Pafford EMS coming to Starkville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
If so, they would need to add patch/ISSI talkgroups to the MSWIN, or add tg to the MSU TRS so they can talk direct to Pafford.

TheRadioGuru

Who knows.... Prior to them getting the Madison contract they were 100% VHF operation and the fire department did not have access to their channel. Pafford was in the process if building out a nexedge system when they won the Madison contract so they scrapped the plans and went to MSWIN. Pafford does not necessarily have to talk to the fire department, especially when they are responding side by side.

INDY72

Though they are fine with ISSI TG usage... Hence GulfWIN... that is I believe 5 other State TRS linked in with MSWIN... AWIN, LWIN, TXWARN, TACN, AFRRN, and if they get SLERS redone, it too. SO I can see the MSU/OC TRS having ISSI for interop.

bobsmr

ISSI is a big question for MSU TRS in the future.
I actually(unintentionally) saw the quote from "M" salesman for just their side of the ISSI to connect to MSU and its over $2mil.
The future of all these systems that require "FAST" network connections seems to continually hang in limbo in these parts as the required speeds seem to never materialize for extended periods of time.
I live a short distance from Starkville and have no telco, cable, or fiber.
I have to use cell phones and/or satellite for everything in-out.
By the way, almost every MSWIN radio I have ever seen can do both 700/800 and should be able to operate on either system.
There is a case still open where an APX mobile has been in "programming" status for years because it would not work on MSU system while there are other "M" products that do.
Go figure.

Hammerguy69

Though they are fine with ISSI TG usage... Hence GulfWIN... that is I believe 5 other State TRS linked in with MSWIN... AWIN, LWIN, TXWARN, TACN, AFRRN, and if they get SLERS redone, it too. SO I can see the MSU/OC TRS having ISSI for interop.

From what i have gone back and read, MSWIN doesn't use an ISSI on their system. Looks like some of those patches are RF in nature or through MOTObridge or some other gateway device.

cajunjerry

I retired from pafford and they have an amazing freq set up in Louisiana. I am still trying to figure out how the units in Mississippi can talk with each other..maybe off of the Richland Louisiana tower..

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Pafford

The Mississippi units around Yazoo, Rankin, and Madison Counties are dispatched thru MEDCOM and I hear them talk to each other on that Channel which is on MSWIN.

INDY72

Yes, Pafford is using MSWIN in MS, LWIN in LA .. Starting to use AWIN some in AR. Seems they decided to not do NXDN, which is good.

Hammerguy69

The Mississippi units around Yazoo, Rankin, and Madison Counties are dispatched thru MEDCOM and I hear them talk to each other on that Channel which is on MSWIN.

I believe that Pafford has their own dispatch. I don't believe that MEDCOM dispatches anybody.

INDY72

From what i have gone back and read, MSWIN doesn't use an ISSI on their system. Looks like some of those patches are RF in nature or through MOTObridge or some other gateway device.

Nope, GulfWIN is an ISSI setup linking those systems. Not an RF Patch, not an SmartX Bridge. All the linked systems are Motorola ASTRO-25 , and designed to be easily linked via ISSI pathways. If you ever get to look at the MOUs and other agreements you will see it. Also, look at the TXWARN system for the actual ISSI TGs that are listed on it for GulfWIN. Some of the earliest links were SmartX and MotoBridge etc. But it is all set up now that if the word is given, a few keypresses later, and you have an 6 state P25 TRS essentially.

INDY72

I believe that Pafford has their own dispatch. I don't believe that MEDCOM dispatches anybody.

Correct. MedCOM is not a dispatch center. It is an Medical Infosystem basically. It is an clearinghouse for First Responders to have easy contact to Trauma Centers and Medical Treatment Facilities as well as the PCC and other facilities Statewide. It was set up way before MSWIN was dreamed of by the UMMC.
https://www.umc.edu/UMMC/Outreach-P...issippi-MED-COM/Mississippi-MED-COM-Home.html

INDY72

ISSI is a big question for MSU TRS in the future.
I actually(unintentionally) saw the quote from "M" salesman for just their side of the ISSI to connect to MSU and its over $2mil.
The future of all these systems that require "FAST" network connections seems to continually hang in limbo in these parts as the required speeds seem to never materialize for extended periods of time.
I live a short distance from Starkville and have no telco, cable, or fiber.
I have to use cell phones and/or satellite for everything in-out.
By the way, almost every MSWIN radio I have ever seen can do both 700/800 and should be able to operate on either system.
There is a case still open where an APX mobile has been in "programming" status for years because it would not work on MSU system while there are other "M" products that do.
Go figure.

One issues is the codeplug. If an radio has the new codeplug for Phase II and is set on the Motorola ASTRO 25 format, there can be some issues working with the Harris Phase I set up. And since the MWCC is working very hard to eliminate FDMA use as fast as they can on the MSWIN, tying into the MSU system could be problematic. Which is the result of MSU being super cheap and not converting to MSWIN, just sticking with Harris and upgrading from EDACS. Thank God MDOC is not doing that. As soon as the Parchmann site is up, and the Rankin Simulcast issues fixed with the microsites... MDOC is supposed to have ditched the old Harris radios and replaced them with Motorola.... Anyway, on with the show.

cajunjerry

Yes pafford uses both lwin and vhf..I can hear the springhill tower here in springhill la on the freq of 155.07 mhg.no matter where they are located in Louisiana. I have them programmed on the miss. I will listen to them when I go on vacation this summer. Btw i started with pafford in 1978 with only 3 units.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected on my recent post. I meant to say that Pafford is dispatched on Air Medical on MSWIN which they have a couple of talk groups. There is a couple of talk groups on LWIN which I hear pretty regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.