Pal800 with extra Channels!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Pal800 Richland Simulcast instead of having the normal 15 channels it normally has and had this afternoon has 25 channels! WOW! It is probably just for the storm but I hope they keep it with extra channels b/c we have been getting a LOT of busys in the last 6 months to a year with all the additional users and radios. If they channels are still there this weekend I will submit for rr.com database update, but feel it is only for the severe weather...

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Can you post the additional frequencies that showed up? What software were you using to decode the control channel?

Searay

Premium Subscriber
Pal800 Richland Simulcast instead of having the normal 15 channels it normally has and had this afternoon has 25 channels! WOW! It is probably just for the storm but I hope they keep it with extra channels b/c we have been getting a LOT of busys in the last 6 months to a year with all the additional users and radios. If they channels are still there this weekend I will submit for rr.com database update, but feel it is only for the severe weather...

When you say "storm" are you referring to a weather type storm or is that a code for something else?

I would find it very unlikely that Motorola would add 10 RF channels to each of the simulcast sites to provide higher capacity just during a storm.

Matt

bpalmer

Curious do the channels in this case mean frequencies or talk groups. Additional TG's in an emergency makes sense with the bad weather that was there

Last edited:

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Pro-197 using Trunk88 (newest version).

I mean Frequencies (Voice Channels), we already have more than enough talk-groups.

I agree it could seem silly, but everytime a storm hits we get busy signals like every other transmission due to all the traffic on the site any many from people who they should limit access like SCE&G, Palmetto ems, Gold cross, lex co public works, etc... However during normal weather we will see busys a lot if something is going on like an event in town or USC game etc, so I hope the channels are to stay, i will submit the freq when i get home tonight since they are still there this morning when i left, if they remove them we can always update it.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
When you say "storm" are you referring to a weather type storm or is that a code for something else?

I would find it very unlikely that Motorola would add 10 RF channels to each of the simulcast sites to provide higher capacity just during a storm.

Matt

that is a small price to pay for 1st responder safety, but I hope it is a permanent change, it is one i have requested for almost a year now...

Searay

Premium Subscriber
I would agree. But i don't think they would turn those channels on only during the storm if in fact they have added 15 repeaters to each site. To add that much capacity at such a high cost and not leave it on would be strange. I am interested to see if you actually log voice traffic on any of the additional channels rather than just seeing them reported as resources in trunk88. I have seem similar instances on a Duke Energy site that has 5 channels, but trunk 88 reports 20 voice channels and have never logged voice on the other 15 channels.

Matt

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
i believe i had seen radio traffic on all voice channels during the storm that night, but i will double check as well as run Uni-Trunker on other computer with bct15 and compare..will also post tonight..

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Unitrunker is known to add "random" channels to a system's line-up, or at least it was known to do that at the time I used it several years ago. Consider also running Trunk88 for comparison.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker is known to add "random" channels to a system's line-up, or at least it was known to do that at the time I used it several years ago. Consider also running Trunk88 for comparison.

Trunk88 is all i run but I am going to run Unitrunker also to see if it gives same result, got side tracked last night and didn't get a chance to post, but off tomorrow so i will be up later tonight on some nets and will post what Trunk88 and Unitrunker are giving me

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Finally posted! lol
AC - Alternate Control Chanel
CC - Control Chanel
# - Seen Radio Traffic on Freq.

i have only been watching past 5 to 10 min and it is Sunday night so really slow right now, will see how many are used tomorrow afternoon once everything gets busy! lol

858.2375 #
858.7375 #
859.3375 #
859.7375 #
860.2375 #
860.3375 CC
866.5375 #
867.0375 #
867.5375 AC
868.0375 AC
868.5375 AC

Searay

Premium Subscriber
Do we have any more updates on the confirmation of additional channels?

Matt

Searay

Premium Subscriber
I have confirmed that the Richland and Lexington simulcast sites each have 15 channels. Any software reporting more is an error.

PM me if anyone has questions.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.