Pairing IC-R30 with Bluetooth headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

i've been trying to pair my QC35, QC30 and Apple AirPods but to no avail, have any of you been able to do it ?

Thanks

billybob

Premium Subscriber
I tried paring to my IC R30 to my truck stereo Bluetooth to no avail. I just bought ICOM Bluetooth headphones and they work great.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Considering the price of the IC-R30 it is very deceiving to see that it won't work with any Bluetooth headset.

billybob

Premium Subscriber
Some on this site have been able to pair on Bluetooth speakers that were not ICOM. I really did not expect it to pair with my truck. Maybe there is a work around for you headphones. I have always had issues with paring devices weather it was my phone to my MC headset or even my Bose external speaker. Sometime it takes the right sequence to pair to get it right... Good luck hope it will work out.

kf6gpe

Ray, KF6GPE
I do not have AirPods to try, but I did successfully pair with an old Bluetooth Meizu in-ear earphone set the first time I tried.

Promptly lost the earphones, though! They’re in the shack somewhere.

lzielasko

Premium Subscriber
Considering the price of the IC-R30 it is very deceiving to see that it won't work with any Bluetooth headset.

Pairs easily with my Bose NC 700 headphones. I can either run the headphones with various levels of noise canceling or set to pass through to hear surroundings normally but with R30 audio blending in. Works great!

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Pairs easily with my Bose NC 700 headphones. I can either run the headphones with various levels of noise canceling or set to pass through to hear surroundings normally but with R30 audio blending in. Works great!

I believe the NC 700 uses BT 5.0 as opposed to the QC35II that uses BT 4.1. I don't remember if i tried the paring before of after the firmware upade. i'll give it another shot.

I would blame Apple before I would suspect ICOM. Apple products don't play well with others.

I agree, paring the Airpods was my last resort, my first choice are the Bose QC35II

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Another thing you can also do if built in bluetooth doesn't work is to get the little bluetooth dongles that connect to the headphone jack and relay over bluetooth. I have one of those and it's always paired great with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.