PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
In Addition, There's probably a better resource, But I found this pdf document which lists some stockpiles and such for the state.. (Beyond what Hundeesport412 has already put in the wiki..

There is this map and the associated downloadable data:

I just have not had time to massage the spreadsheet and put it into the wiki.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Looks like 1.65 has boosted it's power/coverage today to the ESE, perhaps an indication of the Oxford sites' fate :unsure:

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I dont suppose anyone in the SE area was doing logging or monitoring on the new system last night?

Trooper 2 was working with PSP Avondale on SE Air in the 21:00-23:00 timeframe. Big search going on.

Unfortunately, most of the comms I logged on the old 700 system were garbled...wasn't around to relocate the scanner to clear them up.

One tidbit I was able to make out was Trooper 2 suggesting several times for the ground personnel to switch their portables to VLAW31. I could not make out most of the comms, but considering Trooper 2 never stopped working on SE Air, I have to guess the folks on the ground couldn't figure out how to find the channel.

So, anybody have loggings of whether or not 10094 was clear or enc on the new system?

@u2brent, I'm looking at you.

So is the 700MHz Air-Ground system becoming obsolete? Is this new Statewide P25 system taking its place?

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
Site 105 - Dingmans Ferry (PIKE31) - 151.2875

Neither site online yet.
I havent read much of the comments but i saw Dingmans Ferry pike 31 What are you referring to what agency is this for ? And are you able to hear anything Thanks

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any updates on DCNR joining the system in NW PA? Seems like they should be doing something by now?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I havent read much of the comments but i saw Dingmans Ferry pike 31 What are you referring to what agency is this for ? Thanks
Site 105 is Dingmans Ferry, and has been online for a few weeks now. I'm not sure what you mean by "what agency is this for". You are aware that this is a statewide system that is gradually replacing the OpenSky system, correct? The PSP are the first agency to migrate to these new sites, and will be followed eventually by others.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
Site 105 is Dingmans Ferry, and has been online for a few weeks now. I'm not sure what you mean by "what agency is this for". You are aware that this is a statewide system that is gradually replacing the OpenSky system, correct? The PSP are the first agency to migrate to these new sites, and will be followed eventually by others.
Are you actually able to hear stuff now ? is it a trunked system or do i just program in 151.287500 and I will hear stuff.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
Im somewhat new to this scanning so please bear with me . Are the talkgroups for Blooming Grove and Honesdale up and running for the State Police . I have a whistler ws1080 and its allowing me to put in the site frequencies but not allowing me to add the talkgroups. Im thinking im doing something wrong .

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Im somewhat new to this scanning so please bear with me . Are the talkgroups for Blooming Grove and Honesdale up and running for the State Police . I have a whistler ws1080 and its allowing me to put in the site frequencies but not allowing me to add the talkgroups. Im thinking im doing something wrong .
Sounds like you're programming as conventional standalone frequencies instead of programming as a P25 trunked system.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
Im in the EZ scan software for whistler i clicked on p25 clicked the site for Dingmans and clicked those talkgroups and they say they are unassigned ??

Attachments

• Screenshot (684) copy.jpg
    Screenshot (684) copy.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
People don't read.
Exactly. No matter how many countless times it has been posted in countless threads, and noted in the RRDB...people are still asking how to listen to the PSP. I suspect it will never fully sink in to some.

Speaking of repeating the same thing over and over again...is there any point in asking about stuff like DCNR, when clearly no one has a definitive timetable for their migration (or they aren't sharing it)? That question has been asked half a dozen times over the past few months, mostly by the same person. The answer is simple: Monitor your local STARNet P25 sites, and when you start to hear DCNR activity, that's when they've started testing and/or using the system.