PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I picked up 10189 Tunkhck yesterday or maybe today. I got Mansfield first but that may have been part of the testing. I am now working on RID's. I have accumulated 50 so far, and cross referencing with help of the wiki I'll have a better idea as to who is talking.

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
Although I have Scenery Hill (Washington County) programmed in my BCD996P2 along with Claysville, I never heard from the site yet. I noticed the RadioReference lists the control channel for Scenery Hill as 159.3325 MHz but when I referenced the WQVVF847 FCC data it listed the frequency 159.3225 MHz. I am confused at the discrepancy. Just was wondering if anyone in Washington County ever monitored the Scenery Hill site.

u2brent

OAMPT
Although I have Scenery Hill (Washington County) programmed in my BCD996P2 along with Claysville, I never heard from the site yet. I noticed the RadioReference lists the control channel for Scenery Hill as 159.3325 MHz but when I referenced the WQVVF847 FCC data it listed the frequency 159.3225 MHz. I am confused at the discrepancy. Just was wondering if anyone in Washington County ever monitored the Scenery Hill site.

Do you get a CC on 159.3225 could have been a typo when discovered online, of course the FCC could have a mistake as well :unsure:
RR DB
Wiki
FCC
Can someone RX the site with DSD+ or other software and provide a report?

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Did you try replacing the frequency? 159.3325 with 159.3225
Can you pick either up conventionally?
I think it's a typo that was never caught, but we need to confirm it..

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
I am changing the frequency to 159.3225 in ARCXT PRO to see if that makes a difference then I will upload it to the scanner.

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
I am changing the frequency to 159.3225 in ARCXT PRO to see if that makes a difference then I will upload it to the scanner.
I uploaded the PA StarNet P25 with 159.3225 MHz for Scenery Hill and still get "Finding CtrlChannel". I might be out-of-range for reception.

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
I just entered direct entered 159.3225 MHz and made sure the squelch was on 2. I still don't hear anything but radio static and see no sign of a control channel. I am on the other side of Claysville going away from Washington/Scenery Hill so I might be out of range. The other day I did here the State Game Commission on the McDonald 800 MHz site most of the day but the site is silent now. I will keep trying to see if I can hear Scenery Hill while awaiting the long-waited return of First Energy whenever they show up. Thanks for the quick reply - Appreciate it.

u2brent

OAMPT
I believe the discrepancy begins here..

u2brent

OAMPT
You must be out of range. None the less we need to get that site re-verified. and then correct what needs corrected..

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate the help and I will try and do whatever I can here but I am afraid I am out-of-range. I not experienced with programming individual sites manually - just been uploading them from here. If I can help let me know but if I am out-of-range I guess I can't be much help, Again, appreciate the replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
159.3325 is not a valid frequency by FCC standards, so it appears that jiminpgh had a typo in his post and it found its way into the database.

159.3225 is the correct frequency.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
The other day I did here the State Game Commission on the McDonald 800 MHz site most of the day but the site is silent now. I will keep trying to see if I can hear Scenery Hill while awaiting the long-waited return of First Energy whenever they show up. Thanks for the quick reply - Appreciate it.

This is pretty much how it is going to be for a lot of folks...one day you may hear traffic and another day, none at all (even if there is still traffic on that talkgroup). Since most of the system is made up of standalone Astro Site Repeaters, you will usually only hear radio traffic if there is a user radio affiliated to the talkgroups you are trying to hear. No PGC radio affiliated? No PGC traffic. For the hobbyist, it can be frustrating because there may not be any consistency to what you can and cannot hear, especially in more rural locations with fewer radios within a particular tower's coverage area. But, still more fun than OpenSky....