PA NATIONAL GUARD FREQUENCIES ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Does anyone know of the PA National Guard freq? Obviously, during this difficult time us radio enthusiasts need to know whats really going on. Thank you

phantomcrow

Retired LE
I have seen PA national guard units in the past using a mix of OpenSky radios and UHF radios in the 380-420 range.
Thank you. I'm surprised however, we don't have any specific frequencies. I'm assuming that they will also be encrypted on the P25

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
There on the new state p25 system, fully ENC. Also on the State Air - Ground 700 p25 system, Also share space and multi TG on Local County Trunked Systems.. ENC.... Still use VHF-Lo, VHF-Air, VHF-Hi, And all over the UHF band for AM, FM, NFM, DFM, and SSB Coms..

phantomcrow

Retired LE
There on the new state p25 system, fully ENC. Also on the State Air - Ground 700 p25 system, Also share space and multi TG on Local County Trunked Systems.. ENC.... Still use VHF-Lo, VHF-Air, VHF-Hi, And all over the UHF band for AM, FM, NFM, DFM, and SSB Coms..
Thank you much. Still like to know the frequencies, TG if you have them? I have RR database but as you know there are a lot of new systems and private TG etc

phantomcrow

Retired LE
So those arent automatically uploaded along with the RR database onto my TRX2?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
So those arent automatically uploaded along with the RR database onto my TRX2?
Correct, the wiki is for research purposes only. They'd only be uploaded if a database admin were to add them to the actual RR database. Info needs to be confirmed without a doubt and then submitted to the database for this to happen

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Phantom, check the talkgroup research wiki. This is (mostly) unconfirmed info but it seems to suggest the national guard talkgroups could range anywhere from 12140 to 12384, look to be all ENC
What I have wondered from the start of them building this system is why they are using ADP encryption on the whole system instead of AES-256 (espically for PSP and the PANG) since ADP is a much less secure algorithm than AES-256 and is easily broken.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
@W7FDX interesting how do you figure? I rarely hear anything at all other than my local barracks on their dispatch channel, I know that there are numerous units with the barracks and I never once heard them talk or the sound of encryption

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
@W7FDX interesting how do you figure? I rarely hear anything at all other than my local barracks on their dispatch channel, I know that there are numerous units with the barracks and I never once heard them talk or the sound of encryption
What barracks are you listening to on the P25 system? According to the database and my own scanning all PSP traffic I've heard (Troop F) has been encrypted.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
What barracks are you listening to on the P25 system? According to the database and my own scanning all PSP traffic I've heard (Troop F) has been encrypted.
Wyoming, yes it's encrypted so I mean I hear the transmission because I have a trx2 has option to hear garbled audio instead of silence like uniden gives you. Now, how do you know that it's not AES encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.