Pafford EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chudson584

Was wondering if anyone has any info on Pafford EMS freqs? I actually just became employed with them and notice they are using they us the Kenwood NX series mobiles and HT's. I'm not sure what modes they are running and giving what other area agencies are using they probably are running the DMR/P25 versions. I don't even know what the band they are on. I've noticed the rigs have a constant RSSI indicator much like trunking systems use. So, I am assuming they are running a trunked system. Nothing shows on the database for the area I am working in. Northwest part. Rogers to be exact. What the database does have is for other areas and only FM analog freqs. Our dispatch is based out of Hope.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Are you a medic for them or something else? Maybe you can just ask around and get a little more information from someone there who knows and that might point us in the right direction. I know sometimes some agencies are weird about that and act like they don't want anyone to know so I understand if you have to step lightly but as you get to know people maybe someone will jump out as the one who is likely to know. What antenna is being ran? That'll tell us if it's VHF, UHF, 800...could help, too. I mean, even if you just grab a picture or two and post them that'd help.
Clues like the antennas, what the radio(s) show on the display (i.e. the naming, etc.), things like that can help.

Very possible they have their own system; also possible they're running on an existing system.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Looking under Hempstead County in the Radioreference Database I found information.

He/she said in the northwest part so I took that to mean northwest part of the state. Hempstead is south central, I believe. Granted, I didn't even look in the db since I figured he/she had already done that....but I should know to do that first.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
All Pafford systems are tied together in the ARKLAMISS. All VHF is also patched into their AWIN/MSWIN.LWIN TG's. They have NX5000 family of Kenwood as well as some Motorola APX'es. The NX'es are P25/NXDN set ups. They also have UHF rigs in the units for contacting hospitals on the MED ch's. The aircraft division - Pafford Air One, just added a new fixed wing out of MS. Sharp looking plane.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
All Pafford systems are tied together in the ARKLAMISS. All VHF is also patched into their AWIN/MSWIN.LWIN TG's. They have NX5000 family of Kenwood as well as some Motorola APX'es. The NX'es are P25/NXDN set ups. They also have UHF rigs in the units for contacting hospitals on the MED ch's. The aircraft division - Pafford Air One, just added a new fixed wing out of MS. Sharp looking plane.

So what does he need to program to listen to them? No offense but that was both helpful and unhelpful. :ROFLMAO:

INDY72

At this point I can not find any current licensing for Pafford, its all expired. And in NW AR no listing at all. They could be being dispatched out of OK, or MO as they do have a presence there. I would put in all the DEM, Fire/Rescue dispatches for the counties he wants to monitor as well as make sure all the Trauma Comm and Med TG's on the AWIN are in as these are seeing extensive use now by both Ground, and Air EMS units statewide. Surprisingly we have not found the primary Pafford TG's for the AWIN, as we nailed them down fast on MSWIN and LWIN. Kinda embarrassing. Also surprising there is not a lot of renewal or new license apps for Pafford in listings seeing as how they are growing very fast now.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Could it also be they are leasing a system from a comms company in NW AR, kink of like Survival Flight is doing here? Obviously that doesn't help the AWIN TG issue but I'm talking about the NX5xxx radios they're using could be on an NXDN or analog system. Or DMR if they had it in the radios.

INDY72

True.. I think they bought out Mercy which is DMR, so yeah they could be running the full kit NX radios now. I will ask a couple of the guys I know that are with Pafford in MS, and a couple of ex Pafford guys if they know if they bought the full package on the NX's. Thouh they only do conventional and I think IP SIte Connect DMR on the NX's, not Con+, Cap+ and no Tier III at all.

Mike445

At this point I can not find any current licensing for Pafford, its all expired. And in NW AR no listing at all. They could be being dispatched out of OK, or MO as they do have a presence there. I would put in all the DEM, Fire/Rescue dispatches for the counties he wants to monitor as well as make sure all the Trauma Comm and Med TG's on the AWIN are in as these are seeing extensive use now by both Ground, and Air EMS units statewide. Surprisingly we have not found the primary Pafford TG's for the AWIN, as we nailed them down fast on MSWIN and LWIN. Kinda embarrassing. Also surprising there is not a lot of renewal or new license apps for Pafford in listings seeing as how they are growing very fast now.
151.49750 136.5PL is very active here in Hempstead county. There is a secondary frequency listed but I've never heard a peep out of it (155.16000 CSQ). Hope that helps.
Mike

