PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Update on Site 48 "ECEN Simulcast", although no specifics as to which sites are currently active. Perhaps someone in the area can sleuth out the various sites with antenna removed from the scanner/receiver to determine that.

NAC 941

161.8625a
161.900c

View attachment 106711
In my personal opinion they should added the Millville site (CLOU02) as part of the ECEN simulcast tower network seeing that it covers the NW part of Columbia county and the far north of Montour county.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Any clue as to if PA DCNR will add the Air Region TG's to STARNet that were on the Air-Ground System?

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Any clue as to if PA DCNR will add the Air Region TG's to STARNet that were on the Air-Ground System?
I imagine they are there they just haven't used them yet maybe? I never heard them much on my local A-G site (LYCO01) before the switch to phase 2.

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Venango and Warren peeps, been seeing TG 40186 on the Seneca site, sounds like school buses in Warren co. Heard one of them say the other day that a student needed to go to north Tionesta st which shows up in Kane. Just wondering anyone else has ID'd this TG.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Venango and Warren peeps, been seeing TG 40186 on the Seneca site, sounds like school buses in Warren co. Heard one of them say the other day that a student needed to go to north Tionesta st which shows up in Kane. Just wondering anyone else has ID'd this TG.

Probably ATA. 425xxxx RIDS have been showing up on the Global Command talkgroup recently...probably from radios where the zone is changed accidentally. ATA was an OpenSky user for many years.

harvick21

Premium Subscriber
TGID 40186 hearing on Allegheny Reg Simulcast..transportation company, patient run from Emporium to Ridgeway. Might be Ride ATA.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Very interesting. I actually haven’t heard anything on this system in Luzerne County in a week or two. All I ever hear is the Game Commission and they’re not always crazy busy but it’s been even quieter than normal here lately.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
It's either an error, Or they dropped the 700 A/G site for the new 800 WQUX870 at LUZE01 😕

Last edited:

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
It's either an error, or they dropped the 700 A/G site for the new 800 at LUZE01

It could be an error which is why I said seems to have. However, it was in the license that GTR8000 recently posted. I lost the signal then renamed the file Tower001115.Old. When I got the signal back I got the 856.0375 back. I can occasionally get LACK53. If I go up on the hill I get a 5 bar signal on LACK53, which may show this as a neighbor as well. But I'm not going to do it tonight.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
700 and 800 MHz are considered a single band with P25, and the frequencies can be intermixed at sites. It seems pretty clear from that screenshot that LUZE01 is now operating on an 800 MHz control channel. It would have to be a pretty weird error for it to display one of the newly licensed frequencies at that site. Whether they've retained the 700 MHz frequencies at LUZE01 or changed it over to 800 MHz exclusively remains to be seen.

It wouldn't be surprising to see them change out the Air-Ground sites from 700 MHz to 800 MHz frequencies, seeing as how the state allocated 700 MHz frequencies are at a premium and are shared by neighboring states. The aircraft wouldn't care either way, same difference.

Last edited:

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
It wouldn't be surprising to see them change out 700 MHz sites with 800 MHz frequencies, seeing as how the state allocated 700 MHz frequencies are at a premium and are shared by neighboring states. The aircraft wouldn't care either way, same difference.
I was wondering if they would be using some of the old opensky 800 freqs as they will eventually turn off equipment. Will be nice to not hear the band polluted with the 800 crap from opensky.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I was wondering if they would be using some of the old opensky 800 freqs as they will eventually turn off equipment. Will be nice to not hear the band polluted with the 800 crap from opensky.
I haven't done a deep dive into the 800 frequencies used at every site, but so far it seems that they have licensed new 800 frequencies at these sites rather than reuse the same OpenSky frequencies in the area. Probably because OpenSky is technically still an active system.

By the way, the 800 MHz site at Mt Pocono suddenly makes sense. Not sure why I didn't realize earlier that it's probably intended as an Air-Ground site.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone verify if any additional existing broken sky sites in Montco and Berks have been transitioned over to the new system yet?

From my location I can not receive any of the current listed sites from the Eastern portion of Montco and the only Berks site listed is Port Clinton, which is no good for me either.

Im on the Berks/ Montco line and occasionally when the wind blows , I can grab a Chester VHF site but that’s it.
I know there was a broken sky site on Mt Penn and one at the Penndot shack in Limerick right off 422 by the outlets and either of those would be perfect for me, but I can’t seem to locate anything else I can decode based on listings here.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I haven't done a deep dive into the 800 frequencies used at every site, but so far it seems that they have licensed new 800 frequencies at these sites rather than reuse the same OpenSky frequencies in the area. Probably because OpenSky is technically still an active system.

By the way, the 800 MHz site at Mt Pocono suddenly makes sense. Not sure why I didn't realize earlier that it's probably intended as an Air-Ground site.
I am aware of two sites currently utilizing open scab licensed frequencies, they should not be ruled out..