Neighbor: BEE00.942-1.49 ; Upper Strasburg FRAN01 Franklin County
Neighbor: BEE00.942-1.50 ; South Mountain FRAN02 Franklin County
Neighbor: BEE00.942-1.62 ; Loop Lookout HUNT01 Huntingdon County
Neighbor: BEE00.942-1.77 ; Blue Knob BEDF13 Bedford County

Channel 4-491: 151.2275 CC
Channel 4-2484: 156.21 CC SCC
Channel 9-968: 156.21-1 VOICE
Channel 9-969: 156.21-2 VOICE

That data doesn't necessarily count as it could have been written to disk days / weeks / months ago. What really needs done is that somebody needs to monitor all frequencies that used to be site 1.48 -- 155.2275, 156.21, 155.52. See if any of them have a control channel that spits out data about Site 1.48. If they don't, then (as Redbeard suggests), they probably just renumbered that site to be 1.3 instead of 1.48. I'm betting they just changed 1.48 to 1.3.

More importantly, please look through your files for Site 1.107 and see what the control channel frequency is. It'll be documented in the P25Data file. I don't see it in your previous post. But it'll be in the data file. And if you sit on Site 1.3 and hit "N" in DSDPlus, it will list the neighbors, the channel numbers of the neighbors, and the current control channel frequency of each of the neighbors. We would need that information to start figuring out what Site 1.107 is.

Mike

BM82557

That data doesn't necessarily count as it could have been written to disk days / weeks / months ago. What really needs done is that somebody needs to monitor all frequencies that used to be site 1.48 -- 155.2275, 156.21, 155.52. See if any of them have a control channel that spits out data about Site 1.48. If they don't, then (as Redbeard suggests), they probably just renumbered that site to be 1.3 instead of 1.48. I'm betting they just changed 1.48 to 1.3.

More importantly, please look through your files for Site 1.107 and see what the control channel frequency is. It'll be documented in the P25Data file. I don't see it in your previous post. But it'll be in the data file. And if you sit on Site 1.3 and hit "N" in DSDPlus, it will list the neighbors, the channel numbers of the neighbors, and the current control channel frequency of each of the neighbors. We would need that information to start figuring out what Site 1.107 is.

Mike

1.107 cc was noted here -

PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

Twister_2

Feed Provider
To those that submitted line painting talkgroups. Did you hear somebody refer to the specific talkgroup as a line painting talkgoup? I've been hearing line painting operations on the same talkgroups as plow operations.

I think a google sheet would be the easiest way for multiple listeners to make additions and edits to a list. I'm working on one now for myself but we should consider doing one for what we are now using the Wiki for. The sheet will make things a lot more organized and easier to navigate and edit.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Here are a few notes I took from recordings of this week. All were on the Ellendale VHF. Snow plow operations are dead giveaways for locations.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 2.20.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 2.20.43 PM.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 20

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
To those that submitted line painting talkgroups. Did you hear somebody refer to the specific talkgroup as a line painting talkgoup? I've been hearing line painting operations on the same talkgroups as plow operations.

I think a google sheet would be the easiest way for multiple listeners to make additions and edits to a list. I'm working on one now for myself but we should consider doing one for what we are now using the Wiki for. The sheet will make things a lot more organized and easier to navigate and edit.

Why not just use the wiki that is already out there? If everyone added to that, it'd be just as easy as a google sheet.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Why not just use the wiki that is already out there? If everyone added to that, it'd be just as easy as a google sheet.

For the reasons I mentioned. I think it's very clunky and difficult to navigate. There's no way to sort the data that's already in it like you can an excel sheet.

bearcat

Glenn-

Quite possible- however I didn't hear anyone from the DinnerBell shed on the channel during the storm the other night.
I agree there are more stockpiles/sheds than talkgroups. I believe the TGs cover an area. I believe that each county contains PennDot divisions. I am thinking that the TGs are assigned to a division. Recording which UIDs come up on a TG can help also. I see that someone posted TG11753 as Indiana Co., however every UID that I see on it belongs to units in Westmoreland Co. based on data from other Westmoreland TGs. I have also heard pothole patching, line painting, general road maintenance on TGs that are labelled line painting. So they use it for many purposes. I do believe the Flagger TGs may be accurate as I have heard the users say that they are going to a Flagger Channel, but I could be wrong. Also they have simplex P25 channels in their radios for flagging. They call it Walkie Talkie mode, but you need to be in the work zone to hear those.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
So is it safe to say the site has been renumbered and we can just change site 48 to site 3 and add the 1.107 neighbor?
Dumb question coming :LOL:
Why would they do this? :unsure: I mean why bother? :rolleyes: Seems there's more too it..
Also it seems the terminology is stockpile or garage, one or the other. Would the shed be a stockpile?
The term "shed" seems to be a holdover term from an earlier generation & interchangeable depending on the users/location, PennDOT's current documention uses "stockpile" regardless of a shed's presence (physical building) or not at a maintenance facility location..

