Pal800 Talkgroup 45808

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searay

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have an idea who this talkgroup might be assigned to?

Matt

what did the talk sound like law enforcement ems fire and was it digital i maybe wrg but it sounds like either natl gaurd or executive security with all of the pres debates going on

Searay

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It might be a SHEP talk group. I heard a reference ro TMC a few minutes ago.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
It's DPS Troop 4, the "replacement" for talkgroup 30224. We'll see many talkgroups change over the next several months. Most of the known SCHP talkgroup changes are listed in the DB and the wiki.

I confirmed this talkgroup through data gleaned from Trunk88, a trunked control control channel decoding package. 45808 and 30224 have been patched together from time to time over the last several months.

vinzep491

It's DPS Troop 4, the "replacement" for talkgroup 30224. We'll see many talkgroups change over the next several months. Most of the known SCHP talkgroup changes are listed in the DB and the wiki.

I confirmed this talkgroup through data gleaned from Trunk88, a trunked control control channel decoding package. 45808 and 30224 have been patched together from time to time over the last several months.

Brian, what do you think the reasoning is behind all of the TG changes occuring and in the near future??

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Brian, what do you think the reasoning is behind all of the TG changes occuring and in the near future??

That's a good question that I don't have a good answer to. I suspect that the radio managers are using the opportunity of reprogramming subscriber radios for rebanding to make other changes in advance of the migration to full P25. That may or may not be true, and if it is true, I don't have a technical explanation of what those changes for P25 are.

Searay

Premium Subscriber
I would guess that they are in the process of converting analog talkgroups to digital talkgroups. The way I understand it is there is a certain number of radio ID's that are "attached" to each talkgroup in the system. When these talkgroups are created as analog, the associated talkgroups are also analog. If the talkgroup is created digital, the associated radio ID's are also digital. With many requesting digital radio ID's the need to create more of them. The only way to do this is to create new talkgroups so the associated radio ID's can be made digital.

I may have not articulated this correctly but someone out there may be able to give a more accurate explanation.

Matt

LarrySC

The original programming for the Palmetto 800 was done by Frick and Frack. It is now being done by, A.B.Binary, Keilor Hertz, and I.O. Interface.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Searay, I'd tend to agree with that sort of explanation, but not all the SCHP talkgroups are changing, or at least it seems that way. Only certain group are patched at this time.

I guess we'll find out when the change occurs.

vinzep491

Hmm, I guess both guesses would make sense.
If anyone notices anything esle that is getting changed keep us updated.

televiper75

Anyone have any idea what the following TGs may be? Hearing them in Spartanburg Co.:

17360 (hearing plates run on it)

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Anyone have any idea what the following TGs may be? Hearing them in Spartanburg Co.:

17360 (hearing plates run on it)

Looks like I need to do some database updating.

17360 - USC-Upstate PD Digital (they abandonded their original talkgroup)
17328 - I believe this is Travellers Rest PD in Greenville Co - again, I think they abandonded their original talkgroup
45808 - SC DPS 4 - used by SHEP trucks (SC DOT Emergency Highway Responders) in Troop 4/I-77 corridor primarily
48912 - SCHP TAC 6 used as a talk-around for SCHP troopers in Greenville and Spartanburg

fdo

Brian ...
Do you know of anybody in Beaufort County who would be able to help programming my Scanner?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Somebody gave me a Radio Shack pro-95.

Well, you're not going to get a whole lot of use out of a PRO-95 in Beaufort County, at least for listening to local public safety agencies. Beaufort County fire, ems, police, and other agencies operate on the Palmetto P25 system, which uses digital modulation. The PRO-95 won't decode those digital signals. You could use it to monitor amateur radio, commercial and military aircraft, and maybe some neighboring counties' public safety agencies and some state agencies. That's about it.

Sorry for the bad news.

fdo

Recommended Scanner

Guess I have to put that one up on ebay ;-)
Is there a Scanner which would do the job in Beaufort County and/or which one would you recommend?

firefighter89

Well, you're not going to get a whole lot of use out of a PRO-95 in Beaufort County, at least for listening to local public safety agencies. Beaufort County fire, ems, police, and other agencies operate on the Palmetto P25 system, which uses digital modulation. The PRO-95 won't decode those digital signals. You could use it to monitor amateur radio, commercial and military aircraft, and maybe some neighboring counties' public safety agencies and some state agencies. That's about it.

Sorry for the bad news.

I thought Beaufort County simulcasted fire dispatch on the VHF frequenies?

Status
Not open for further replies.