pager tone codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

javfd

Premium Subscriber
how can I find out pager tone codes to set up a scanner to monitor 1 fire dept tryed to let scanner search but finding multi that will set scanner off randomley ?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
You can hook the audio of your scanner up to a computer and run something like this program: TwoToneFinder | TwoToneDetect

I've also seen people advice to record it from the scanner and then play it back using an audio program which will show you what the audio frequency is.

What scanner(s) do you have?

javfd

Premium Subscriber
I have many scanners I put a bearcat bct15x in to search mode to located the tone I want it finds multi

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I have many scanners I put a bearcat bct15x in to search mode to located the tone I want it finds multi

What do you mean by "it finds multi"? If you are letting it run awhile it is likely because multiple depts are paged on a single freq. I don't remember how the tone out search works on the 15X models...or do they even have a search function? Tell us what you're doing; I'm not finding a tone out search on the 15X menu and I have a few on my desk here. Where is it?

javfd

Premium Subscriber
i hate trying to explaining in messages i put the scanner in search mode and monitor till the fire dept i want to get the tones for gets toned out then put the tones in scanner it never opens up with the codes then search again and i get different codes ?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Probably a dumb question here... But you have it in fire tone out search and not pl or dcs search right? Another thing you could try is posting a recording of the tone out and others could analyze it to see what the tones are.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Probably a dumb question here... But you have it in fire tone out search and not pl or dcs search right? Another thing you could try is posting a recording of the tone out and others could analyze it to see what the tones are.

Yeah. I'm also thinking it is hitting on different departments which would use different tones. On our local OEM channel where they page VFD's out, there are 12 different VFD's so 12 different sets of tones.

javfd

Premium Subscriber
i have it in search mode and when i hear the department i want i write the tones down the enter them in the scanner then it wont open up the radio next time there toned out i search again and there different codes

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Break it down here...how are you searching? Then how are you entering the tones? Detail it...

Don't just repeat the same thing, we understand that you're having issues.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
It's all text based...just walk through what you are doing. Button presses, what menu you're going into, etc., plus the results. You asked the question in a forum and we are trying to help but can't without the necessary information. Just tell us what you'd say if you called Uniden on the phone...

N5XPM

Might be worth noting the tones should be between about 325 and 1500 or so, a pair for each agency. If two agencies get toned out on the same call, you might have some trouble with the apps listed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.