page resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have been having an issue with clicking on the "last" link, to get to the last page of a thread, and when the page loads, the system then reverts back to the first page. This has happened on multiple pages, so it is something in the site behavior. Anyone else having issues with this?

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Could you give me an example of where you are seeing a "last" link?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
If you're reading a topic with multiple pages of comments, and you click on the ">>" button, to go to the last page of comments, that last page starts to load, then reverts back to the first page.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
You are talking about the forums, not the wiki.

One of the forum experts will have to chime in.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Moved to the forums admin forum.

I tried to duplicate the problem you have and its not happening to me. Don't know if this could help but maybe try and clear your cache and see if it changes anything?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm not able to recreate either. If I put my mouse over the link it shows the URL to the last page also.

It may be a browser issue like Ron suggests.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that this seems to only happen with the "Hybrid" viewing mode, which is my preferred.

That brings up another point, why do I have to re-select the viewing mode every time I log in? (If that is too far off topic, then just say so.)

Rich

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
That brings up another point, why do I have to re-select the viewing mode every time I log in? (If that is too far off topic, then just say so.)
When you select it for the thread it's only temporary. If you want it permanent you have to go in to your "User CP" and look under options. Under "Thread Display Options" you have the option for what to set the default to, which Hybrid is a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.