Paging Tones for Saratoga County Fire & EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

radicalbill

I am finding many tones are wrong, so I am working on a new list.

If anyone already has this list, please let me know and send me a copy.

Otherwise, I will continue to work on getting each tone set and post them when I have them all.

Thanks

Bill

radicalbill

Here is what I have so far

If you see an error, or have a recording of any of the missing depts,

or a complete code list, or any data at all, please let me know.

Also, let me know if this helps you.

Thanks

Bill

Attachments

• SARATOGA COUNTY FIRE TONE OUT CODES.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 159
D

DaveNF2G

What is making you conclude that the tones are "wrong"? It's not like all of those agencies are going to suddenly have all of their pagers reconfigured.

radicalbill

Decoding the tones

Dave,

I have been decoding the tones as they are sent out.

Some have stayed the same, but there are a lot of changes.

This happened when they went from the 46.42 and 46.48 to all being on 155.925

Most were issued new pagers with the new tones.

You can double check my work, but I am pretty sure everything I have so far on the XLS sheet is correct.

I am still missing about 10 agencies.

I don't know if they still do weekly tests.

They used to do it on Tuesday at 7pm, if I remember correctly.

They would tone every agency both siren and pagers and call each car and truck and portable.

If they do that, then I will recomfirm what I have and hopefully get the rest that I am missing.

I had a pager programmed with the old Malta tones and the old Round Lake tones and I was not getting any pages.

Since programming in the new tones, I am now getting Malta Zone 1, Zone 2, Malta Ridge, and I am waiting to hear a page from Round Lake.

They are rare, but I think I have the right codes for them now.

Let me know if you do find an error.

Thanks

Bill
KC2OVX

radicalbill

This is my most recent data

Evrything I have heard to date

I am missing some ALL Calls for CPHM, Sar springs and Galway

Also missing Ballston Lake fire, John Ahern, Corinth EMS, Providence Fire, Stillwater Fire and Waterford Northside.

It may be that they have just not been toned yet.

There used to be either a weekly or monthly pager and radio test, on a Tuesday I thought, if anyone knows when they do that, that would be very helpful.

I also have an Unknown page that goes out with CP Fire when they do daytime mutal aid. Not sure how to classify that.

There are also Zone Cars, 5 of them, for the county.

I have only heard Car 5 so far.

Also have a 2nd unknown fire page that went out with Rexford, Vischer Ferry and West Crescent, not sure how to classify that one either.

They are at the bottom of the list.

There are some depts that stayed the same, but a lot of others have changed, and all are on 155.925

The Wiki page needs to be updated, but I don't want to make changes to NF2G's work.

So, I am posting the XLS file here for everyone to use.

I will post updates if I get the missing info.

If it says Not Heard or Not Confirmed, they are both the same thing. I have not heard any of those tones, even when there were 4 calls at the same time for CPHM Amb, I did not hear the all call.

Not sure if they stopped using that for some of the depts.

Thanks

Bill
KC2OVX

Attachments

• SARATOGA COUNTY FIRE TONE OUT CODES 6-24-14.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 101

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
John Ahearn is no longer. CPHM provides service to Mechanicville.

Which Corinth are you waiting for? The old Corinth VAS or Jessup's Landing? Corinth VAS is no longer as well.

SEMS is similarly dead. Saratoga fire handles their calls.

I'm not sure if Northside is toned by the county or if they are still activated by Waterford dispatch.

As for your unknown Clifton Park tone, there are daytime mutual aid tones for the daytime companies. These tones activate all of the companies used for daytime mutual aid at once. The CPHM ambulance all call is rarely used, since they have many staffed units in station and rarely tone for volunteer support.

radicalbill

Tones I am missing

Ballston Lake Fire, I have not heard them at all, no pagers, no siren tones, are they still active ?