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I agree there are more stockpiles/sheds than talkgroups. I believe the TGs cover an area. I believe that each county contains PennDot divisions. I am thinking that the TGs are assigned to a division. Recording which UIDs come up on a TG can help also. I see that someone posted TG11753 as Indiana Co., however every UID that I see on it belongs to units in Westmoreland Co. based on data from other Westmoreland TGs. I have also heard pothole patching, line painting, general road maintenance on TGs that are labelled line painting. So they use it for many purposes. I do believe the Flagger TGs may be accurate as I have heard the users say that they are going to a Flagger Channel, but I could be wrong. Also they have simplex P25 channels in their radios for flagging. They call it Walkie Talkie mode, but you need to be in the work zone to hear those.
Your observation about watching the UID's is a good one, and the 11753 would seem to fall into Westmoreland's TG range as well, BUT the units from one county do have access to neighboring county TG's so they can interop.. And these same units will sometimes (Since everything is new again with the new system) sometimes end up talking on a TG that doesn't seem to be native to that respective county.. Everybody needs to continue observing, With more time/patience it will all get figured out.. As more puzzle pieces become available, the picture will become clearer.. :) And this is what makes this a great hobby..

It seems like the Counties are divided into Districts/Sections that may have multiple stock piles in each section. Allegheny County has six sections. They also have the County main Talk group and another section used only for winter. All eight are being used for winter.
These sections are somewhat pie shaped. Wide at the far ends of the county leading towards Pittsburgh.
ie: Monroeville Section is 50, the Supervisor is Allegheny 5, the foreman goes by Allegheny 51 and so forth. The salt trucks just go by their truck number not the Section number.

bearcat

It seems like the Counties are divided into Districts/Sections that may have multiple stock piles in each section. Allegheny County has six sections. They also have the County main Talk group and another section used only for winter. All eight are being used for winter.
These sections are somewhat pie shaped. Wide at the far ends of the county leading towards Pittsburgh.
ie: Monroeville Section is 50, the Supervisor is Allegheny 5, the foreman goes by Allegheny 51 and so forth. The salt trucks just go by their truck number not the Section number.
Your correct, but frankly they are very poor at actually using any type of truck#. Most of it is just "Hey Bill you out there" "These radios are junk" is also popular on the air. The Cambria county folks are fairly good at preceeding their truck# with their section "Richland Truck 101" If they had better etiquette on the radio this would be easier LOL

bearcat

Your observation about watching the UID's is a good one, and the 11753 would seem to fall into Westmoreland's TG range as well, BUT the units from one county do have access to neighboring county TG's so they can interop.. And these same units will sometimes (Since everything is new again with the new system) sometimes end up talking on a TG that doesn't seem to be native to that respective county.. Everybody needs to continue observing, With more time/patience it will all get figured out.. As more puzzle pieces become available, the picture will become clearer.. :) And this is what makes this a great hobby..
I am putting the TG# in the alpha tag for the UIDs along with county and a truck name if I get lucky. I also include the UID# if I do not have a truck #. So if a UID shows up on more than one TG the alpha tag would look like this D 9-3 081/084 Cambria Co. 178xxxx The UID field is 64 characters so you can store a fair amount of data even though you cannot see it on a 436. The SDS100 can display all 64 characters on 4 separate lines which is nice. I think the Siren app may show all 64 characters also, but I cannot remember.

BM82557

Site 1.107, location currently unknown -

Screenshot - 12_1_2019 , 17_22_40.png

Nothing on 161.85 at my location -

Screenshot - 12_5_2019 , 21_03_08.png

Can someone located near Harrisburg, Holidaysburg/Altoona or Somerset/Bedford (or anywhere else for that matter) check out 161.8500 for an control channel for site 1.107 ?

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Ellendale area listeners. I got some hits today on 12151 that definitely wasn't Penndot. Lots of talking about keys for gates and a gator. "Yard to ASB We are leaving the area now. Please follow us and collect us at the rally point. Over" "Office to yard." Oh and they sang Black Betty at one point.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Ellendale area listeners. I got some hits today on 12151 that definitely wasn't Penndot. Lots of talking about keys for gates and a gator. "Yard to ASB We are leaving the area now. Please follow us and collect us at the rally point. Over" "Office to yard." Oh and they sang Black Betty at one point.

Any RID's? :unsure:

These have been observed on 12151
Possibly northwestern PA area units
1134008 DOT Unit TG 10098/12151
1134140 DOT Unit TG 12151
1134147 DOT Unit TG 12151

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

National Guard? ASB could = Aviation Support Battalion.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Site 1.107, location currently unknown -

View attachment 77683

Nothing on 161.85 at my location -

View attachment 77684

Can someone located near Harrisburg, Holidaysburg/Altoona or Somerset/Bedford (or anywhere else for that matter) check out 161.8500 for an control channel for site 1.107 ?

Agreed. Those who can pick up HUNT04, FRAN01, FRAN02 and BEDF02 should attempt to capture the last neighbor/peer list (with site Ids / cc frequencies of course). That would really help to narrow down where 1.107 is. Maybe 1.107 is going to be FULT40. I know FULT40 is licensed for different frequencies, but those frequencies are already in use by FULT40.

Mike