Paddy Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos703

I saw a TPD paddy wagon the other day at Admiral & Yale. They picked up a bum ... I mean, "a homeless person" ... who was begging ... I mean, "working" ... on the corner. Is these a new addition to the force or have I just never noticed them before? I heard some units call for the "prisoner transport unit" during the 4th of July but I figured that was just some special deal for the event.

Does anyone know anything about them and/or what squad they use for their designators?

peterjmag

I saw a TPD paddy wagon the other day at Admiral & Yale. They picked up a bum ... I mean, "a homeless person" ... who was begging ... I mean, "working" ... on the corner. Is these a new addition to the force or have I just never noticed them before? I heard some units call for the "prisoner transport unit" during the 4th of July but I figured that was just some special deal for the event.

Does anyone know anything about them and/or what squad they use for their designators?

LMAO! You crack me up Chaos! If you hear the "paddy wagon" it is refered to as the "PTV VAN" on the radio but is known as a "PTV" or "Police Transport Vehicle". Enjoy and thanks for the "PR" lesson this wonderful "late July" or "summer" evening.

Last edited:

car2back

OT, be warned.....

Since you mentioned homeless people "working", I was recently up in St. Louis and the city actually issues the bums permits to beg, or "peddle" up there. I was approached several times in downtown by these folks asking for a donation and in exchange I'd receive a crumpled, day old newspaper. They were quick to show me the yellow badge hanging from their neck and assured me they weren't begging... lol :lol:

Chaos703

Bum permits? Oh Lord. Usually you'd have to go to San Francisco or Santa Fe to see foolishness on that level. I hope it's they have to pay a hefty registration fee.

Do you guys remember seeing that segment that Channel 6 (I think) did several years ago? One of their reporters did a hidden camera investigation to figure out exactly how much those corner beggars have the potential to make. They came up with about $80,000 annually in tax free cash. Crazy. I should try it.

mfolta1

Best thing i ever did, there was that guy at 51 and peoria always had his sign "anything helps", well there was a churches chicken across the corner, a cicis pizza on the other corner and a shell station, i obtained 3 employment applications and made the trip to lewis back west on skelly drive to the stop light and honked at him, he jumped up and came to the window, i handed him the aps....im such a dick.lol!

hoser147

Bum permits? Oh Lord. Usually you'd have to go to San Francisco or Santa Fe to see foolishness on that level. I hope it's they have to pay a hefty registration fee.

Do you guys remember seeing that segment that Channel 6 (I think) did several years ago? One of their reporters did a hidden camera investigation to figure out exactly how much those corner beggars have the potential to make. They came up with about $80,000 annually in tax free cash. Crazy. I should try it.

Chaos, I remember a news show like Dateline or something to that effect where the bum on the corner had a BMW parked around the corner and went home to a nice home in the suburbs all paid for by panhandling...........Hoser

car2back

Best thing i ever did, there was that guy at 51 and peoria always had his sign "anything helps", well there was a churches chicken across the corner, a cicis pizza on the other corner and a shell station, i obtained 3 employment applications and made the trip to lewis back west on skelly drive to the stop light and honked at him, he jumped up and came to the window, i handed him the aps....im such a dick.lol!

lol, I saw a guy with the same sign at 71st & Hwy 169 and offered to drop him off at Whirlpool for the job fair that day on my way home ;)

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber

I love it! Or the one, "Will work for food", and he's in a wheelchair.

Status
Not open for further replies.