I have heard Ballston Lake EMS

Others I have not heard at all:

Ballston Spa EMS ALL CALL

CPHM EMS ALL CALL

CORINTH EMS, but have heard Corinth Fire tones

Galway AMB ALL CALL

Harmony Corners Fire Siren tone, but have heard the pager tones

Hillcrest Fire Siren, but have heard the pager tones

Mechanicville Fire Siren, but have heard them say Mechanicville Fire and EMS for the pager tones.

Providence have not heard them at all, siren or pagers

Rexford Fire Pagers

Saratoga Springs Amb ALL CALL

Saratoga Springs Fire siren, but the page for Saratoga EMS is the same as for Fire, so these must be
combined now.

Schuylerville Fire Siren, but have heard the pagers

Stillwater Fire have not heard at all, no page no siren

Waterford Northside have not heard at all, but have heard Waterford Fire, not northside, and Waterford EMS

Which ones can I eliminate from the list ?

Thanks

Bill
KC2OVX

radicalbill

Got a couple more tonight

Heard Ballston Lake Fire.

Now missing:

Harmony Corners siren

Providence Fire

Rexford fire

Schuylerville fire Siren

Stillwater Fire

Waterford Northside

Uploading the new sheet

Attachments

• SARATOGA COUNTY FIRE TONE OUT CODES 6-24-14A.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 83

radicalbill

Thank You

I just edited the Wiki Page you created to delete two depts that are no longer in use and add a few more new ones.

I will keep updating as I get more info.

Thanks again

Bill
KC2OVX

D

DaveNF2G

This would be Community Ambulance. Do you have tones for them?

No such agency. Replaced by Jessup's Landing ambulance.

No such agency.

Saratoga Springs Fire siren, but the page for Saratoga EMS is the same as for Fire, so these must be combined now.

Yes, they are. Does Saratoga Springs even have fire sirens?

Waterford Northside have not heard at all, but have heard Waterford Fire, not northside, and Waterford EMS

Calls in Waterford are usually dispatched by the local dispatcher on 155.055 MHz.

For some of the others, I wonder whether there are separate "pager" and "siren" tones.

radicalbill

I just added the Dept #'s

I added some more data, mutual aid, and the Dept numbers, for the trucks, so like Clifton Park is 19, so they have car 19, 19-1, 19-5, etc..

So if someone hears the truck or car, they can look at the list and see what dept it is.

Still missing Providence, Rexford, and Stillwater Fire.

Rexford is still in use, not sure about the other two.

Northside too.

Anyone know what day of the month they do the tests of all the depts ? Do they still do that ?

I must be one day, like the first Tuesday of each month, for example.

I have not heard it yet.

That would fill in a lot of the gaps I have left.

I know there is a tone for KAPL and the NNPTU, but I don't think they test those, so they will be very hard to find.

Not sure what they Hazmat 1 is. It must be made up of members of other depts.

Makes me think there are most likely more than one, like each zone might have one.

Really good that I am getting these tones. The data has been out of date since they changed over, and I don't know how to make the Wiki page, so it was nice of you to make it so I can add to it.

I will keep uploading the XLS files as well, since they are easy to print and use and edit for personal use.

Thanks

Bill
KC2OVX

radicalbill

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalbill

This would be Community Ambulance. Do you have tones for them?

I have Ballston Spa EMS listed and Community listed as well, using the same tones.

Quote:

No such agency. Replaced by Jessup's Landing ambulance.

I deleted Corinth EMS, thank you

Quote:

No such agency.

The dispatcher keeps saying Saratoga Springs Fire and EMS, I have them both listed using the same tones.

Quote:
Saratoga Springs Fire siren, but the page for Saratoga EMS is the same as for Fire, so these must be combined now.

Yes, they are. Does Saratoga Springs even have fire sirens?

I don't know if they have sirens, They used to 892.5 937.5

Quote:

Calls in Waterford are usually dispatched by the local dispatcher on 155.055 MHz.

