Pafford EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX1NWA

So the radio is tagged ground but I have learned that it is NXDN UHF. So, what I am assuming is that Pafford leases NexEdge from Smith Two Way and/or Action communications. One of the guys here thinks the tower is down near Rudy. Just north of Ft. Smith on 49 north. But when dispatch comes in it shows Stillwell. It is encrypted btw.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
So with this info the OP needs to talk to his employer and see if they will allow him to buy his own radio give him a letter stating so buy a NX-5300 and pay the Radio Shop to program it.

WX1NWA

That would be nice but not going to do that. Next step is to capture the frequency. However, as mentioned before, this system for Pafford is encrypted.

WX1NWA

No, I meant not going to bother asking. If I really wanted to listen to them, I'll just buy a NXDN capable scanner. I live two hours away from there so I would be out of range anyways if I wanted to listen while not working.

WX1NWA

So, correction to the encryption. What I thought was the encryption key symbol on on the display was actually the button lock. So, seems like there isn't any encryption after all.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.