Pager frequencies search

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8iqz

Is there an area where pager frequencies are specifically listed? I see only a few when looking at the Frequencies for Berkeley County when I know there are others I can see using a SDR. Thanks in advance.
Gary KC8IQZ

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber

kc8iqz

Thanks. I am setting up SDRuno and PDW to get paging information. RR shows a paging freq for the Berkeley (WV) Medical Center. But searching this area does not return that freq in this area. I will keep playing. I can see several paging systems on the waterfall display and can decode some. But I cannot seem to find any reference. I suppose I am just not searching the database properly. Thanks

nd5y

RR shows a paging freq for the Berkeley (WV) Medical Center. But searching this area does not return that freq in this area.
You can't rely on the db to be accurate.
The 462.775 in the db has an expired license.
Check the other nearby licenses:
You should also be aware that decoding digital (or tone-voice) paging signals in the US is probably illegal since that is one of the things defined in 18 USC 2510 as not "readily accessible to the general public".

Last edited:

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin

The 152/158/454/459 paging licenses for Part 22 are mostly ETA licenses. They aren't site specific anymore. There are still some site-specific licenses out there, but most of the channels are licensed under ETA licenses from Auction 40 in 2001. I hold several of those licenses and it is really convenient to be able to put up a repeater anywhere in my ETA without having to license it every time.

ArloG

Try 929-931 if you're out there fishing too.
I think in the 40's and 50's too.

kc8iqz

You can't rely on the db to be accurate.
The 462.775 in the db has an expired license.
Check the other nearby licenses:
You should also be aware that decoding digital (or tone-voice) paging signals in the US is probably illegal since that is one of the things defined in 18 USC 2510 as not "readily accessible to the general public".
Thanks for both pieces of advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.