Pacific Northwest Aviation Frequency Guide 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
rocky mountain guide is password protected, nuts!

You would think there would be a standard across the US for these to be open. Im really never sure why some agencies believe that fire communcations are sensitive.

I dont think anyone has prevented an arson by withholding fire radio frequencies. Its a little like declaring a school a "gun free zone" to prevent violence.

mikepdx

You would think there would be a standard across the US for these to be open. Im really never sure why some agencies believe that fire communcations are sensitive.

I dont think anyone has prevented an arson by withholding fire radio frequencies. Its a little like declaring a school a "gun free zone" to prevent violence.

We just have to be patient.
Someone's brother's friend's cousin's neighbor is a wildland
firefighter and will share a Northern Rockies list with an RR member.
That's how it often works.

Although with the Pacific NW list. Google once again was our friend.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
We just have to be patient.
Someone's brother's friend's cousin's neighbor is a wildland
firefighter and will share a Northern Rockies list with an RR member.

Yeah, you aren't kidding. :)

I also don't understand the idea behind keeping these frequencies hush-hush. Mutual aid and interoperability should be a priority when it comes to wildland stuff.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I also don't understand the idea behind keeping these frequencies hush-hush. Mutual aid and interoperability should be a priority when it comes to wildland stuff.

Federal frequency information is considered For Official Use Only and not for public consumption. Even though these frequencies are used for fire fighting and public safety operations, they still fall under the FOUO classification. However, some agencies take this more seriously than others. Sometimes we get lucky. In this case I think it's a third party, not a federal agency, that posts this document…

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.