PA troopers shot last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
You two moaning and whining about cell service when one officer is dead and another injured is pitiful.Grow up

Sent from my PMID800 using Tapatalk

Mule,You are right. I am sorry. This is not the place for this conversation about cell service.

Mike

Steveradio

working up here and being in private communities work very close with law enforcement and even have direct communications with us. Doing half hour time checks, riding double to most routine calls and now having thousands of people listen in. Gets nerve racking, wearing a gun and badge they dont care if your public safety or police.

One reason why believe 10- codes should come back

Any News?

I know I am from Peoria,IL but I was curious if he has been caught or not. I have not heard anything on him in a while. Could someone give me an update. I am also going to search Google. Just found something on the FBI website. I am just a concern person. I express my condoles to the troopers that got shot also. Very sad.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Anthony, unless he was caught in the last few hours (which I doubt), the best source of information IMHO is the Allentown newspaper http://www.mcall.com/. It has more detailed and background information than I've not heard or seen on AP, Reuters, the Philadelphia print and broadcast media, the 3 OTA networks, CNN, or Fox. The paper continued posting news over the weekend; Monday's lead is Eric Frien helped with Boy Scouts. Obviously when the shooter is caught I assume Fox and CNN will break the story first, after Twitter explodes. The Morning Call Twitter account is @mcall, and you could search the hashtag #MorningCall. HTH.

Last edited:

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
700MHz comms

The State Attorney General's 700 MHz system has been used by a/c since the incident around the clock. They also have a CP and a "Watch Ops" base in operation on this system. Several new talkgroups have popped up. ID 37 is Air Tac One; ID's 63481 and 1366 were in use at the scene. I'm listening to the Geigertown site which is relaying the comms from the scene. I'm using the search mode on the 396XT / 436HP. I first heard about the incident when I heard a PSP helo call in that they were picking up the "General" at the Johnstown airport after the shooting. Our thoughts and prayers are with the troopers and their families and we hope the incident comes to a safe ending.

Rich

dmg1969

Rich, I am in the Harrisburg area and have heard comms too, but I don't think the TGIDs should be made public for security concerns. I purposefully did not post any of them. You may want to redact your post. Just my opinion.

Anthony, unless he was caught in the last few hours (which I doubt), the best source of information IMHO is the Allentown newspaper Allentown, Lehigh Valley news from The Morning Call and mcall.com - The Morning Call. It has more detailed and background information than I've not heard or seen on AP, Reuters, the Philadelphia print and broadcast media, the 3 OTA networks, CNN, or Fox. The paper continued posting news over the weekend; Monday's lead is Eric Frien helped with Boy Scouts. Obviously when the shooter is caught I assume Fox and CNN will break the story first, after Twitter explodes. The Morning Call Twitter account is @mcall, and you could search the hashtag #MorningCall. HTH.

Thank you Tom for the information. I didnt know anything about the Allentown newspaper.

Dei2Racing

You two moaning and whining about cell service when one officer is dead and another injured is pitiful.Grow up

Sent from my PMID800 using Tapatalk
I too am sorry for being a butt head. I am shocked they really don't have anything. They are going door to door where I live now.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Rich, I am in the Harrisburg area and have heard comms too, but I don't think the TGIDs should be made public for security concerns. I purposefully did not post any of them. You may want to redact your post. Just my opinion.

If you scan this system in the search mode, all the tgid's will show up anyway. I did not show several tgid's that were active because of the content, but they can be easily found.
The Border Patrol has a helo assisting PSP; Id's as Falcon on the two linked FBI freqs in use in the area.

Happy Monitoring,

Rich

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if posting info about comms used in the search (freqs, TGs, chatter heard, etc.) could be regarded as "aiding and abetting" a fugitive? This question has surely been asked before in other manhunts. Sharing what was heard is an outright violation of the Communications Act of 1934 and one or more of its additions/amendments. Is it any wonder that agencies encrypt their comms? If anyone is prosecuted for doing this, let us all know here in the forum....

kennyblues

If you scan this system in the search mode, all the tgid's will show up anyway. I did not show several tgid's that were active because of the content, but they can be easily found.
The Border Patrol has a helo assisting PSP; Id's as Falcon on the two linked FBI freqs in use in the area.

Happy Monitoring,

Rich

FBI helicopter call sign in New England has been confirmed as Falcon. CBP OAM aircraft use Omaha call sign.

Subliminal87

I wonder if posting info about comms used in the search (freqs, TGs, chatter heard, etc.) could be regarded as "aiding and abetting" a fugitive? This question has surely been asked before in other manhunts. Sharing what was heard is an outright violation of the Communications Act of 1934 and one or more of its additions/amendments. Is it any wonder that agencies encrypt their comms? If anyone is prosecuted for doing this, let us all know here in the forum....

Then isn't hosting anything then including dispatches a violation? They need to update/correct laws.

Dei2Racing

Be glad your not in the zone I am 10 miles out and everything new I have found is encrypted. Customs has at 3 birds here maybe 4. NJ still has one, PSP 3 at least. Plus fixed winged air craft.

Power was knocked out one night from a chopper down draft. Been numerous accidents between police and civilian cars.

Lots of random lockdown of roads developments etc. Some days its a pain just to get to the store and back.

Steveradio

Its not easy site i know many that live in that area as well, with the leaves falling hopefully visibility becomes better than just 10ft in front of you. those are very dense, thick foliage in that area from valleys, deep terrain to wet lands.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
Its official Eric Frein has been caught and is on his way to Blooming Grove PSP station.
Congrats to all the law enforcement involved and thank you.

Steveradio

"Yankee Base (Pocono Regional PD) to all monitors be advised one male 10-15 (In Custody) for the State Police man hunt"

Best announcement heard all night

Pretty much all Digital radio transmissions stopped as well now, back to normal.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
"Yankee Base (Pocono Regional PD) to all monitors be advised one male 10-15 (In Custody) for the State Police man hunt"

Best announcement heard all night

Pretty much all Digital radio transmissions stopped as well now, back to normal.

Was very interesting and exciting to hear he was finally caught and it wasn't another sighting. Wish I had recorded it, heard the start of the search and then that the US Marshalls had someone in custody. For some reason 700mhz was not encrypted the last few days, but could only hear one side.
One interesting thing was hearing the psp helicopters directing the out of the area psp units how to get out of the area

Status
Not open for further replies.