PA State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing quite a bit of activity today for PSP Wyoming on 155.5050 however I never seem to hear the cars/troopers reply. Does anyone know if they reply on a different frequency or it's just the fact that the cars are not repeated and I'm not hearing the weaker car signal.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
fuzzymoto said:
I'm hearing quite a bit of activity today for PSP Wyoming on 155.5050 however I never seem to hear the cars/troopers reply. Does anyone know if they reply on a different frequency or it's just the fact that the cars are not repeated and I'm not hearing the weaker car signal.

Most PSP dispatch channels have separate base and mobile frequencies.

Channel C is 155.505 (Base) and 155.850 (Mobiles). You will only hear mobiles if they're within range. The bases transmit by activating various tower sites depending on where the mobile unit is they need to speak with. Mobile units are not repeated on the base frequency at most locations.

Channel G is the same freq for base and mobiles so barracks using this channel have the dispatch and troopers on the same freq.

Channels D and E are operated in a repeater mode in some areas.

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
Thanks...that's what I thought but I wasn't sure if I was missing a frequency or not. I'm probably just not close enough when the cars themselves talk.

mikext

Traveling to PA

I'll be traveling to PA the second week of June in the Bucks co./ Levittown area what are state pd freqs for that area? Thanks, Mike

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
I'm further north so I'm not sure. Have you checked the database?

ctrabs74

benrussellpa said:
Channel G is the same freq for base and mobiles so barracks using this channel have the dispatch and troopers on the same freq.

The mobiles on G channel, however, still have the same range as most other channels (PSP Embreeville is on this channel, so I can vouch for the above info).

Channels D and E are operated in a repeater mode in some areas.

Reading and Hamburg (Berks) are both on repeater mode. In fact, I can occasionally hear those stations in West Chester better than I can pick up Avondale (B).

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
mikext said:
I'll be traveling to PA the second week of June in the Bucks co./ Levittown area what are state pd freqs for that area? Thanks, Mike

PSP Trevose covers I-95 through southern Bucks, as well as some local municipalities with part time police.

Dispatch is on Channel A. 155.580 Base/154.950 Mobiles

PSP Dublin covers northern Bucks.

Dispatch is on Channel C. 155.505 Base/155.850 Mobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.