PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
So I asked this back in the summer prior to heading back to work. Since I'm back for some unexpected additional time off, are there any sites that need closer examination with Unitrunker/Pro96Com/DSD+FL? Are there any sites suspected of being on the air that users haven't confirmed?

Travel distance is not a concern.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
So I asked this back in the summer prior to heading back to work. Since I'm back for some unexpected additional time off, are there any sites that need closer examination with Unitrunker/Pro96Com/DSD+FL? Are there any sites suspected of being on the air that users haven't confirmed?

If you check the database, there were recently several new sites confirmed. We are still looking to confirm voice channels for anything that has only the CC and alt CC.

Sites in McKean, Elk, and Jefferson may not be online, yet, but should be online over the next few months. All three counties are covered by surrounding sites. The remaining sites help fill in the coverage in the steep valleys in those areas. Beyond that, the Columbia/Montour simulcast still needs to come online. Timeframe is unknown for that.

The 10 phase 1 air-ground sites are being converted soon, so those will need to be confirmed.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

Forgot to add that the Clearfield Co sites need data. One was added to the database with incomplete info. There should be a second site over there that needs to be checked.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
If you check the database, there were recently several new sites confirmed. We are still looking to confirm voice channels for anything that has only the CC and alt CC.

Sites in McKean, Elk, and Jefferson may not be online, yet, but should be online over the next few months. All three counties are covered by surrounding sites. The remaining sites help fill in the coverage in the steep valleys in those areas. Beyond that, the Columbia/Montour simulcast still needs to come online. Timeframe is unknown for that.

Good deal, I'll add it to the project list.

The 10 phase 1 air-ground sites are being converted soon, so those will need to be confirmed.

You're referring to them being merged into this system, correct?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Good deal, I'll add it to the project list.

You're referring to them being merged into this system, correct?

Yes, as the phase 1 sites are converted, they should be added into the 942 system as additional sites.

Beyond the few remaining sites up there in the NW hinterlands and the Columbia/Montour sites, there could be a few additional fill-ins added, but nothing is confirmed.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Will the 700MHz sites assist ground coverage, or will they be used strictly for Air use? I am about 2 miles from the WEST03 700MHz tower, so I'll keep an eye out for when it goes off air for a bit.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I have been getting way more hits than usual on the ALLE Simulcast site. I'm getting State Police hits from all over the state, to include Troops A, B, D, G, J and M. I usually only get Troops A, B, and occasionally D. I am also getting PGC Northwest talkgroups in addition to the Southwest Talkgroups

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Looming at my log from last evening for Devault VHF:

PSP Statewide
PSP J Tac 2
PSP M Tac 1
PSP P Tac 1
PSP SE Air
PSP York
PSP Lancaster
PSP Avondale
PSP Embreeville
PSP Philly
PSP Media
PSP Skippack
PSP Reading
PSP Frackville
PSP Hamburg
PSP Schuylkill Haven
PSP Bethlehem
PSP Dublin
PSP Trevose
PSP Fogelsville
PSP Hazleton
PSP Bloomsburg
PSP Fern Ridge
PSP Lehighton
PSP Stroudsburg
PSP Laporte
PSP Blooming Grove
PSP Gibson
PSP Ops 1

Needless to say, that’s not typical. Devault usually gets a mix of K, J (Embreeville, Avondale, Lancaster), and L (Reading) cars.

Alot of "Grants" on group 10212 just now on Phila02 12013xx, 12014xx RID's (protests etc in Philly...again)

Last edited:

phillydjdan

Had the unfortunate opportunity to assist with traffic control at the road rage murder on I-95 a week ago and the 2 PennDOT tow trucks on scene didn't appear to have any antenna on the roof like they normally do. Either they were in the middle of the swap or they went with 800 radios with the short whip...

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
I noticed McDonald site 858.8625 control channel in Washington County appears to be off-air. I have been getting it at 5-bar power since it came on and today no bars at all. Just wondering if anybody else notices this.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I noticed McDonald site 858.8625 control channel in Washington County appears to be off-air. I have been getting it at 5-bar power since it came on and today no bars at all. Just wondering if anybody else notices this.

Could be doing work on the site. No one has confirmed whether it will become a two-site simulcast cell, but if it's off the air, something is likely going on.

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber

Could be doing work on the site. No one has confirmed whether it will become a two-site simulcast cell, but if it's off the air, something is likely going on.
The McDonald site in Washington County just went 5-bar signal again. They must have been working on it.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I'm picking up traffic on TGID 11570 from the Devault 800 site and the Newtown Square 800 site. I couldn't find it in the database.
"on the on-ramp to I476 southbound"
"we're getting off at the Norristown exit"
"side-by-side"
"Montgomery"

Earlier they were talking about going around the wrecker

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I'm picking up traffic on TGID 11570 from the Devault 800 site and the Newtown Square 800 site. I couldn't find it in the database.
"on the on-ramp to I476 southbound"
"we're getting off at the Norristown exit"
"side-by-side"
"Montgomery"

Earlier they were talking about going around the wrecker
PENDOT, Montco I believe.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
The First Energy rollout seems to have made it to the east side of the state. Caught several talkgroups active on CHES02 today. Unfortunately, none of the recorded hits logged any of the RIDS. Annoying, but oh well. It's almost as annoying as someone overwriting anything I put in the wiki. So, I'll add this here and someone else can put it in the wiki.

40000 - identified in a radio check as the "DCC" or distribution control center.
40008 - silent key ups
40012 - silent key ups
40015 - silent key ups
40016 - silent key ups
40019 - silent key ups
40084 - somebody calling DCC for a radio check
40099 - unit calling Boyertown Line for a radio check
40165 - multiple units chatting about hearing each other, then a unit calling Boyertown Line for a radio check

The other FE system give some insight into how things may be broken up. First Energy Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I got some logging software redirected back to the CHES02 site. I had the audacity to log some other sites and somebody new showed up while I wasn’t looking.

4200248 unaffiliate
4200251 on 40099
4200255 on 40000
4200260 on 40165
4200263 on 40000
4200270 on 40000, 40006, 40008, 40010
4200272 unaffiliate
4200273 on 40000
4200274 refused