PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
all 3 of the above! anything submitted, that I work, will be confirmed and checked, before adding into the DB.. Have several private contacts in various state agencies..

1 Email from a State /\/\oto rep, says were still short about 1,274 active TG in our DB system.... There also still adding NEW TG's, into the system every week. about 15 - 25 new TG per week...

Still like 11 primary tower sites to go online, and like 23 sub sites, and quite a few First Energy sites to go.

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
all 3 of the above! anything submitted, that I work, will be confirmed and checked, before adding into the DB.. Have several private contacts in various state agencies..

1 Email from a State /\/\oto rep, says were still short about 1,274 active TG in our DB system.... There also still adding NEW TG's, into the system every week. about 15 - 25 new TG per week...

Still like 11 primary tower sites to go online, and like 23 sub sites, and quite a few First Energy sites to go.
And probably all going to be encrypted

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
For DCNR, any idea why the Fire talkgroups are encrypted?
Also looks like each park only has one TG, where under the old system they may have had 3 or 4 channels? I don't see how one TG would be sufficient for all their operations.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Everything that gets out in the wild regarding STARNET is subject to change. Since the system is still being built out and agencies are making changes to codeplugs, everything should be assumed to be fluid.

This is one reason why massive data dumps into the database probably are not the best way to go, even though some folks get twitchy when there is a bunch of stuff in the wiki that is not in the database. There is literally no way to confirm whether a talkgroup is what someone's source said it was going to be until that agency is using the new radios in the area in question.

Just my thought for the day....

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin

If you have a contact with them would you reference the information in post #2724 thru #2759 and forward it to them? I tried emailing the PSP radio dept about it and have only heard crickets in response...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The SRND are not fans of this site as it is, so perhaps some things are better left unsaid, unposted, etc. such as shouting out MSI contacts in a public thread, emailing the state to ask about site frequencies, etc. Let sleeping dogs lie. :cautious:

phillydjdan

And people wonder why comms go dark! No concept of discretion whatsoever. Noone realizes that comm vendors don't like us publishing the information they sold to thier customers as "secret" or "secure". This is why the hobby is dying, kids! *End rant*

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
And people wonder why comms go dark! No concept of discretion whatsoever. Noone realizes that comm vendors don't like us publishing the information they sold to thier customers as "secret" or "secure". This is why the hobby is dying, kids! *End rant*
Exactly. I see in the next 10 years or even less, we won't be able to listen to any public safety. It'll all be encrypted. Thanks to cell phone scanner apps etc. It's a shame. I've been a scanner listener for 35 years. Had my 1st 10 channel handheld from radio shack at age 10. Been a ham operator since 1994. The hobby is dying. Lots of areas are choosing to go dark.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Was curious as to why I have not seen a single J6 radio affiliate in over 24 hrs, Seems more than just the station was closed, The only units working on the J6 TG are out of other J Troops and being dispatched by J1.

1602050579174.png
No J6 Mobiles or Portables seem to be in operation. Interesting.. Hope they're all OK..

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
This may be a stupid question, but when looking through the state licenses, how can one tell if it's for the P25 system or for the OpenSky system?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
This may be a stupid question, but when looking through the state licenses, how can one tell if it's for the P25 system or for the OpenSky system?
The OpenSky frequencies seem to have a common emissions designator of 20K0F9W, but this is used as a blanket designator to cover multiple emissions types. The newer P25 frequencies have P25 designators beginning with 8K or 9K