Page County Virginia Police System

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIR024

BCT125AT, BCD436HP.
One of my friends asked this before but I am looking at the system Page County VA Sheriffs office runs on and its DMR (E). Does anyone know if its encrypted still or If Page County is upgrading soon?

fredva

Feed Provider
Page County is upgrading to a 700/800 Mhz P25 system that will be integrated with the Harrrisonburg/Rockingham system. I can't confirm current encryption myself, but since the database says the dispatch channel is DMR encrypted, that is most likely still the case.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I haven't tried to listen to Page Co. Sheriff's Office for a while, but the times I have checked they were encrypted. My understanding is they are encrypted full time.

Page County is upgrading to a 700/800 Mhz P25 system that will be integrated with the Harrrisonburg/Rockingham system...

There is a little information on the new system in the Page County BOS minutes on-line. From what I read, Page approached other neighboring counties about potentially joining their current systems, and Harrisonburg/ Rockingham was the only one interested. Hopefully it's a win-win for both. It's anticipated some of the towers in Page will help some of the problem areas in Rockingham and some of the Rockingham towers already have good coverage within Page.

I don't know what a new system for Page County means for scanners. From the outside looking in, the current Sheriff appears very open to the public. I think encryption began under a previous Sheriff, although I don't know if he was the one who decided on it. So maybe there's hope for when they move to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.