Pager/Data Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
I turned my scanner on search the other night & picked up two frequencies, both doing the same basic type of thing. One, that keeps going more repetitive is 152.48 (I'm in northeast KY), which is about every 30-60 seconds, sending some sort of two-tone (half second/half second) signal with what sounds like a data stream, with another two-tone sound and it cuts off, then repeats. The other does the same basic kind of thing, only on 157.74. Did a ULS lookup, couldn't find anything in the area. Anyone care to drop a hint? Pro-106 800Mhz antenna, in the Cannonsburg area of Boyd Co. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'll try to get recordings tomorrow sometime.

ecps92

Most of the licensed Paging channels won't be found with an easy ULS Search as they are now issued by Market / Region, similar to the market your TV/Radio stations cover

I turned my scanner on search the other night & picked up two frequencies, both doing the same basic type of thing. One, that keeps going more repetitive is 152.48 (I'm in northeast KY), which is about every 30-60 seconds, sending some sort of two-tone (half second/half second) signal with what sounds like a data stream, with another two-tone sound and it cuts off, then repeats. The other does the same basic kind of thing, only on 157.74. Did a ULS lookup, couldn't find anything in the area. Anyone care to drop a hint? Pro-106 800Mhz antenna, in the Cannonsburg area of Boyd Co. Thanks in advance.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber

"You got page."

Paging companies are not always good neighbors. They transmit with a TON of power (like 1Kw ERP) and don't like to filter their transmitter well. I've got one here at home on 158.100 that slops over +- .5Mhz at three miles. My service monitor and spectrum analyzer go berserk hooked up at a public safety tower site 6 miles away. The average $150 scanner will be over-whelmed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.