PA Turnpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP2

It been a while since I've been on the PA TPK. Has the TPK Police & Maintenance completely switch onto the P25 system? I'm getting ready for a trip to Cleveland Ohio getting on at Breezewood.
Thanks
Mike

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I monitor District 4 everyday. Goes from Delaware bridge to Morgantown including the Northeast Extension. They are on the open scam system but are repeated on 155.13 pl 77.0

TOP2

Thanks got it. I also dug down deeper into the forums here and found because of Covid they never moved to the P25 system and wouldn't until 2024 unless there is an update to the timeline.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Thanks got it. I also dug down deeper into the forums here and found because of Covid they never moved to the P25 system and wouldn't until 2024 unless there is an update to the timeline.
The Turnpike has plans to build out their own P25 system on 700 MHz, that is what has been pushed off until 2024 or whenever. That is unrelated to the STARNet P25 system that the rest of the commonwealth is using. The Turnpike never planned on switching to the STARNet system, however PSP Troop T patrols do have talkgroups on that system. In fact they were just added to the RRDB, however as with all PSP talkgroups, they are strapped secure.

firepup31

Premium Subscriber
The Troop T on the Turnpike is fully P25 now, they still can talk on the old VHF system. The Mtc/Fire/EMS/Tow companies are still on the VHF system but also using AT&T Firstnet radios which are patched with the VHF.

CommJunkie

FYI, EMS units appear to begin with 6 instead of 7 as listed on the database page. E. Whiteland EMS is 6370, Uwchlan is 6235-6239. It would stand to reason that they all begin with 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.