PA man used 2-way radios during robberies

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

Middletown man convicted in 10 armed robberies - Bucks County Courier Times: Bucks County | Crime | Police | DUI | Court Log

From the Bucks County Courier Times:

By Laurie Mason Schroeder Staff Writer

A Bucks County jury in Doylestown found a Middletown man guilty of committing 10 armed robberies last year in Bucks and Montgomery counties.

Jesse Smoot, 27, of Veteran's Highway, will be sentenced in about 90 days following a pre-sentence investigation. He could face more than 20 years behind bars.
The verdict on Friday capped a week-long trial marred by weather-related delays. Jurors deliberated for more than three hours before finding Smoot guilty of 33 crimes including robbery, theft, terroristic threats and related counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeez

I personally know Jesse, and in my opinion he only did this because in his mind he had no other choice, with his girlfriend pregnant and child on the way, he was behind on bills. I still can't believe he did it but I wasn't part of the investigation so I can't speak to the evidence facts. I see they conveniently left out the part where they threatened his main witness with charges right before she was going to testify on his behalf. I was there at the courthouse and saw her become upset when they told her how that was going to go down.

He used to go out of his way to help all his neighbors, and never asked for anything in return. Glad you guys can make inferences to his character without even knowing him on a radio forum.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

If your friend had not committed the crime, we would not be talking about him.

If we see a news story that is related to radios, we can and will discuss it, good or bad.

But thanks for your input, we will surely take it under advisement...

wtp

well...

a man's character is defined by what he does when no one is looking
i can't remember who said it.
if he was always good his obituary would reflect that, not the headlines for a robbery
i was in danger of losing my house, but did not rob to keep it. i just doubled my efforts to find work.
at 53 years old i was out cutting my neighbors lawns and was happy to work in the florida sun with my push mower. some neighbors did not feel right paying me for small jobs but, would have me for dinner. translated --i was working for food. so from my point of view he did something stupid.

CapStar362

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
this

+1 bazillion times

so NOW, he probably will NEVER see his child to be, born, wont help at all with any of those previous bills..... yet you stand behind him?

i give applauds for being a friend, but that is NOT how to handle tough times, by making other people terrified and ruining your own life

dbsar

Premium Subscriber
Here’s a different slant. Had a scanning enthusiast been able to monitor their activity, perhaps the crime wave could have been cut short. Keep your ears open and listen to those FRS/GMRS frequencies; never know what you will hear.

jbeez

Djdan my post wasn't directed towards you, and I agree with you. Also not saying what he did was right. He made his choices. But post #3 was in no way adding any value to the OP and I felt the internet muscles were uncalled for so I spoke up, no one else was going to

Sent from my HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.