PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I guess they didn't want the filing to have false data... :unsure: (ie; lie about a site reported operational) probably aimed toward the bear in the air :geek: so no neighbors list...

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Very bizarre if it is indeed PHIL02, what with the 800 site recently coming online at the same location. If it is being used for air-to-ground, vs being part of the Harris system, that certainly raises the question of whether they'll be any changes to the Harris system going forward. It would certainly be easier to maintain one core vs two, and no need for ISSI linking.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
They'll stop there on their way to Oxford. Aren't we still missing a site out that way?
I thought it (Oxford) was either written off as not needed, or at least moved to the bottom of the chit list. :unsure:
I think they actually need to visit Newtown Square first (if you know what I mean) I'm sure the guys and gals operating in Delco would be much more appreciative than anyone in Oxford.. :geek: (But selfishly I'll admit it would be more fun as a hobbyist to see Oxford finally fired up)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Very bizarre if it is indeed PHIL02, what with the 800 site recently coming online at the same location. If it is being used for air-to-ground, vs being part of the Harris system, that certainly raises the question of whether they'll be any changes to the Harris system going forward. It would certainly be easier to maintain one core vs two, and no need for ISSI linking.
Quick followup to my post...a little birdie told me that the Harris sites will all be converted to ASTRO 25, and will become fully integrated with the STARNet P25 system. Timeline unknown, PHIL02 is just the beginning.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Quick followup to my post...a little birdie told me that the Harris sites will all be converted to ASTRO 25, and will become fully integrated with the STARNet P25 system. Timeline unknown, PHIL02 is just the beginning.
Sounds like a good idea. I hope the V/U overlay is kept also, just thinking out loud...

Blaze36

Premium Subscriber
I thought the system was to be VHF and 800MHz only and now there is this UHF site in Erie county.
This latest one is not the first one on UHF. As GTR8000 said it might not be as popular but one thing I can tell you is that UHF has been broadcast in the transmitted bandplan from the control channels for quite some time.

Honestly, a UHF site or 3 wouldn't be a bad idea in places like Pittsburgh where the city and county is all UHF analog. The APX radios they bought when they narrowbanded would then be able to operate (after reprogramming or flash upgrading if necessary) on the new state system should the need arise. This goes for any other city/county area that is already heavily invested in UHF, as well as places like Penn State or other govt campus sites. This is likely the case in Erie County where they are almost ready to migrate to the new UHF P25 Next Generation Public Safety Radio System.

Blaze36

Premium Subscriber
The last meeting I attended with the Commonwealth, they were looking to tying different bands into the system where the need was.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Any talk about when DCNR will join the system?
I am also interested in DCNR at Washington crossing State Park, Neshaminy State Park and Tyler State Park.

I assume they will be E like the rest of the system?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I am also interested in DCNR at Washington crossing State Park, Neshaminy State Park and Tyler State Park.

I assume they will be E like the rest of the system?
See posting 1987 in this thread.
Thanks, so they are testing in Pittsburgh.

I guess we just wait and see about Bucks County and if they will be E or not.

From what I've gathered reading here the whole system will be E.

I look forward to any updates on the DCNR.

I live near the PSP Trevose barracks and I have been told that definitely will be E.

Thanks again... Bob.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
From what I've gathered reading here the whole system will be E.
It was never stated that the "whole system will be encrypted". It was stated that the PSP will be fully encrypted, however all you need to do is look at the system in the database to see that agencies such as DOT, the Game Commission, and Turnpike Commission are in the clear.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
It was never stated that the "whole system will be encrypted". It was stated that the PSP will be fully encrypted, however all you need to do is look at the system in the database to see that agencies such as DOT, the Game Commission, and Turnpike Commission are in the clear.
That's very promising news, since the system has not been finalized I wasn't sure regardless of what the database was saying because when it's completed you never know what final decisions will be made.

I feel more optimistic about DCNR Park Rangers now in the three State Parks I frequent on a regular basis.

Thanks for the clarification I've been looking for.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks like several agencies are rolling out new radios in the Harrisburg area.
Would be helpful if folks there started paying more attention, maybe logging some info.

Caught DOH EMS this week, briefly. On OpenSky, DOH had a number of talkgroups for Bureau of EMS ops and also for hospital emergency nets. See attached image.

13081 was identified as "ESF 8 Statewide" with units IDing as "EMS 4" and "Bureau of EMS".

Attachments

• 20190905_211953.jpg
    20190905_211953.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 22

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
PennDOT has several talkgroups active in the Harrisburg area. I heard tons of traffic from both York Co and Cumberland Co maintenance crews, as well as some unidentified DOT talkgroups, as well.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
This morning's update should put a few questions to bed. There was an error in the db software that will need fixed before the groups not marked E can be fixed as well as getting the Operations TGs in the right spot.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
This morning's update should put a few questions to bed. There was an error in the db software that will need fixed before the groups not marked E can be fixed as well as getting the Operations TGs in the right spot.

Those air-ground talkgroups are PSP, not interop. DB is being glitchy for me. It let me move them out of the interop group, but won't let me re-order them. See if it'll let you re-order them.