INDY72

That opens up the licenses for East, Central, and Southern AR.. As well as the LA stuff on the FRN... 155.1000 for Pine Bluff, 151.4975 is Hope, 155.8425 is Marianna, 156.2025 is Warren,

WX1NWA

Their antennas are cut to what appears VHF. Just FYI, it appears I have two accounts with RR. One signed into an older computer and this one i've used before. Ooopss. I am the OP for this thread btw. The antenna is exactly that same kind I use on my Moto XPR5550 VHF. I know the NX series Kenwoods give you the option to mix two digital modes into one radio and not all three they offer. P25 and DMR is way more prevaling in this area. I guess I could take one of our handhelds and capture the transmission as they dispatch us using my digital scanner to at least determine if it is P25 or not. But, it appears that it is some kind of trunked system since the RSSI indicator remains up. I first assumed AWIN but nothing in the database.

INDY72

Their antennas are cut to what appears VHF. Just FYI, it appears I have two accounts with RR. One signed into an older computer and this one i've used before. Ooopss. I am the OP for this thread btw. The antenna is exactly that same kind I use on my Moto XPR5550 VHF. I know the NX series Kenwoods give you the option to mix two digital modes into one radio and not all three they offer. P25 and DMR is way more prevaling in this area. I guess I could take one of our handhelds and capture the transmission as they dispatch us using my digital scanner to at least determine if it is P25 or not. But, it appears that it is some kind of trunked system since the RSSI indicator remains up. I first assumed AWIN but nothing in the database.
From the actual website for the NX5000 family of radios: An NX-5000 radio can simultaneously support two digital protocols plus analog, offering the following combinations: FM/DMR/ NXDN, FM/NXDN/P25, and FM/DMR/P25. On the DMR side, no trunking - For simple conventional communications, making use of existing infrastructure, DMR is an excellent, cost-effective solution. Being energy-efficient, it offers longer battery life. And thanks to 2-slot TDMA, it is possible to obtain 2 talk paths within an analog 12.5 kHz bandwidth, thus doubling the capacity. The NX-5000 Series supports Tier II conventional mode. On the P25 side - This digital CAI ensures interoperability among public safety agencies. The NX-5000 Series is compatible with Phase 1 (conventional and trunked), and Phase 2 (trunked). And on the NXDN side - The NXDN air interface can fit into the very narrow 6.25 kHz bandwidth using FDMA technology. Ensuring spectrum efficiency, wide coverage and virtually unlimited scalability, it provides for nationwide expansion: Type-C TrunkingGen2 offers enhanced features, flexibility and performance, linking up to 1,000 sites or 24 networks. So, this means that if they are on an NXDN TRS, it could be IP connected to the nationwide systems, any of the SMR's locally etc... So its do what scanning is all about, searching and learning. NEXEDGE NX-5000 Series  Portable KENWOOD They are nice looking radios, have not put one to the test yet to see if they are all that. I also need to see if AWIN has added this series to the allowed radios or not. I would assume so as it does meet the criteria as TDMA capable.

Last edited by a moderator:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
They are extremely nice. I have a 5700 mobile (VHF). Solid radio, awesome audio, the screen is amazing and clear. With the mixing of modes, many feel they have beat Motorola.

INDY72

Lol until they do all bands and LTE in one radio they still have issues to beat. APX NEXT..... Also still waiting for Motorola to do a true mixed mode radio... Will we never get a full DMR trunker that does P25 and analog... A fine fusion of XPR and APX? Anyway on with the show

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
WQVE599 (Pafford Ambulance Service) FCC Callsign Details

This license includes Woodruff Co. as well as Muldrow, OK which may well be of interest. Looks like a NFM, DMR & NXDN combo license. Another one to consider...

Not that it matters in NWA, but I've read in local newspapers that Pafford is losing money in Woodruff Co. and is asking the county for more subsidy cash to keep their location in McCrory open.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
So I took off the battery on one of our handhelds and it's the 5300-K2 series. So UHF. Not sure what mode it's running though.

What does it show on the display while sitting on a channel? Or scanning, whatever. Can you tell us or show us?

Status
Not open for further replies.