Pal 800 Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt8house

Premium Subscriber
Palmetto 800 has begun re-banding in Jasper County. Not sure what the new frequencies are yet. Does anyone know where to start to find them?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Rebanded frequencies will be exactly 15 MHz down from the original in the vast majority of cases.

However, from the wiki article:

Finding the New Frequencies

To find the precise frequency changes for a rebanding system, go to the 800ta.org callsign resource and enter the system's call sign. You will get a list of current and post-rebanding frequencies for the system. Note that systems which have already rebanded may show incorrect information. NPSPAC Systems (866-869 MHz) in Northern California are handled differently. Consult the RR database for current information.

Cpt8house

Premium Subscriber
Thanks UPMan I will give that a try this evening and see if it works!

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
Cpt8 I am currently running trucktracker on Bluffton and do not see any rebanded frequencies showing up. I do know that JC Law changed TG's a couple of weeks ago and Fire/EMS is currently going through these changes too. I have found a couple of Fire/ Ems Tg's but I am awaiting better confirmation for having them added to DB.

MuddyWheels

Motorola started setting up the radios throughout the state last year for rebanding. In Fairfield County, our radios have been reprogrammed and are ready to go. When our zone becomes ready we will simply switch to a different zone on the radios and we will all then be on the rebanded stuff. From what I recall, the Motorola guys said it would be about another year until everything is completed and the switch takes place. I guess it's the infrastructure in the towers they'll be working on next.

Interesting also that when they started reprogramming the radios they had a number of them self destruct and they had to then replace them with new ones.

scscannerjunkie

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the FCC licenses were modified at the end of January 2012 for several sites to prepare for rebanding

Camden, Chesterfield, Lancaster, Chester, just to name a few.

DickH

In most cases, you subtract 15MHz from the 866, 867 and 868 freqs. All other freqs. do not change. For example, 866.0125 becomes 851.0125, etc.
Older scanners can not be modified to work with re-banded freqs. that have a zero in the 4th decimal place (like 851.2500). Newer scanners need to have custom band plans programmed into them to work with those freqs.

If a scanner has the custom band plans installed, you can simply ADD the new, re-banded freqs. and when they actually change, the scanner will continue to work seamlessly.

CaptSmith

hey Cpt8house, if you get the new jasper Fire/EMS channels or anyone for that matter please submit them to this database for update... i've been trying hard to get them, the sheriffs Pal800 is working fine and right in the data base, but i'm trying to get Jasper Fire on my home patrol in trunking discovery mode to get the info, but i'm not seeing any activity to catch on the Pal800 towers. I hate trying to catch a call on VHF or pager, there's no signal in my area on VHF. I found the issue on the Hampton co. fire pal800 and i think they are updating it in the database, they had the signal set to analog instead of digital on the data base or frequency list... i wish it was that easy with figureing out this jasper one... So again looking for help here! :)

CaptSmith

ok looks like a very nice forum member submitted the new jasper channels... if not i should be able to get them directly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.