PACS comes alive but no action

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
A couple of weeks ago I heard Alberta RCMP PACS A2 tone up 155.820 and it's still open. Then a couple of days later A7 Sherwood Park 155.520 was open carrier. Both those are on Bremner North and South. So I guess the repeaters haven't been ripped out yet. PL tones also match.

masonb

I noticed this back in March around Calgary with A5, A7-A15 & B2. Haven't heard it lately, though

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Last I heard it was still open carrier up here.
Open carrier still on those two old channels. But today I heard radio testing on 155.790 by radio techs testing mag mounts and they still called it A4. PL was correct.

In the past, RCMP have used old channels and mag mounts for surveillance training, using mag mounts and old cop cars.
I'm wondering if they are gearing up for the Pope's visit to Lac Ste Anne West of Onoway in Parkland RCMP's area?
They still have all the old VHF channels still in their new AFFRCS radios.

The AFRRCS towers are going to be taxed to the limit with all the traffic expected. Also, I expect the two SOW's will most likely be deployed.

In the past, for the pilgrimage even with no Pope there they have set up extra VHF repeaters for the event.
I had most of the RCMP stuff deleted from my scanners but my car unit was still scanning them.

Shall be an interesting event in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.