. It covers most of northern Buncombe county quite well. The Buncombe district is the next in line to switch over to 800 completely. We have a few more mobiles to install and they should begin to simulcast on low band/Viper. The transition is coming slowly but we are making progress.

I hope you can figure out why you are not hearing the CC on any of the sites. I am not sure where you are located in the county but you should be able to hear at least one of the sites... Also Rich Mtn near Brevard is online as well. You may be able to hear the CC from there...

Shane KI4M/GX80
NCSHP Troop G Radio Asheville

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.