Status
Not open for further replies.

W3DMV

Some time ago I had posted a list of licenses in the FCC files
for trunked systems 150-170 Mhz.
The thoughts were that this would someday become the new
system for PSP and others. I can't find where the original list
is posted so I started a new thread.
This list does not contain the mobile frequencies. (Many)
I put everything in a data base so I could sort by category. Hope
you find it helpful if they ever construct the system.

Info is current to 12/12/16

Attachments

• PA_VHF_MAPH.jpg
    PA_VHF_MAPH.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 961
  • BY_COUNTY.pdf
    40.5 KB · Views: 314
  • BY_CALL.pdf
    41 KB · Views: 170
  • BY_FREQ.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 165
  • BY_LOCATION.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 190

n3zra

If I understand the system will be VHF/800 hybrid, using VHF where 800 coverage has been poor or marginal at best.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
800Mhz will be used in the southeastern corner of the state, the Harrisburg area, and the Pittsburgh area. The rest of the state will be VHF. Work is underway to get the pilot testing in Warren County started over the winter. Initial sites will be those in Warren. Phase two of the rollout will expand to the surrounding counties (Erie, Crawford, etc). A site will also be active in Harrisburg during the P25 testing. So, folks in those areas should be on the lookout for new activity over the next few months.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
800Mhz will be used in the southeastern corner of the state, the Harrisburg area, and the Pittsburgh area. The rest of the state will be VHF. Work is underway to get the pilot testing in Warren County started over the winter. Initial sites will be those in Warren. Phase two of the rollout will expand to the surrounding counties (Erie, Crawford, etc). A site will also be active in Harrisburg during the P25 testing. So, folks in those areas should be on the lookout for new activity over the next few months.

The 800 mhz portion of the system, will that remain OpenSky or will that transition to P25 ?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Everything will be migrated to P25. There is no concrete drop dead date for the OpenSky at this point. Since the P25 deployment will be phased in regionally, both systems will be active during a several year period. Proposed rollout may go NW, SW, SC, SE, NE, NC areas if there are no deviations from the current plan. So, I would expect to start seeing things pop up out your way in 3 years or so. That is just my best guess time wise.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Everything will be migrated to P25. There is no concrete drop dead date for the OpenSky at this point. Since the P25 deployment will be phased in regionally, both systems will be active during a several year period. Proposed rollout may go NW, SW, SC, SE, NE, NC areas if there are no deviations from the current plan. So, I would expect to start seeing things pop up out your way in 3 years or so. That is just my best guess time wise.

Another question, All of the subscriber radios both Harris Opensky and the Motorola APX's are P25 capable correct ? So it would be just a matter of reprogramming then

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I thought the P7200 series radios we have are only Phase 1 capable (they do P25 conventional already) which means new subscriber gear will be needed moving forward...especially for any agency needing the multiband capability to roam between VHF and 800 areas. Motorola APX, Harris XG multiband, etc... Not every agency or user would need multiband. Fixed facilities or offices whose AOR falls entirely within a single band footprint would likely save money by buying single band gear. But, all the subscriber equipment purchasing fall on the individual state agencies with potential for guidance from the radio office folks, should an agency seek such guidance.

W3DMV

The FCC says it is a convention license (not trunked)
And for renewal only..

The list posted above are are for all trunked
Licenses and are expected to become their
new system if it ever gets constructed.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I thought the P7200 series radios we have are only Phase 1 capable (they do P25 conventional already) which means new subscriber gear will be needed moving forward...especially for any agency needing the multiband capability to roam between VHF and 800 areas. Motorola APX, Harris XG multiband, etc... Not every agency or user would need multiband. Fixed facilities or offices whose AOR falls entirely within a single band footprint would likely save money by buying single band gear. But, all the subscriber equipment purchasing fall on the individual state agencies with potential for guidance from the radio office folks, should an agency seek such guidance.

I think you are correct the P7200's are only Phase 1, if they can be converted to Phase 2 I have no clue. Now the APX's are Phase 2 capable, if they are currently flashed with that capability or not I am unaware.

Do you know of any changes planned for DCNR. Wonder if they will convert to a trunked system ? Are they using Harris or Motorola for VHF ?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I think you are correct the P7200's are only Phase 1, if they can be converted to Phase 2 I have no clue. Now the APX's are Phase 2 capable, if they are currently flashed with that capability or not I am unaware.

Do you know of any changes planned for DCNR. Wonder if they will convert to a trunked system ? Are they using Harris or Motorola for VHF ?

I don't know what DCNR's plans are. All the radios I see them using are Harris radios for both the OpenSky 800MHz and the VHF. But, I am only seeing a small subset of activity over this way. Lots more parks and state forest districts west of where I spend much of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.