PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Unitrunker is indicating that the site is in WIDE mode now.

PS - Make sure to go to the Band Plan tab and click the red lightning bolt to "push to all sites" so that Unitrunker populates the actual control channel frequency, rather than the CH ID.

Will do, just getting used to v2 of UT.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Unitrunker is indicating that the site is in WIDE mode now.

PS - Make sure to go to the Band Plan tab and click the red lightning bolt to "push to all sites" so that Unitrunker populates the actual control channel frequency, rather than the CH ID.

Showing as a live neighbor on Pro96Com now, too. I guess I'll do one of my conference calls from the truck tomorrow and take a ride. I can't quite pull in the signal from home for a decode tonight. Maybe someone else can? If not, I'll get it tomorrow.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Showing as a live neighbor on Pro96Com now, too. I guess I'll do one of my conference calls from the truck tomorrow and take a ride. I can't quite pull in the signal from home for a decode tonight. Maybe someone else can? If not, I'll get it tomorrow.
I lost it for the night also. Perhaps they "turned it down"

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Nope.

Haven't traveled the road yet to see where it is... but Definitely not @ Faye 62 Signal way too low to be there.....

I'm not doubting what you say, but I will say that it's licensed for 825 Skyline Dr (FAYE62). So it's in the DB as such until / unless somebody definitively drives to FAYE01 and FAYE62 with antennas off and confirms that when at one site they get a much stronger signal than at the other.

Mike

talviar

I'm not doubting what you say, but I will say that it's licensed for 825 Skyline Dr (FAYE62). So it's in the DB as such until / unless somebody definitively drives to FAYE01 and FAYE62 with antennas off and confirms that when at one site they get a much stronger signal than at the other.

Mike
Check my license @ WPDS263
Site @ Location #1......
I was there 3 weeks ago.... Checked the Control Channel on 854.8875 with my Spectrum Analyzer.... Signal was below -90db with the antenna on the analyzer at the base of FAYE62's tower.

Going to 860.4625 (Control Channel for ICORRS Site 6/Fayette) with the antenna/analyzer floods out with a 20db attenuator on it...

Unfortunately I can't go for a joy ride on employer time with employer vehicle to RF site see.... haven't had a chance to make it back to the ridge with a personal vehicle to look. And further- the CC @ 854.8875 is not advertising any neighbors

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Check my license @ WPDS263
Site @ Location #1......
I was there 3 weeks ago.... Checked the Control Channel on 854.8875 with my Spectrum Analyzer.... Signal was below -90db with the antenna on the analyzer at the base of FAYE62's tower.

Going to 860.4625 (Control Channel for ICORRS Site 6/Fayette) with the antenna/analyzer floods out with a 20db attenuator on it...

Unfortunately I can't go for a joy ride on employer time with employer vehicle to RF site see.... haven't had a chance to make it back to the ridge with a personal vehicle to look. And further- the CC @ 854.8875 is not advertising any neighbors

Tony,

I get it. But we can't just guess which site it is if it's FCC licensed at that location. If it isn't advertising any neighbors, it probably isn't showing up on any neighbor lists and probably isn't in WIDE mode (or whatever they call it). I in no way am suggesting that you should go to FAYE01 or any other site, on work time or off work time, to verify where it's at. I'm just saying that it's in the DB as FAYE62 for now, since that's where it's licensed.

If the site isn't actively participating in the system yet because it is isolated, could it be that they are simply running off an exciter or with the amp powered down extremely low?

I know you know what you are doing. It's just that from the DB standpoint, there are too many "ifs" from this point. No neighbors reporting it online -- don't know if it's running at full power, etc.

Mike

talviar

Tony,

I get it. But we can't just guess which site it is if it's FCC licensed at that location. If it isn't advertising any neighbors, it probably isn't showing up on any neighbor lists and probably isn't in WIDE mode (or whatever they call it). I in no way am suggesting that you should go to FAYE01 or any other site, on work time or off work time, to verify where it's at. I'm just saying that it's in the DB as FAYE62 for now, since that's where it's licensed.

If the site isn't actively participating in the system yet because it is isolated, could it be that they are simply running off an exciter or with the amp powered down extremely low?

I know you know what you are doing. It's just that from the DB standpoint, there are too many "ifs" from this point. No neighbors reporting it online -- don't know if it's running at full power, etc.

Mike

I agree on too many what ifs..... which to me indicates that a non entry is better than putting it in the DB- hence the WIKI where all the sites appear under "site research"

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I agree on too many what ifs..... which to me indicates that a non entry is better than putting it in the DB- hence the WIKI where all the sites appear under "site research"

It was reported online by another user in Fayette. The site is licensed for Fayette. Even if it might be the wrong location in Fayette it is still likely to be in Fayette. Sites not online should not be in the DB ; sites for which a location and county aren't known shouldn't be in the DB. But if we have at least a good trust that it's in a specific county, and it has been confirmed as spewing RF with a proper System/Site ID, then per the admin handbook that admins follow it is fair game to be added.

Mike

PS: Okay, maybe we don't have a NAC (not required for addition to DB) or a System ID (which is required). So maybe I"m premature. So I have asked the person who posted on the forums to begin with to provide more information.

If he comes back reporting that the System iD is the PA*NET System ID, then I'm perfectly fine with it being in the DB -- as any other admin would be.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Question is.. Should it be added at all.. with scant info At this point.., was it even submitted? :unsure:

Scant? It's online. It's reporting as site 109. We know the frequency. Tony picked it up while at FAYE62. KB3MHF picked it up in Fayette Co. Ok, so we don't have the System ID (I should have asked the submitter to obtain it). It's in the DB for now. I have asked KB3MHF and the submitter if they could get the System ID and NAC Are we somehow suspecting that the System ID is not going to be the STARNET system ID?

Mike

kb3mhf

Don't get excited guys. I have a full scale signal from Smithfield. CC 854.8875, 854.4375. sysid 942, site 109.It is showing no peers. Maybe it wasn't running when you were up there Tony.