Palm Beach County Rescue to Hospital Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Does Palm Beach County Fire Rescue communicate to their hospitals on the 800 mhz trunked network or via the national UHF frequencies like Dade County Fire Rescue?

Thanks and one more quick question. What is the best affordable P2 scanner that will work for PBCFR and overcome the dreaded simulcast issue?

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
You are correct that they use the county trunked system for Hospital to Ambulance comms but I've grown up in Upstate NY listening to the UHF pairs (ie: MED 1-MED 10) and put those in my radio to monitor and low & behold just about every hospital in Palm Beach Co. has one they use. I submitted my findings on the PBC page. I'm guessing there kept on the air as a backup but possibly more so for out of county units that might not have our trunked radio system in there vehicles.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Unless it's changed recently, the state EMS Communications Plan requires each hospital to maintain access to two (or more) of the original UHF MED channels, as specified in the plan. Generally, at least one channel for ambulance/paramedic communications and one for inter-hospital and disaster communications.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Palm Beach County's UHF EMS plan starts on Page 71 of this pdf. 1 EMS+Volume+II+July+2013+Final.pdf (myflorida.com)

We have had this configuration since the early 2000's with the first State approved plan that utilizes direct to hospital talk-groups in the state and was granted the authority to reduce and regionalize our UHF MED repeaters. The program has not changed since its original roll-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.