For some of the others, I wonder whether there are separate "pager" and "siren" tones.

I have heard the regular Waterford Fire and EMS both on 155.925, this may be a backup to the normal 155.055.

If I hear them paged, I will add Northside.

Still missing Providence, Schuylerville and Stillwater fire depts.

Very odd to not hear Stillwater. The other 2 might not have that many calls, but I would have expected to hear Stillwater.

They merged Malta EMS to make it cover Stillwater, so there is a Malta zone 1 and a zone 2.

Wondering if Malta Ridge is now covering Stillwater, or some other dept.

I have not heard any addresses in Stillwater dispatched for fire, so I don't know.

Making progress.

I see other people are adding to the Wiki page, which is great.

We need to get a wiki page with all the groups and the unit ID's for all the vehicles/

That will take some time to accomplish, a lot longer than this project, but would be real useful.

I would really like to get the ATCS project up an running again. Is there a place on this site where we could start a thread for that and see if we can get some remote monitoring sites.

I have the equipment, just need locations near the MCP's.

I have been trying to years now, with no luck.

Thanks

Bill
KC2OVX

Attachments

• SARATOGA COUNTY FIRE TONE OUT CODES 6-25-14A.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 66

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Stillwater fire covers only the VILLAGE of Stillwater. The rest of the town is covered by Arvin Hart. Since the area is very small, they do not get many calls... last I knew, they had very few members and very well may be defunct at this time, but I do not have any actual data to back this up.

What is an ATCS project?

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
?I am confused?

So rather than recreating something, why is the Saratoga County Wiki Page in the database not being updated, tone information is there, apparatus information and department information is there? Why make something new? Am I missing something?

As previously stated by some knowledgeable people,

There is NO Ballston Spa EMS, they are Community Emergency Corps.

There is NO Saratoga Springs EMS, yes the dispatcher may say Saratoga Fire and EMS but the ambulance in Saratoga Springs is run by the fire department, and they respond an Engine as First Response and an Ambulance. Saratoga Emergency Corps no longer exists. Empire Ambulance covers the Town of Greenfield District that had been covered by SEC, and they also back up the Saratoga Springs Fire Department Ambulance.

Just like the City of Glens Falls, Warren County dispatches them as Glens Falls Fire and Emergency because an Engine goes first response, same exact agency.

There are some very knowledgeable people on here who are involved in both the Public Safety and monitoring world, just some food for thought.

radicalbill

I don't know how to update the Wiki Page

The only page I saw was the one Dave NF2G made, and I could not figure out how to update it.

Is there another page that has all the dept's, trucks, ID's for the groups and radios, etc.. ?

I posted in the TRS group to start with, but was told that was not where this info belonged, so I came here.

Not looking for trouble.

The new Wiki page that was made, if we could copy that over to the old Wiki page, that would be fine with me.

There is no problem having more than one, at least not for me.

radicalbill

ATCS

ATCS is the Automated Train Control System, which is broadcast by CP Rail from Albany to the Canadian border and to Binghamton.

They use 897.9375

There is a whole group on yahoo for this, and it takes voluteers who are interested in having a remote computer set up at their location with a dedicated radio to recieve the data and send it to a main server that combines all the host sites and allows everyone to connect to it so they can see everything that is happening on the rail line, in real time.

I am attaching a screen grap from part of the layout so you can see what it looks like.

Let me know if anyone is interested in this.

Thanks

Bill
KC2OVX

Attachments

• 243am.jpg
    243am.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 646

radicalbill

Latest updates

Schuyervill fire, had an unknown page for them.

Now heard both the siren and pager tones, and fixed that.

Still missing

Providence
Stillwater
Rexford
Harmony Corners
and Northside.

Attachments

• SARATOGA COUNTY FIRE TONE OUT CODES 6-26-14.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 71
D

DaveNF2G

Bill, you really need to start a new thread when you are going to change the subject. Your ATCS post does not belong in this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.